Drug Addiction and LTD

Moderator: LIHL Staff

Artichoke
Forest Walker

Drug Addiction and LTD

Postby Artichoke » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:44 pm

You guys thought I was joking when I said marijuana is a horrible drug that ruins lives. You thought I was just trolling when I said weed was addictive and what starts as one joint here and there quickly spirals out of control into a full-blown dependency. My brother died from using this ghastly narcotic. He wasn't the first and he won't be the last.

Today I would like to pay respects to my good friend, LooseYourself AKA Hodor. Having known him for several years, he was always a kind soul. He started off as a noob but quickly climbed the ranks with help from the benevolent Don_Killuminati. He rapidly surpassed all mere mortals and rose to rank 1 LIHL. His king control was a sight to behold. It was as if his mouse was a Steinway grand piano and with each mouse click he was composing a beautiful symphony rivaled only by the likes of Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata in F# minor Op 27 Mvmt 3.

Not only was he able to click buttons on his mouse and keyboard in perfect succession when controlling the king, he was also excellent at pressing the lumberjack button. He would graciously YOLO, building unconventional units like upgraded mudmen and holding by the skin of his teeth with minimal value. Many people play this game casually just to relax and watch some towers kill units. Not Hodor. Every game he was performing astronomical calculations in his head. Not only would he plan several levels ahead to ensure he had the correct amount of gold, he would even start premeditating the next game, running complex simulations in regards to possible rolls and strategies. If John Nash were alive today, he would, without a second thought, give away his 1994 Nobel Prize to Hodor for his ingenuity when it came to this game.

Hodor's future was bright. At the rate he was going, nobody could compete. He could effortlessly win every LIHL season and use the PayPal funds to buy enough Cheeseburgers to satiate boogie2988's magnanimous appetite for at least two hours. There was almost nothing that could go wrong. That is, except for his dire addiction to marijuanas. When sober, Hodor's prowess in Legion TD was undeniable. Under the influence of narcotics, however, his judgement became clouded. With each inhalation, his brain cells would wither and decay, leaving but a husk of their former aptitude. He would start to YOLO with Violets and Clockwrecks, insisting they were good units. He would force a full send 7 with shockwave while attempting to hold with 1200 value of unupgraded Golbin Alchemists, because "they attack faster". On top of this, the THC would leave him in a dazed stupor, to the point where he was unable to process the chat coming from him teammates and would just solo send instead.

His brash behaviour while under the influence ultimately led to several complaints being lodged against him. He hired the best Legion TD attorney money could buy - my former lawyer, David Davidson, who you may remember Nabo not being too fond of. Nevertheless, the evidence against him was too substantial, and he ultimately was sentenced to a ban. Under normal circumstances, he would have humbly served his sentence and returned stronger than ever before. However, the drugs corrupted his judgement and influenced him into ban dodging - one of the most grievous offences possible in this community. After coming down from his high, he felt immeasurable guilt for his actions. He turned himself in to the authorities and was sentenced to year-long confinement. He remains incarcerated to this very day.

Let this be a lesson to all. Weed may seem harmless, but it can darken the soul of anyone - even a good man like Hodor. I pray that those of you who are clean stay that way, and that the addicts here check themselves into rehab to confront and ultimately overcome their Marijuana addiction.
These users thanked the author Artichoke for the post (total 8):
nicolai123 (Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:05 pm) • IamHodor (Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:05 pm) • Mind (Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:38 am) • PlastiKoteAstro (Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:19 pm) • inQ (Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:39 am) • Jamo (Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:01 pm) • smokedope123 (Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:42 am) • TinSoldier (Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:40 pm)

Kreutertee
Treant

Re: Drug Addiction and LTD

Postby Kreutertee » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:20 pm

lel same shit every year. lol

Nore
Treant Protector

Postby Nore » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:47 am

dont smoke crack.jpg
dont smoke crack.jpg (54.65 KiB) Viewed 1559 times
God is my strength.

smokedope123
Forest Walker

Postby smokedope123 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:41 am

Well played

Don_Killuminati

Postby Don_Killuminati » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:11 am

Bravo! *Clap Clap Clap*

Beastman
Treant

Postby Beastman » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:49 pm

Wow @artichoke that was by far the most beautifully crafted piece of writing ever to grace the forums of entgaming.net.

Truly remarkable, please tell me you are a writer.

inQ
Forest Walker

Postby inQ » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:39 am

Amazing piece of writing. We now have 2 poets at Ent. @hugmeonce

nicolai123
Treant

Postby nicolai123 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:18 pm

I'm reading this while im high

Beastman
Treant

Postby Beastman » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:24 pm

reading this makes me feel high

IamHodor
Forest Walker

Postby IamHodor » Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:05 pm

Hahaha, I didn't expect a Somalien owning 2 cows in a poor village could be that cultivated. Nicely done friend.
Rip Brian.

elektro
Treant

Postby elektro » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:00 pm

interesting shit indeed :D tbh i dont find ban dodging equal to maphacking -- i mean the punishment is too harsh-- not even close.

Return to “LIHL Archive”