Penalty times

Moderator: LIHL Staff

dweiler
Plague Treant

Penalty times

Postby dweiler » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:45 pm

Based on an earlier conversation with @Meshtar , I decided to update our rule book, and share it here on our forum. To be clear, we are not using this rule book at the moment.

The question is, do we want the moderators to use this rule book, and do we want it to be publicly known to players what the standard unvouch times are. My opinion is that, even though it will be harder for moderators to use their discretion, it is in everyone's interest if the way we give penalties is transparent and easy to follow for the players.

I am hoping for more opinions on this + the rule book is not finished at all, please leave a comment if you know more violations that we should include, or also leave a comment if you don't agree with a certain unvouch time/violation.

Spoiler!
LIHL Unvouch times for penalties
Read this carefully first: moderators are never forced to give the penalties given in this guide line. They can decide to give higher or lower penalties. However, they do need to motivate why they chose to give a different penalty. Those reasons can include, but are not limited to: the circumstances in the game, the nature of the violation, repeated offence, repeated offender.

Major penalties
• Maphack: 1 year, after that the violator can only come back with the support of the majority (>75%) of the league.
• Playing when unvouched: 10 days. 3 days for the one who swapped in.
• Account sharing: 1 month both.
• Ghosting: 1 month for both.

Leaving penalties
• Disconnect: Before level 20 ‘DC penalty. After level 20 1 day unvouch.
• Leaving for reasons outside of wc3: Before level 20 ‘DC penalty. After level 20 1 day unvouch.
• Ragequit/ragedisconnect: 5 days.
• Not drawing (for a disconnect or other circumstances): 3 days.

AFK penalties
• Not joining game signed for: 6 hours – 1 day.
• AFK for more than 5 minutes: Kick and dc-penalty + 1 day unvouch.
• AFK for rage-reasons: 5 days.

Building penalties
• Intentional creep pulling in dark-green/not listening to sell: 3 days.
• Selling for more than 200 value for pushing/leaking reasons: 2 days.
• Keeping more than 200 value on a racing level for pushing/leaking reasons: 2 days.
• Building more than 120 value delay: 2 days.
• Splitting to leak slower on a racing level: 2 days.

Teamplay penalities
• Refusal to teamplay throught the game: 6 days.
• Forcing a send alone: 3 days.
• Refusing to send alone: 3 days.
• Excessive flaming: 3 days.

Miscellaneous penalties
• Command abuse: 2 days.
• King juggle: 3 days.
These users thanked the author dweiler for the post (total 6):
Anda (Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:06 pm) • Jamo (Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:02 pm) • Mind (Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:22 pm) • bezdak (Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:30 pm) • matdas (Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:09 pm) • nicolai123 (Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:51 pm)
You don't stop playing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing.

nicolai123
Treant

Re: Penalty times

Postby nicolai123 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:53 pm

I think afk'ing should have bigger punishment than 1 day ban.

Meshtar
Treant

Postby Meshtar » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:28 pm

Thanks for the effort, this is very detailed now and will make it clear to all players what can they expect in case of rule violations since mods will be bound by this also. Penalties seem reasonable to me also. I !support

Anda
LIHL Staff

Postby Anda » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:06 pm

I agree with most of it, also some small ideas here.
ragequit and refusal to teamplay should imo have the same penalty time, only ragequit 1 day less if it was caused by severe refusal to teamplay from someone in the game before.
Pestering someone to play his line the way he doesnt want 2 should have some effect aswell, unless it is considered flaming ? Like tipps are ok but dont force yourself on somebody else.
I do no agree that for a revouch after mh u need 75%+ of the votes, i think 66% is fairer and more reasonable to gain ? i would be alright with 60%+ personally, but i guess 66& is easier to agree on ? 2/3.
Thx for the effort after all and good ideas.

Im_Halp
Treant

Postby Im_Halp » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:34 pm

Keeping more than 200 value on a racing level for pushing/leaking reasons: 2 days.

So to me this means having 200g and having a 7/7 push in que so a total of 380g saved? Is that correct?

Jamo
Treant

Postby Jamo » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:39 pm

I think it's not. I mean, you also lose the same amount of wood to send ;)

FadingSuns
Treant Protector

Postby FadingSuns » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:44 pm

This is a guide for u to understand, but no, we are not bound to this. Each case is different from each other so basically we can reduce or increase the penalties explained here because there is not a clear description of the little details behind each reported case.

I just hope that in case we ban someone for X reason with a different penalty than the mentioned here, u dont start linking us that content. Thanks, we already know it... I repeat, there are many things to take into account for each specific case and this is just a guideline.

dweiler
Plague Treant

Postby dweiler » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:12 pm

Thanks guys for your suggestions, please keep them coming, but I will only have time on sunday to look more detailed into it.

As for the way moderators should treat this, my suggestion would be to use this as the basis of ruling. That means that if we have a different ruling than what this guideline says, we need to justify it. 2 examples:

We will unvouch you for excessive flaming. Our guideline says 3 days, however, because your flaming was provoked by your allies, we decided to take 1 day off and unvouch you for 2 days.

You will be unvouched for building more than 120 delay. Usually that is 2 days, but this is the 3rd time we ban you for that, so we will double that penalty to 4 days.

In this way, the guideline always makes sure that any ruling, even if it doesn't completely follow what we state here, is transparent for everyone and we avoid (suspected/apparent) randomness in judging.
These users thanked the author dweiler for the post:
Jamo (Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:20 pm)
You don't stop playing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing.

Don_Killuminati

Postby Don_Killuminati » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:05 pm

Imo,
for major penalities :
Playing when unvouched = 1month ban
Account sharing = 6month ban
Ghosting = 6month ban for both

Leaving penalties :
Rq/Ragedc : 7 days at least
No draw : 7 days

Miscellaneous penalties :
Command abuse: At least 7 days

Oh well, this wont be a general truth because mods gonna handle cases 'case by case' regarding the nature of the violation, repeated offence, repeated offender as Mick said.
So its not that big deal imo .

Forest Walker

Postby 1007 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:08 pm

when i wanted 3s i hosted 3s
but haza used lihlabort command and aborted my host
then hosted 4s
and he said 'why 3s we have 7 ppl'
is this command abuse right?

HazarDous
Staff Department

Postby HazarDous » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:53 pm

1007 wrote:when i wanted 3s i hosted 3s
but haza used lihlabort command and aborted my host
then hosted 4s
and he said 'why 3s we have 7 ppl'
is this command abuse right?

No. Command abuse refers to owner privileges passed on through the bot, not LIHL mods' privileges or any higher privileges I might have on the bot. If you've a grievance toward my actions, DM me rather than this weird post 5(?) months after it happened.

Forest Walker

Postby 1007 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:08 pm

@hazardous
yeah my post was aim for you
and i already knew answer
i asked to diablo b4
he said 'even mod cant not abort 2s or 3s host if someone want to 2s or 3s'

HazarDous
Staff Department

Postby HazarDous » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:48 pm

You asked a question to which you already had an answer? Anyway, I answered your question nonetheless, without getting into the specifics.

This bot doesn't allow for 2s and 4s to run simultaneously (like it used to), though. Which means players cannot simply start a 2s or 3s if there are >8 players willing to [only] play a 4s. That's something mods will moderate, yeah. With regards to the specifics of the case above mentioned, I can't remember what it was about.

Return to “LIHL Archive”