About report

Moderator: LIHL Staff

JoeSakic
Resource Storage

About report

Postby JoeSakic » Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:54 pm

OK guys i never talk on this forum but now i have an idead to suggest you. ( sorry for my english its bad and i know ) My point is : i agree to all players who break the rules. If you report someone who break the rules its ok he desere the ban. But my new idea is : im tired of no sense report. theres too many, for most of us we are not childrens. My idea is : if you report someone, and the guy is guilty its ok the guy deserv a ban. But if you report someone for no valuable reson, YOU instead got the ban. this will allow players who like to report for no valuable reason to get like : calm down buddy. RESUME you report for good reason = ban to the player, you report for no reason = you are ban

Meshtar
Treant

Re: About report

Postby Meshtar » Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:01 am

So someone breaks into my house and I report the guy who I think did it, but fail to get him convicted due to lack of evidence. Result - I go to jail for the break in?
Man, Canadian justice system is really hardcore

Im_Halp
Treant

Postby Im_Halp » Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:44 am

I suppose the follow up would be what is determined to be a valuable reason; that sort of question is somewhat subjective and i'm not sure if that is what you want.

KiwiLeKiller
Treant Protector

Postby KiwiLeKiller » Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:46 am

Meshtar wrote:So someone breaks into my house and I report the guy who I think did it, but fail to get him convicted due to lack of evidence. Result - I go to jail for the break in?
Man, Canadian justice system is really hardcore

In Canada, we don't need proofs, people are executed on sight. Also we have no jail, it's just a waste anyway.
These users thanked the author KiwiLeKiller for the post:
Meshtar (Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:13 am)
"in a moment of extreme passion"
- Beastman (2017)

Jamo
Treant

Postby Jamo » Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:29 am

Maybe, something that would help is when one is only allowed to write a ban reqest after 2 hours have passed after the game or so.
There is just so much drama and rage created because people are mad after a game, make the ban request and in the end, they don't really care after they have calmed down. So, just automatically reject all ban requests that are being posted within 2 hours (or so) after a game and 90% of the requests are not even being posted anymore.
These users thanked the author Jamo for the post:
dweiler (Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:23 am)

HazarDous
Staff Department

Postby HazarDous » Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:38 am

As for the initial suggestion, it is a no.

With regards to premature and drama-induced reports, moderators will deal with those accordingly by warning individuals whom we deem should calm down a little.

dweiler
Plague Treant

Postby dweiler » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:21 am

Thanks for thinking with us to reduce the drama on forum. But I do like Jamo's suggestion a lot. I think it is the way to reduce the rage-reports with 90%. At the moment the forum is just 99% negativity and even though we can deal with that, it does not represent the league we want for sure. I think a cap of 2 hours is great.

I also think we should formalize unvouch requests, for example with a form like in the pub ban requests. This because people report without actually stating exactly what rule was broken: 'he built greymane instead of hades on 7'-type of reports are so vague and there are actually no rules against this, yet we do let moderators analyze it and try to see if there is some rule against it anyway. If you are forced to write down exactly what rule you are talking about, that makes the life of moderators 100x easier, we can just check if that rule was violated or not.

Also added to that should be a special form for if you want to report someone being too bad for the league, with some criteria, like you need to add at least 5 replays from the last month that show they consistently play below LIHL level etc.
These users thanked the author dweiler for the post:
Jamo (Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:04 am)
You don't stop playing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing.

FadingSuns
Treant Protector

Postby FadingSuns » Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:44 pm

I support jamo view also, think a bit before ragereport take a deep breath...

Archiving

Don_Killuminati

Postby Don_Killuminati » Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:45 pm

Good job Joe, you make me laugh!

Return to “LIHL Archive”