WTF is going on guys

Moderator: LIHL Staff

FadingSuns
Treant Protector

WTF is going on guys

Postby FadingSuns » Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:47 am

Can we all calm down a bit and try to actually solve problems talking? Its like we struggling the league atm... Lets all breath a bit before let the hate report....

JoeSakic
Resource Storage

Re: WTF is going on guys

Postby JoeSakic » Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:57 am

i agree

KiwiLeKiller
Treant Protector

Postby KiwiLeKiller » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:47 am

!voteblamekiwi
"in a moment of extreme passion"
- Beastman (2017)

Diablo_
Protector of Nature

Postby Diablo_ » Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:04 pm

The amount of bullshit reports is really astonishing lately. Relax a bit guys, not every action which is different to the one you would make is "tk" or unvouch-worthy.
-----
LIHL player parser, a tool to automatically parse LIHL players' Elo and create reports for it: CLICK

Kreutertee
Treant

Postby Kreutertee » Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:21 pm

"WTF is going on" can be described rather easily.

There are two major problems at hand.

The inability of certain people to accept there are players of different skills
LIHL probably is divided in 10% top players, a broad midfield of maybe 70% who can play quite well, leaving 20% who are maybe not fit for LIHL.

Not everyone is able to comprehend every call or move. And noone has to. But instead of elaborating why this or that call is good, people tend to flame or just ignore other people's concerns. Noone cares to explain. And all that directly leads to the second problem...

The inability to properly play in team
Some players need more guidance than others and there is nothing wrong with that. But stronger players just assume, everyone can read their mind. Well, they can't. And the result is, after something didn't go the way they anticipated or expected it, they easily call someone being the TKer. Instead of explaining up front what the plan is. Cause a simple "you need push" sometimes doesn't cut it, while being the strongest holder maybe. Sure, that goes both ways, stronger players being too ignorant to explain and rather flame afterwards and the weaker players being too ignorant to accept a suggestion or a call.

That leads to people forcing calls on others and the "Processed Cases" section is living proof of that. Just because someone isn't constantly 1500+ elo, doesn't mean they still don't have a say in calls, since it's a team game and usually majority votes do the trick. But the amount of forced sends is rising steadily, certain players think it's their show, their game and everyone else has to follow. And usually when this gets reported, the forced call obviously failed and proving, those players aren't always right as well. And many failed force-calls aren't even reported.

So, what can be done to resolve those issues?
A good start was the moderators decision to be less lenient on rule violations and enforce rules in a clear way. That should serve as learning aid for the violators to overthink their behaviour and how they are perceived by others. Well, I personally support that and report what I feel is wrong, cause from the bottom of my heart I believe if we all just play by the same rules, there would be way less drama.

So far, this way has been of average success.

One example: I've had quite a few arguments with dafuker and it's no secret we haven't always been on best terms. So I reported him a few times. But he changed his behaviour a bit and seems to be reasonable person who doesn't bear grudges, which I respect a lot. Cause lately I feel we get along quite nicely, play better in team and that's a huge improvement for everyone on the team. Less drama, more fun and sometimes you still just lose. That's life.

And I think the key point is: being reasonable.

If we all would be a little bit more reasonable and a little bit less ignorant, everyone would benefit. Since this is no highly renumerated e-sports league with millions of dollars at stake, keeping the fun for everyone should be the primary goal for all of us.

Peace.
These users thanked the author Kreutertee for the post (total 2):
7years (Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:39 pm) • Goldie (Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:12 pm)

Don_Killuminati

Postby Don_Killuminati » Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:41 pm

I still remember one of the last game we played together Kreutertee, you kinda forced me to ignore you lvl20 because you were spamming 'noob call' 'tk call' etc..
Then you did litteraly solo send 26, it stayed like 20sec alone on send area before blue aka stathis ping it and say wtf. I did unignore you right after to ask you why the hell would we send against full magic (hydra druids), you said 'its 100% win' 'ez win' 'its the best call'. I was like wtf we are not playing the same game.
So 26 comes, and as expected 10k val mid not even close to king leaks so far. I was really mad at you for this and even flammed you the game after.

So i have a question now kreut, in that game, did u felt like a '10% top players' playing with the '20% who are maybe not fit for LIHL' ?( including achillesgr teachrolls and i)

Kreutertee
Treant

Postby Kreutertee » Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:54 pm

@Don_Killuminati

Lets not do game specifics in this thread, I'm happy to explain my point of view in chat or somehwere else :) I msg u on discord

BoretkPanda
Treant Protector

Postby BoretkPanda » Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:54 pm

JoeSakic wrote:i agree

u better get another grey into ygg

FadingSuns
Treant Protector

Postby FadingSuns » Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:58 pm

BTW i didnt make this topic for creating more fken drama. THANKS IN ADVANCE!
These users thanked the author FadingSuns for the post:
Meshtar (Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:10 pm)

dweiler
Plague Treant

Postby dweiler » Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:26 pm

I agree with this, this league has become so childish. What the hell do people think, that moderators have nothing better to do with their time? We play here in a league, to enjoy, to relax, to have a good time with each other.

I don't think at all that we should have more strict mods. We should start playing this game again for what it is, some old retarded game that we play because we like to have fun here. I am really tired of acting like a kindergarten cop here. Sure, I know there is some drama from time to time, but I became mod to enhance the experience for others in a fun league, not to become a police man for some kiddo's who keep reporting each other for every single thing.

And I think soon you guys won't have any moderators anymore if you keep acting like this (I'm sure the one's I'm talking about know), because who the fuck wants to spend their free time like this.
These users thanked the author dweiler for the post (total 2):
7years (Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:44 pm) • inQ (Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:32 pm)
You don't stop playing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing.

inQ
Forest Walker

Postby inQ » Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:37 pm

I really think we should implement the 2 hour rule for posting ban requests unless it's for d/c penalty or something comparable.
I was going to full out rage report Ba_Fail for going Komo over meat wagon yolo the other day b/c he didn't push nor did he have hold potential but then after a few hours I realized how stupid it was and how much time I was going to waste on a BRQ that was most likely going to get denied. I think if we strictly enforce this 2 hours rule, I guarantee you half of these silly banrequests and lihl drama will be greatly reduced. Like you said, we all come here to have fun but in the heat of the moment people get too emotional. I believe that most of us here are rational and I'm sure cooler heads will prevail if given enough time to think about the situation.
These users thanked the author inQ for the post (total 2):
7years (Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:45 pm) • dweiler (Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:13 pm)

Meshtar
Treant

Postby Meshtar » Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:23 pm

MickeyTheMousie wrote:I am really tired of acting like a kindergarten cop here.

You are tired of being Arnold Schwarzenegger?

dweiler
Plague Treant

Postby dweiler » Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:35 pm

Meshtar wrote:
You are tired of being Arnold Schwarzenegger?

Hard work going to gym every day to keep those muscles... :(
You don't stop playing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing.

iamyoursenpai
Treant

Postby iamyoursenpai » Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:07 pm

I need to plee more to bring the Dalai Lama vibes

BoretkPanda
Treant Protector

Postby BoretkPanda » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:48 pm

chichen dirisous!

Return to “LIHL Archive”