We need a proper !FF option

Moderator: LIHL Staff

AvadaKedavra
Forest Walker

We need a proper !FF option

Postby AvadaKedavra » Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:20 pm

No more stupid selling your towers, if you want to !ff. It always takes forever, and even if everybody agrees, you're some guy will come afterwards and be like "Hey, I didnt agree".

Even if you agree to sell, and let your enemies win, it takes another 2-3 min for the king to die. It's a shitty system.

We need a real !forfeit option: 4/4 votes needed of course

Maybe a vote can only be issued once every 3-4 min. to avoid spam

Once the game is forfeited a message would annonce it, and perhaps also a countdown from 5.. 4... 3... 2... 1... to ensure that everybody is on equal footing to join next game

Why on earth don't we just add this to our league? Some games u try a really desperate low chance play, and as soon as it fails, the game could just end to save time.. No more waiting around for your enemies to win on 17, 18 or even 20 when they are far ahead.

If we add this, and the entire league collapses in the chaos, no games going beyond lvl 3, (which I'm sure will happen), we can always revert it. However on 1200+ the option is not crazily abused, and there it only takes 3/4 votes.

I know an !ff option was added and later removed from the league, a looong time ago... I think it's time we give it another shot!

inQ
Forest Walker

Re: We need a proper !FF option

Postby inQ » Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:42 pm

Instead of !ff can we make it !avada ?

I generally don't like forfeiting but there are certain games where you literally have 0% of winning so I support this to save time.
Last edited by inQ on Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author inQ for the post:
Meshtar (Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:20 pm)

Don_Killuminati

Postby Don_Killuminati » Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:43 pm

Not the best time to ask for it imo, but i would like also an ff option with 4/4 votes required..
Im pretty sure i can earn money by !ff for avada :lol:

dweiler
Plague Treant

Postby dweiler » Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:37 pm

Before we did not do this, because we feared people would 'force' each other or nag each other to !ff when he still wants to play and the others lost hope. I have had plenty of games where my allies wanted to !ff and that we still ended up winning, some of those might not have happened if they typed !ff and I was tired of their negative talk to convince me to !ff too.
You don't stop playing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing.

Im_Halp
Treant

Postby Im_Halp » Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:45 pm

I kinda dont like the idea of this simply because it will give people a further incentive to try and force an ff. For instance i was playing in a game, which most likely was lost, and players were calling ff from lvl 3 or something ridiculous. We got to level 14 2v4 heals and I had called for clog and regular send, 2900 avg, however since they wanted to ff for essentialy the entire game they, 2 people, voted to inc send instead because that was a better option. We were 100% dead to a send on 15 so instead of trying to get lucky they did an inc send. We mkght have still lost but since they wanted to ff the entire game they did not care to try. I think adding this function will only enable people to force an ff more often than maybe necessary or wanted.

Diablo_
Protector of Nature

Postby Diablo_ » Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:45 pm

I still think a competitive league should offer no way to forfeit :)
-----
LIHL player parser, a tool to automatically parse LIHL players' Elo and create reports for it: CLICK

BoretkPanda
Treant Protector

Postby BoretkPanda » Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:00 pm

stop been madgirl and play like a men

nicolai123
Treant

Postby nicolai123 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:09 pm

The amount of games where you will be 100% sure its a lost game is less than the amount of games, wherein people call ff and it's not clear that it is lost. This is just from my own personal experience, ofcourse. If its just lost anyways just wait out the 5 minutes it takes for you to die. I don't feel like waiting a couple minutes extra once in a game you know you is lost once in a blue moon merits implementing a !ff option.
These users thanked the author nicolai123 for the post:
BoretkPanda (Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:41 pm)

HazarDous
Staff Department

Postby HazarDous » Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:53 am

I already don't like the idea of players forcing others into selling. I don't want to make that any easier with the !ff.

If a game is completely lost, ask for sell and it'll be over in 1-2min. Otherwise, just play it out...

Denied.

AvadaKedavra
Forest Walker

Postby AvadaKedavra » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:19 pm

Why is this suggestion being denied? Shouldn't we at least have a vote?

I propose we "try" it for 2-3 days, then have a vote after, so people know what they are saying yes/no to. If the majority dislikes it, I will gladly accept that (ok not really)..

We've had entire seasons with different elo/team setups, to try something new, and to see the response from the players. We could at least give !ff option (something that works well on 1200+ bot) a couple of days of trial!

AvadaKedavra
Forest Walker

Postby AvadaKedavra » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:19 pm

Also 1 mod just denying the topic... MOD ABUSE :evil:

Return to “LIHL Archive”