Lihl mod list and rankings

Moderator: LIHL Staff

Meshtar
Treant

Lihl mod list and rankings

Postby Meshtar » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:27 am

Ok since we all needed to see that list of how good or bad we are, I thought I should make my own list here.
Point of this list is to let moderators see how they made people feel by making that list, where they conveniently have left out skill ranking of themselves. This is not a revenge post, this is a make a point post plus always good to know feedback from the community. Please contribute and let people know how you feel. Besides that argument that triggered all this i think there should be a thread where people could give feedback about lihl moderating and I don't mean complaints only, but suggestions, praises, how to improve etc.

Lihl Mod ranking

High ranked: Mick Not without a mistake of course, but nevertheless a very mannered, fair and levelheaded person. He has shown he can be strict and give away penalties if those are deserved, but also very reasonable and has shown multiple times he can admit making a mistake if someone points him to it. I think he sets an example to other mods.

Average ranked: Hazardous Generally fair and reasonable, but still has shown some level of bias and leniency in rulings when him or his mates were involved. Nothing extreme of course, we are all human. Generally keeps to his own opinion, but is rarely extreme and unreasonable.

Low ranked: Ace Known as very emotional and impulsive, which I have witnessed myself several times in my short time in lihl, which often leads to some very un-moderator like behavior, be that insults or some spiteful actions. Generally fair when he is cool and not triggered by something, he can also reach out to people to be more forgiving and to stop reporting each other and to generally be more friendly. His moderating is very much affected by his mood which is mostly why he is ranked so low. Recently a rule has been passed that people can't report within 2 hours of some game issue that deserves reporting so people would cool off. I think by doing the same in moderating Ace would improve noticeably.

Low ranked: n1ll3 Generally considered very mannered and nice. His low ranking comes mostly from very noticeable inactivity be that vouch requests, handling reports or w/e else. That occasionally leads to questions to him in game and discord, "hey n1ll3, are you still a mod?" He also mostly handles reports that are directly linked to him, thus being his own moderator. Of course, the infamous Lihl skill list came from him, in my opinion without any bad intention, but mostly cause of not thinking it through. Some more activity would definitely help him being ranked better.

Extremely low ranked : Moderator synergy and cohesion All other things aside, this is by far the worst part of lihl moderation as it was already pointed out by myself and many other players. Every moderator speaks for himself, argues his opinion against other moderators thus making their points much weaker and making it all look to us like pure anarchy. This is what needs most improving by a mile. More communication and discussion and consensus before anything is decided, posted or ruled.

Honorable mentions : Anda Moderator barely for a day, he still needs to be evaluated. I hope he can put his efforts at that worst part of moderating, internal communication.

nicolai123
Treant

Re: Lihl mod list and rankings

Postby nicolai123 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:43 am

I agree with all except mick, i think he has been biased on some vouch requests i.e. the ones on his LTL team.

dweiler
Plague Treant

Postby dweiler » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:50 am

nicolai123 wrote:I agree with all except mick, i think he has been biased on some vouch requests i.e. the ones on his LTL team.

You, on the other hand, were clearly very objective on those topics.

Spoiler!
Stop your bullshit man
You don't stop playing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing.

Escaflowne
Armored Tree

Postby Escaflowne » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:55 am

Seriously, I come here to have fun but half of this fuckin league are just toxic know-it-alls. And yeah, some of the mods too. Handling their own requests, banning people randomly (like thizz earlier today). It's just total BS, spoiled man children is what y'all are. Kudos to the mods that actually are unbiased and are putting in the hours to make this league work. But the rest of you can suck my dick. You know who you are.
These users thanked the author Escaflowne for the post:
Im_Halp (Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:57 am)

Im_Halp
Treant

Postby Im_Halp » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:57 am

MickeyTheMousie wrote:
nicolai123 wrote:I agree with all except mick, i think he has been biased on some vouch requests i.e. the ones on his LTL team.

You, on the other hand, were clearly very objective on those topics.

Spoiler!
Stop your bullshit man

The main difference between you and nico, your a mod.

FadingSuns
Treant Protector

Postby FadingSuns » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:07 am

Easy to talk when you are just watching at the other side of the glass, but yeh, ima swallow it just like u say. Tbh i never liked to do this job, as i said on my application (viewtopic.php?f=34&t=112544) i just came here to give a hand on a moment of lack of interest. Since theres already a new mod (welcome anda) and more ppl like Fate, Kreutertee and urself (meshtar) willing to be mods, i really see no need of having me ruling this, moreover when myself feel theres a big consensus on that.

Its nothing new that im willing to leave this moderation since some time, maybe just need fresh blood here, i agree on that.

Meshtar
Treant

Postby Meshtar » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:19 am

Its just an opinion of mine Ace, which this list has only triggered me to post. I actually mean what I said, for better or for worse. I also understand how hard is your job and that of other mods, being a nanny for a kindergarten such as this, so ye sometimes you end up being the kid yourself. The way the community works there is a long time ahead of me before I can even think of being a successful moderator for a league such as this, assuming I would want to do such a hard and thankless job.

dweiler
Plague Treant

Postby dweiler » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:39 am

Well, I do see the good intentions in here, I just don't think ranking people is good in any way. All of the mods are trying to do their best to make this league the best gaming experience for all. Just as it's no fun to see yourself ranked low in Player rankings, it's the same for mods.

Also don't forget, I have the most experience of all the moderators here. I have been through all the mistakes others made as well, and am still regularly making them. We should also allow others to do some dumb things, like in earlier seasons, people allowed me as well, and make some hasty decisions without blaming them too hard. I think it's impossible to be a perfect moderator from the start.

I highly agree we should work on being a single front more. It has been a bit of a mess lately. As Ace said, we will re-evaluate what to do with those rankings (if anything at all). Just give us some time to work it out.

I will process this before it gets hijacked to be another drama thread :)
You don't stop playing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing.

bezdak
Corrupted Treant

Postby bezdak » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:45 am

People just need to relax a bit, the list drama topic was the greatest thing I've ever read in LIHL forums, thanks for that :D
"Flame don´t make people play better" - Wolke

KiwiLeKiller
Treant Protector

Postby KiwiLeKiller » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:18 am

LIHL will die for good when either one of those 2 things gets achieved:

1) No moderators are willing to do the job and there is no moderators anymore.

2) Kiwi becomes moderator.

So I think we should be thankful for all the work and time mods invest in this league. They are far from being perfect, just like anyone here. People have to stop seeing drama everywhere and have to relax a bit before they start whining about everything. Both this topic and the previous topic made by n1ll3 about skill level were no big deal, yet people manage to make a mess out of nothing.

So here is my advise for everyone feeling concerned about it:
Spoiler!
PUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSH WTF?!
These users thanked the author KiwiLeKiller for the post:
bezdak (Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:22 am)
"in a moment of extreme passion"
- Beastman (2017)

HazarDous
Staff Department

Postby HazarDous » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:24 am

Has anyone seen Kiwi?

Kiwi wrote:LIHL will die for good when either one of those 2 things gets achieved:

1) No moderators are willing to do the job and there is no moderators anymore.

2) Kiwi becomes moderator.

So I think we should be thankful for all the work and time mods invest in this league. They are far from being perfect, just like anyone here. People have to stop seeing drama everywhere and have to relax a bit before they start whining about everything. Both this topic and the previous topic made by n1ll3 about skill level were no big deal, yet people manage to make a mess out of nothing.

So here is my advise for everyone feeling concerned about it:
Spoiler!
PUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSH WTF?!

Hey, have you seen kiwi?
These users thanked the author HazarDous for the post:
KiwiLeKiller (Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:12 am)

TinSoldier
Treant Protector

Postby TinSoldier » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:47 am

Can always rely on Meshtar to spit some verbal diaharea when hes triggered or butthurt about something

Meshtar
Treant

Postby Meshtar » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:27 am

TinSoldier wrote:Can always rely on Meshtar to spit some verbal diaharea when hes triggered or butthurt about something

True. Unlike you, I don't create drama only when it suits me or my own goals, but when I see something I feel is not right. I do think I have been overly active about these things and sometimes I really wonder why the fuck do I bother so much ;)

FadingSuns
Treant Protector

Postby FadingSuns » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:35 pm

who gave u the title of forum police or players defendor? do you feel the need of have an oppinion on every topic? Let me tell u something, noone gives a shit, moreover ppl dont like divas here.

KiwiLeKiller
Treant Protector

Postby KiwiLeKiller » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:36 pm

Stop it WTF, you are only alimenting the drama...
"in a moment of extreme passion"
- Beastman (2017)

Return to “LIHL Archive”