Please enforce the 2 hour rule.

Moderator: LIHL Staff

inQ
Forest Walker

Please enforce the 2 hour rule.

Postby inQ » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:05 pm

Please don't get butthurt over this post, I'm not calling anyone out nor do I intend to insult anyone but what's the point of implementing the 2 hour rule on posting ban requests if people bypass it with the lame excuse "my stance won't change in 2 hours"? That's not the point of that rule. Noone cares if you're going to copy and paste the same BRQ in 2 hours or not- the intent of the rule was cutting down on drama and it should be kept no matter what. Mods were explicit in stating that any BRQs even disc penalty should be reported 2 hours later and that should be final whether your stance changes or not.

Proposal:
1st time offenders who post before 2 hours should get a warning and their post deleted.

2nd offense: Post deleted with no chance to repost (make it invalid) with small unvounch.

If we formally make a rule, it should be kept and not bypassed. Thank you.
Last edited by inQ on Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Diablo_
Protector of Nature

Re: Please inforce the 2 hour rule.

Postby Diablo_ » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:24 pm

Penalties aren't useful for that imo.
If anything just close the thread and archive it, reporter can repost later.

Imo the 2h-rule is one of the rules that sounds good in theory but is just impractical and annoying. But yeah, the rule should either be enforced or removed.
-----
LIHL player parser, a tool to automatically parse LIHL players' Elo and create reports for it: CLICK

Im_Halp
Treant

Postby Im_Halp » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:41 pm

I agree that we should enforce the rule, however, we should not take erroneous action against people who break it. I think dia's suggestion is good.

bezdak
Corrupted Treant

Postby bezdak » Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:06 am

I think that's the dumbest rule I've ever seen... Either the person breaks rules and deserves a ban, or he doesn't - then maybe you might think of some kind of warning for wasting mods' time but even that sounds pretty broken... Especially having to wait 2 hours for a DC penalty makes absolutely 0 sense - those should be an automatic procedure after every single DC...
These users thanked the author bezdak for the post:
Varg (Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:08 am)
"Flame don´t make people play better" - Wolke

dweiler
Plague Treant

Postby dweiler » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:58 am

bezdak wrote:I think that's the dumbest rule I've ever seen... Either the person breaks rules and deserves a ban, or he doesn't - then maybe you might think of some kind of warning for wasting mods' time but even that sounds pretty broken... Especially having to wait 2 hours for a DC penalty makes absolutely 0 sense - those should be an automatic procedure after every single DC...

What you are forgetting is that, lets be conservative, half of all of the violations are solved within the community. I have never reported a DC-penalty on my own, for example.

This rule is because we want to keep LIHL that way, where people solve things among each other, people talk and forgive each other if they had a power outage or something on a DC, and keep the reports for cases where they feel they cannot solve it on their own. Like in dc-case what you say makes 0 sense, I think it is good if people think about: okay he had a power outage, apologized extensively, do I really want to take 20 elo from him, or can we just say 'bad luck' and move on? I don't know why you would want to take that part of 'manners' and 'community solving' out of LIHL.
You don't stop playing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing.

bezdak
Corrupted Treant

Postby bezdak » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:02 am

MickeyTheMousie wrote:I don't know why you would want to take that part of 'manners' and 'community solving' out of LIHL.

Because rules are here to be obeyed.

The current system of dcing is extremely unfair - it' s pretty much just a popularily contest... The result is some people getting - elo and some not. And I'm pretty damn sure you would find some kind of pattern if you decided to investigate who got a penalty and who didn't. Not like I'm somehow affected by this - I get 0 internet issues and thank god didn't have a RL emerfency during the game yet, just seeing, how it currently works makes me smh...

And about the other rules - then u have people not giving a fuck, selling too much, building weird delays etc... Just be honest - how many bans for saving/selling too much/splitting would you give out if Halp didn't apply?
"Flame don´t make people play better" - Wolke

FateStayNight
Forest Walker

Re: Please enforce the 2 hour rule.

Postby FateStayNight » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:15 am

I have to agree with Mick here.

I havent reported anyone for dc/pp w/e so far. Lets say theres a level 5 game and no one has sent so far, theres no reason for me to report someone that dced for whatever reason, when the game was still totaly open. When someone dcs right before a racing level or just after you lost 4 heals on 7, then its a different story, but that almost never happens.

Yes people like fana getting dc penalty way more often but thats because they dc very often and dont use gproxy.

Also i dont think every rulebreak is report worthy, lets say someone is farmblocked and keeps building to be below 200g on his bank but runs out of time and has 215 gold overall left and it has no impact on the result since you win by 10k hp, i dont think its worth a report.

Imo its almost always the intention what matters behind a rulebreak, if you break the rules on purpose with the intention to gain advantage, theres no doubt its report worthy, else its up to players to report or not.
These users thanked the author FateStayNight for the post:
iamyoursenpai (Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:34 pm)

Don_Killuminati

Postby Don_Killuminati » Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:19 pm

bezdak wrote:
MickeyTheMousie wrote:I don't know why you would want to take that part of 'manners' and 'community solving' out of LIHL.

Because rules are here to be obeyed.

The current system of dcing is extremely unfair - it' s pretty much just a popularily contest... The result is some people getting - elo and some not. And I'm pretty damn sure you would find some kind of pattern if you decided to investigate who got a penalty and who didn't. Not like I'm somehow affected by this - I get 0 internet issues and thank god didn't have a RL emerfency during the game yet, just seeing, how it currently works makes me smh...

And about the other rules - then u have people not giving a fuck, selling too much, building weird delays etc... Just be honest - how many bans for saving/selling too much/splitting would you give out if Halp didn't apply?

Auto dc pen is much tk thing possible because if i dc before lvl1 = -18elo ,and if i dc before my death lvl15 = -18 .
Don't forget that making rules can't cover all and sometimes it can also tk, lucky we got decent mindset to avoid acting as robots.
So giving people the right to choice which case is dc pen worthy is from your opinion 'extremely unfair' ?

FadingSuns
Treant Protector

Re: Please enforce the 2 hour rule.

Postby FadingSuns » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:08 pm

I would trust mod to apply common sense case by case but i might be a creature under extintion

Return to “LIHL Archive”