Insulting rules

Moderator: LIHL Staff

schrumpfi
Aura Tree

Insulting rules

Postby schrumpfi » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:26 pm

I just got banned for two days for callign somebody a noob.

In my opinion noob stands for newbie which is a word to say that somebody is not used to a game and dont know all the things possible. I got banned for this after calling somebody noob who seconds before showed he dont know that skeletor is also a good yolo unit. So in my opinion that not a flame but just my opinion about the skill level of a player especially while i got provoked before.

I want to ask the mods here to make clear which words in which context under which circumstances are banable, because i really dont see what is banable, what is insulting and what is my opinion about other player skill levels anymore.

If there arent clearly rules here and its just decided by how the mods fell or which mood the mod has at that time i think this decitions are kind a randomly, cause there where lots of cases with harder flame as in that game where no bans were made cause the flame was provoked.

Anda
LIHL Staff

Re: Insulting rules

Postby Anda » Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:26 pm

Is this a serious request or u just trying to blow off some steam?

FadingSuns
Treant Protector

Postby FadingSuns » Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:41 pm

I didnt read the lobby chat but cant imagine ur banned just for calling someone noob. It was pointed u had some personal insulting in that game. If in fact u are just banned for call someone noob i would 100% agree its totally unfair.

TinSoldier
Treant Protector

Postby TinSoldier » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:28 pm

did schrumpfi get reported before for flame? i couldnt find anything in processed cases. overall its pretty lame unvouch for mild comments if its his first offense...

Anda
LIHL Staff

Postby Anda » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:20 am

As far as im concerned its not a problem of the duration of the ban, its that schrumpfi doesnt seem to understand why he was banned.Hes also making a bit of fun on senpai in the other post. for feeling deeply hurt by being called Halp or whatever when he clearly misinterpreted vendetas comments. I didnt judge this case cause i was over supportive for vendeta before, but i can support senpai in his overall judgement here. Its not about 1 word he used to call vende. There are many things to point out that schrumpfi did wrong in that game. If there is need for that, i am sure senpai can deliver in detail what drove him to his decision.Is the duration of the ban debatable ? yes , and theres good arguments for 48 hours and also for less. Im on good terms with schrumpfi , but whole mod team agreed his actions were not to be accepted.

smokedope123
Forest Walker

Postby smokedope123 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:48 am

Snowblind wrote:As far as im concerned its not a problem of the duration of the ban, its that schrumpfi doesnt seem to understand why he was banned.Hes also making a bit of fun on senpai in the other post. for feeling deeply hurt by being called Halp or whatever when he clearly misinterpreted vendetas comments. I didnt judge this case cause i was over supportive for vendeta before, but i can support senpai in his overall judgement here. Its not about 1 word he used to call vende. There are many things to point out that schrumpfi did wrong in that game. If there is need for that, i am sure senpai can deliver in detail what drove him to his decision.Is the duration of the ban debatable ? yes , and theres good arguments for 48 hours and also for less. Im on good terms with schrumpfi , but whole mod team agreed his actions were not to be accepted.

He's pissed and being salty now. Good behaviour? No. Reasonable? Kinda...

dweiler
Plague Treant

Postby dweiler » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:03 pm

schrumpfi wrote:I want to ask the mods here to make clear which words in which context under which circumstances are banable, because i really dont see what is banable, what is insulting and what is my opinion about other player skill levels anymore.

If there arent clearly rules here and its just decided by how the mods fell or which mood the mod has at that time i think this decitions are kind a randomly, cause there where lots of cases with harder flame as in that game where no bans were made cause the flame was provoked.

If you are unsure of what you can and can't do: you can behave normally, you cannot behave like an asshole. In this case: you can say you think going bone warriors is better, you cannot harass someone, keep calling them noob and say they suck because they are in trial etc. It's quite easy. In general, if this is too hard for you, stick to this rule: treat others like you want to be treated.

Processing.
You don't stop playing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing.

Return to “LIHL Archive”