Not an essay

Moderator: LIHL Staff

Meshtar
Treant

Not an essay

Postby Meshtar » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:50 pm

I will try to be as brief as possible :) Together with the rest of you I really hope atmosphere in lihl can be better than it is now. That being said, I don't believe lihl will become significantly less childish than it is, thus I doubt moderator work will become any less sucky than it is now. So I have an idea. If hill won't come to Muhammad, maybe Muhammad can come to the hill? In other words maybe the right choice would be to have no less than 5 (yes five) mods in lihl. The idea is that with 5 people doing this thankless job, it should be far less frustrating, no single moderator would need to deal with this crap daily, in general some damage share as when trying to hold a level :) That would mean 2 more moderators at least ( If Mick would consider staying in such less burdening manner) or even 3 more mods if he really feels he has had enough of us for good :)
Opinions?

Jamo
Treant

Re: Not an essay

Postby Jamo » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:55 pm

I doubt this is a matter of opinion, but rather a matter of who is willing to do this. But sure, I agree, lihl needs more mods, no doubt

Jabba41
Protector of Nature

Postby Jabba41 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:56 pm

What Jamo said, dont think anyone got denied in the past years because we have too many mods in any category ^^
These users thanked the author Jabba41 for the post:
Stiff_Maistar (Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:30 pm)
Send me your best Sloth pictures for instant unban*

*individual results may vary

BoretkPanda
Treant Protector

Postby BoretkPanda » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:11 pm

I get more and more the feeling mesh works on his modapply
Please no

KiwiLeKiller
Treant Protector

Postby KiwiLeKiller » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:14 pm

I think there are pros and cons to this idea...

Pros: What Meshtar said, more mods = reduced work charge for all of them, more mod presence, etc.
Cons: Mods need to be a team and to generally think the same, if your mods say things differently, shit will hit the fan rather quickly. Also, 5 people reviewing vouch requests (for instance) will lead to some inconsistencies, one will be harsher, other will be less peeky, etc. Same goes for unvouch times, etc. Also, I do not think that 3 more persons would be willing to commit to such a thing as moderating LIHL as it is now...

I was discussing yesterday with on DIscord with Psyclone, Anda and Tomba:
Spoiler!
Psyclone - Last Sunday at 5:30 PM
i think its a profound misunderstanding. lihl is a league for people who share a deep passion for legion td. we dont earn a penny here, its for the fun
Anda - Last Sunday at 5:30 PM
Flame dont make people play better
harrassing people dont make em play better either
TeachRolls - Last Sunday at 5:31 PM
there are people who are less affected by his actions
TeachRolls - Last Sunday at 5:31 PM
they don't turn up throwing parades in his defense
Anda - Last Sunday at 5:31 PM
so show some self restrain, communicate normally, just reportr normally and make your point like a civilized person
i cant understand how that is a hard thing to do rly
KiwiLeRageQuit - Last Sunday at 5:33 PM
"its for the fun" - I agre, but people sometimes ruin the fun with their lack of skills and thier attitude @Psyclone
KiwiLeRageQuit - Last Sunday at 5:33 PM
And i can include myself in that
Psyclone - Last Sunday at 5:33 PM
only if you have to high expectations

After re-reading what Psyclone said, I realized that I do have high expectations towards people in LIHL, because this is how the idea was sold to me: higher quality games, more skills, etc. But I think we forgot the main aspect: Manners, nice people, great atmosphere... After all, we all play this for fun.

In conclusion, I do not think having more mods change anything, but rather that we, people, have to change our mentalities and our behavior. No one here is perfect, neither skill-wise, nor in term of behavior. When we will have changed this, things will be much nicer.
"in a moment of extreme passion"
- Beastman (2017)

Meshtar
Treant

Postby Meshtar » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:33 pm

I definitely wasn't thinking myself for the job Panda. Try seeing things positive once for a change, might change your life also.
Kiwi as it is now, regular players have been reviewing vouch requests also and it didn't make any big difference, and to be honest there aren't that many vouch requests for lihl really, maybe one or 2 per month. The idea is only to share the burden of a job which will never be made easy in lihl between 5 players which should make the job less demanding and also any moderator post backed by 5 mods who are also lihl players should have much more strength and legitimacy. We know how most players are by now so it shouldn't be a problem to see whos mod material and who isn't, asuming people would actually consider applying. Either way i think the idea is worth pursuing

Jamo
Treant

Postby Jamo » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:38 pm

Imo also Mods should be more strict and enforce things. Obviously it doesn't work including the whole community in everything. And if people behave badly, Mods should also be able to give bans out of their own decision without the need of a ban report. Misbehaviour is much harder to report and judge than tk builds. So I think we should trust Mods and allow them making decisions and educate some people's behaviour. If they abuse their power and the peoples trust, there are ways to fix that. But I would give Mods more freedom in what they do.

Another suggestion:
Is it possible to inflict temporary forum bans? Because I think so far people will only get banned ingame. But that can be an improper punishment. Ingame failures should be penaltized with ingame bans ofc. But I think for misbehavior and toxity in forum, temporary forum bans can be a good way to not put a too harsh punishment, but temporary get rid of toxic posts and comments etc. i dunno if u understand what I wanna say. Short story: Do temporary forum bans ;)
These users thanked the author Jamo for the post:
KiwiLeKiller (Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:48 pm)

Return to “LIHL Archive”