The best job in the world

Moderator: LIHL Staff

n1ll3
Treant

The best job in the world

Postby n1ll3 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:25 pm

I wanne explain some points why its not easy to be a lihl-mod and i hope to create some understanding for the mods and also for the community.

First of all i wanne start with this community. The reason for this drama is is a concatenation of different points.

1. This is a fucking lucky game can cause lots of frustration very fast.
2. This is a competitive league
2. The temperament and individallity of the players or as @Tombamp3 said "the combination of impatient, insecure & foolish individuals coming together wreaking havoc all over"
3. The ego perspective: Everyone is doing his best and noone tk^s on purpose but its fucking hard to see your own Mistakes. Every time you lose a game you search for the reason why you lost, and you barely think about your own mistakes.

So these are just some reasons for the drama here and the Mods try to handle the problems between all individuals. Btw i think a league without drama would be boring as fuck. But it must not exceed a certain amount!
And here our nice mods step in and judge a case for example; one person gets right and the other one does not.==> The feeling of injustice is the most overrated feeling and thats one key-problem. The result out of this is 20% props and 80% of endless discussion and personal insults for the Mods.

==> being a mod costs time and leads to a lot of frustration. JUST DONT TAKE IT PERSONAL! I know thats sound to ez and i also fucked this up. But when you take it personal you will for sure retire after 2 month as a mod. I really liked what dia said to Anda here:
Spoiler!
I still sometimes think you are a too good guy for LIHL mod position :D
Imo you should stop discussing everything back and forth 100 times with people. Make your reasoning clear and that's it, no need to justify everything over and over again just cause people are unhappy with your judgement. Doing so will just eat too much of your time and motivation imo. There will always be people who are unhappy, no matter what you decide. If you ban fiji some will cry, if you ban vendeta some will cry, if you ban no one some will cry etc.

So to summarize this first part of my essay.
What makes this league so unique, interesting and nice also makes it complicated. And if only a few mods have to shoulder all this, this leads to a high mod wear. So the players should just try to handle some problems on their own and dont report every single shit to make it easier for the mods. Furthermore i hope the mods and especially Mick and Anda do not attribute too much importance to the behavior of different people. Im sure every single lihl player is a nice person and just the mentioned points leads to all this.

Everyone should know now, what ungrateful job this is i come to the second point of my essay. It would be nice to have some more mods!!!

The attributes of a nice mod (what our currents mods have) should be:
1.Skill
2.Aktivity
3.Drama resistance

Lastly i wanne create some social preasure and nominate some players who are suitable for the mod position :twisted:

Tom_Hardy; Wolke ; Ranzkopp; Ba; Donki; Varg; Diablo; Teachrolls; Occupy; Crey ( these are just the people i have in mind and some others would for sure also fit in here)
These users thanked the author n1ll3 for the post (total 3):
iamyoursenpai (Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:15 pm) • Jamo (Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:04 pm) • Diablo_ (Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:31 pm)

BoretkPanda
Treant Protector

Re: The best job in the world

Postby BoretkPanda » Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:33 pm

Nice Words mein Namensbrudi

I want Tom as Mod for Years. Think he perfect for that.
1. Tom
2. Wolke
3. Schranz

Meshtar
Treant

Postby Meshtar » Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:02 pm

Out of those that n1ll3 mentioned I strongly support

Tom, Teach, Ba, Diablo, maybe Ranz
Others have a certain emotional drama potential or aren't active on forums enough or in games. No offense to these fine guys ofc :)

Don_Killuminati

Postby Don_Killuminati » Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:40 pm

Maybe some of you dont know but i was mod while ago. viewtopic.php?f=34&t=70834
I did retired from mod spot after a disagreement between diablo and myself : viewtopic.php?f=85&t=80002&p=320749&hilit=eldryanthewise#p320749
Eldryan kicked me from obs spot while i got immunity so i decided to ban him after whispered him that he would be banned if he gave no reasons or apologizes, but he kept quiet so i decided to ban him for this abuse.
So after that, eldryan made a moderator complain on lihl section to say that the ban was unfair and he defended his point on an insalubrious way, get revouched by diablo, which it was for me an huge mistake, so i decided to reban him cuz he has to make an appeal and not a complain cuz the ban was justified. ( 1006 and i were kidding as usual, even after me retired, 1006 was sad cuz he gave me his support and he did not want that to end like this)
Eldryan end up by getting perma unvouched for his lame behavior and overconfidence.
After all, Diablo made a mistake but he is human and im sure he has no bad intention on it.
That being said, i dont get the ambition for a 'forum works' so i rather keep myself as a casual LIHL player, but even if i'm not mod, i try to bring peace and fairplay in games.

FadingSuns
Treant Protector

Postby FadingSuns » Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:52 pm

n1ll3 wrote:the players should just try to handle some problems on their own and dont report every single shit

iamyoursenpai
Treant

Postby iamyoursenpai » Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:15 pm

n1ll3 wrote:1. This is a fucking lucky game can cause lots of frustration very fast.
2. This is a competitive league
2. The temperament and individallity of the players or as @Tombamp3 said "the combination of impatient, insecure & foolish individuals coming together wreaking havoc all over"
3. The ego perspective: Everyone is doing his best and noone tk^s on purpose but its fucking hard to see your own Mistakes. Every time you lose a game you search for the reason why you lost, and you barely think about your own mistakes.

Learn to fucking count!

"Furthermore i hope the mods and especially Mick and Anda do not attribute too much importance to the behavior of different people."
WHY NOT ME

n1ll3
Treant

Postby n1ll3 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:24 pm

Because you need no mental support. All you need is to learn how legion td works. I just thought its not nice to denounce your lack of knowledge here ;) :idea:

iamyoursenpai
Treant

Postby iamyoursenpai » Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:27 pm

RIP ME
see.jpg
see.jpg (95.82 KiB) Viewed 1875 times

nukid
Forest Walker

Postby nukid » Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:42 pm

i like the one senpai to rule them all situation just fine

Anda
LIHL Staff

Postby Anda » Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:44 pm

I am here aswell still @ElIdolo

Tom_hardy
Forest Walker

Postby Tom_hardy » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:06 pm

These users thanked the author Tom_hardy for the post (total 2):
BoretkPanda (Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:42 pm) • n1ll3 (Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:24 pm)

n1ll3
Treant

Postby n1ll3 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:38 pm

https://entgaming.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=125216

you better be happy!

Ohhh yeahh
These users thanked the author n1ll3 for the post:
Tom_hardy (Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:28 am)

Return to “LIHL Archive”