Procedure for record elo suggestion

Moderator: LIHL Staff

FadingSuns
Treant Protector

Procedure for record elo suggestion

Postby FadingSuns » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:25 pm

Well since i can already feel the mess comming, and there is not a mod online to discuss it. Ima suggest a procedure here to have it at least handled properly while the elo count is fixed:

1) A new topic should be created in this forum to post every game played with lihl bots (1 single topic for all games)

2) The captain of the winner team should add a post to this topic with the following info:

Game played: link to the game that was played in this bot (example: https://entgaming.net/findstats.php?id=10643943)
Winner side: East or West

3) Mods will process this game and will update the winner captain post with the word "updated". So we keep track of those games already done.

Its important that ONLY the captain of the winner team post in that topic.
It is important that mods update the post with "updated" once the game has been processed to avoid double processing.
Its important to tho this on forum cuz if we do this through discord is much harder to track it, forum is much easier to check.

What u guys think?
These users thanked the author FadingSuns for the post:
7years (Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:26 pm)

BoretkPanda
Treant Protector

Re: Procedure for record elo suggestion

Postby BoretkPanda » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:27 pm

sounds good. i just want to plaaaaaaaaaay.

Diablo_
Protector of Nature

Postby Diablo_ » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:36 pm

1) Yes use the forum, one general thread for all posts
2) To keep it clean delete 100% of the posts that dont report a finished game
3) To keep it super clean mods could cite posts they have processed + post the bot reponse msg and delete the initial report afterwards. That way there will only be mod posts up to the posts they haven't processed yet, i.e. no checking which games have already been processed is required.
4) That captain stuff won't work, just let everyone post. I'm sure people can communicate who will post or will wait 1-2 min to see if anyone else posts it.
5) Ideally posters would add a screenshot of the ending screen where the winning team is shown.
6) Use a simple template.

Code: Select all

Replay link:
Winner:
Screenshot:
These users thanked the author Diablo_ for the post:
7years (Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:53 pm)
-----
LIHL player parser, a tool to automatically parse LIHL players' Elo and create reports for it: CLICK

Jamo
Treant

Postby Jamo » Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:19 pm

Just wanted to note that I think screenshots in those records should contain table of who won. Not just a random screenshot looking on king before dying. Can be close af as we all know.

Diablo_
Protector of Nature

Postby Diablo_ » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:31 pm

PS: if you forgot to take a screenshot you can also upload lastreplay.w3g from C:\Users\xxx\Documents\Warcraft III\Replay
-----
LIHL player parser, a tool to automatically parse LIHL players' Elo and create reports for it: CLICK

FateStayNight
Forest Walker

Postby FateStayNight » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:43 am

i dont like that those games count, since there are many bugs that have huge influence on the end result, like missing scoreboard.

Jamo
Treant

Postby Jamo » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:07 am

As far as I am concerned, we draw when there is no Scoreboard.

Wolke
Forest Walker

Postby Wolke » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:05 am

I see some Win Reports before the suggestion from the 13.04 and would like to know if there is any date from what on games can be picked. On my opinion it will lead to confusion since it wasn´t clear for anybody at that point that this games are counted.

HazarDous
Staff Department

Postby HazarDous » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:21 pm

Wolke wrote:I see some Win Reports before the suggestion from the 13.04 and would like to know if there is any date from what on games can be picked. On my opinion it will lead to confusion since it wasn´t clear for anybody at that point that this games are counted.

When you play LIHL, you know it is for ELO.

Those games were hosted by me, and they were following a patch by broud3r for which ELO should have been fixed. I announced both in lobby, ingame and on discord lihl-news, that ELO would count in the games I hosted. I did that because no elo = no one plays. The fact that you, and others, played those games literally means that you understood that ELO was being recorded. Otherwise, LIHL would have been dead.

Return to “LIHL Archive”