75%
TL;DR
13%

Total votes: 8

smokedope123
Forest Walker

Suggestion

Postby smokedope123 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:53 pm

If you misbehave in Dota 2 you will be flagged and are only able to play low priority matchmaking. I believe this penalty system is more balanced in terms of fairness.

If A gets unvouched for 24 hours, but is unable to play LIHL that day anyway, it's not really a punishment for A. B gets unvouched for 48 hours on a weekend, where he would've played 20 games and is punished much harder like this.

Instead of unvouching people for x time, we could give them x games on ent18 as a punishment.

In example, A breaks a rule and would normally be unvouched for 24 hours, but instead he will be unvouched and has to play/win 5 ent18 games, with good behavior and not disconnecting from the game. Once A accomplished that, he may be revouched instantly.

In my opinion this system is better, as everyone would be punished equally and I think no one of us enjoys playing ent18. This could then potentially lead to better overall behavior here.

Worth a try?

Jabba41
Protector of Nature

Re: Suggestion

Postby Jabba41 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:15 pm

So you want to send people to play on a bot they most likely dont like, which will most likely end in a worse gaming experience for the team he plays with on ENT18 ?
These users thanked the author Jabba41 for the post:
KiwiLeKiller (Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:19 pm)
Send me your best Sloth pictures for instant unban*

*individual results may vary

Wolke
Forest Walker

Postby Wolke » Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:29 pm

Yes, but ruine 10 games for your team including pp, flame, forget to build, racism (afd), fail kc.

smokedope123
Forest Walker

Postby smokedope123 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:32 pm

As I said, they need to behave well these games and may not disconnect. Instead of playing x games, winning x games is another option of this suggestion.

Jabba41
Protector of Nature

Postby Jabba41 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:19 pm

Ent18 isnt a testing lab for LIHL moderation tasks.
Send me your best Sloth pictures for instant unban*

*individual results may vary

Krocis
Treant

Postby Krocis » Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:25 pm

You can not force ppl to play on pub just coz they broke rules in lihl, dat doesnt have any point.

BoretkPanda
Treant Protector

Postby BoretkPanda » Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:26 pm

smokedope123 wrote:As I said, they need to behave well these games and may not disconnect. Instead of playing x games, winning x games is another option of this suggestion.

and who controlls this?

smokedope123
Forest Walker

Postby smokedope123 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:00 pm

Krocis wrote:You can not force ppl to play on pub just coz they broke rules in lihl, dat doesnt have any point.

Technically you can and the point is a form of punishment for breaking rules. I mean if you don't want to play there, just do not break rules and your perfectly fine, right?

That's essentially what Valve does, no one wants to be placed in low priority matchmaking, their problem is just a report system that doesn't work flawlessly.

BoretkPanda wrote:and who controlls this?

On the stats page a moderator could quickly check, whether the required amount of games have been played / won.
Of course it would be too time consuming to check for good behavior and proper play in those games.
Making win a requirement would enforce proper play to some extend at least.
Bad behavior can get you reported.

Dong
Donator

Postby Dong » Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:17 pm

this would be too much extra work for our mods, as i can only see it would be them that would "supervice" that the players play the certain amount of games or w/e. As to now, where you ban for certain time, and that's that. However much i like or dislike the idea. I don't want to give more work to our mods, as they do enough as it is. And we would like to keep them for as long as possible.

Donged-
Thou shall self tk.

nicolai123
Treant

Postby nicolai123 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:03 pm

smokedope123 wrote:If A gets unvouched for 24 hours, but is unable to play LIHL that day anyway, it's not really a punishment for A. B gets unvouched for 48 hours on a weekend, where he would've played 20 games and is punished much harder like this.

So you literally want to force people to play a game that they don't want to play? I would rather blow my brains out than play ent.18... Why don't you make me play 10 hours of Run Gay Run instead LOL.

This idea is so bad on multiple levels, and the reasoning for it doesn't even make sense.

For some people, playing ent.18 isn't even a punishment. No matter what system you put in place to punish people, some people will be hurt more or less by it. Unvouching people just happens to be the easiest. And its just not worth the effort, as people have already pointed out.

Is this secret plan by pwner to have an excuse to play on ent.18 with people on his own skill level without ppl mocking him?

And i STILL cant vote wtf mang.... add nicolai123 pls

Anda
LIHL Staff

Postby Anda » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:19 pm

Polls are made by the moderation team, members can suggest them.

When Tom comes back we will get the Forumlist and unvouches on track. I dont want to do everything myself. ;)

Return to “LIHL Archive”