LETS FIX 2s

Moderator: LIHL Staff

sonycrockett
Forest Walker

LETS FIX 2s

Postby sonycrockett » Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:27 pm

Hi everybody, i just join in a 2s game. And game never started cuz i didnt agree pub it. How can i do if i want to play 2s but game never start cuz they want pub and im against??

So, how can we fix this shit?

Its no fair playing 80% games v people which have -500 elo average, playing for 15 v 15 elo instead 25/5 or so. This way is killing elo system, id say its ok if u have 2s and 4s separated elo, but its rly unfair and fucking annoying for the rest of the lihl members which r trying to get some decent elo playing real balanced games.

Let me know if im right, and we have to do something v this issue

Meshtar
Treant

Re: LETS FIX 2s

Postby Meshtar » Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:43 pm

Rules say games need to be votebalanced sure, but in reality it simply doesn't work that way. Current elo system doesn't work in 4s and its even worse in 2s. 3x !sp is the most fair thing you can do, let rng handle 1 more thing in LTD since its responsible for so many things already. That should be a rule for all 2s games, so things like Fiji- hazar premade vs 2 noobs who think they can beat em doesn't happen, or even forcing high elo players into votebalance so they play 8/22 elo games and need 70% winrate to go up marginally. This needs common sense, so unless we separate elo or make 2s no elo game I would say let rng handle this. There is no other way to control possible abuse in 2s since people are insanely unobjective about their ltd skills which makes most 2s premades a total disaster.

sonycrockett
Forest Walker

Postby sonycrockett » Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:49 pm

tbh i dont understand why u mean elo system sux in 4s, can u explain what u mean? @meshtar

point
Forest Walker

Postby point » Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:55 pm

the rule says: All games must !votebalanced, unless it is a !challenge game, or all players agree to a different set-up
so that means if 1 players disagree with pub game you should playing with votebalance. this is how i get it
correct me if im wrong

Meshtar
Treant

Postby Meshtar » Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:08 pm

sonycrockett wrote:tbh i dont understand why u mean elo system sux in 4s, can u explain what u mean? @meshtar

There were some topics 1-2 seasons ago where some of us explained why current elo system doesn't really work. After season ends and elo is reset, it takes a long time and a lot of games until players get to the elo they belong and only then games are actually balanced to some degree. Depending on the number of games played and general lihl activity, sometimes that happens during 2nd month of season, sometimes in the last month of season and sometimes not at all (like this season). There were plenty of ideas proposed for reworking elo system coming from Tom, Diablo and myself, but lihl players (big surprise there eh?) didn't want a change. In 2s its even worse cause its fewer players and 1 good lane/ player can carry the team easily. Also rolls are more important there I would say. But all that aside, a 2s game can rarely get to 15/15 or anywhere close to it due to big elo differences in lihl, so playing 10/20 elo or worse games would be unfair towards any player no matter how skilled he is. Thus I proposed what i did in the previous post.

TinSoldier
Treant Protector

Postby TinSoldier » Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:44 pm

I think a better compromise to prevent stacking abuse and keep 15/15 is add a rule so that the difference in average elo between teams cannot exceed xxx amount. So for example if avg elo on West is 1300 they cannot play a 15/15 game vs a team below 1000 if we pick 300 as the max difference. If the difference in avg elo is greater than the set amount then the game should be played as normal balance

FadingSuns
Treant Protector

Postby FadingSuns » Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:52 pm

This is starting to make no sense at all, thats all i gona say.

Anda
LIHL Staff

Postby Anda » Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:04 pm

Hope the new rule will fix problems, hence archived.
If you want to report any abuse or unfair behaviour, make an official case pls which is easier to understand ;)
@Sonycrockett

Return to “LIHL Archive”