Proposal: "LIHL Mediators"

Moderator: LIHL Staff

Cryptonox
Forest Walker

Re: Proposal: "LIHL Mediators"

Postby Cryptonox » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:35 am

It is good idea if there is zero tolerance for abuse.
Some boys talk about not being afraid a man with a gun - Until it pops off, you don't even see where they turn - Using excuses about running to get his gun - But when we see him, he is hiding underneath his bed

Meshtar
Treant

Postby Meshtar » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:53 am

Well, the reason I'm against it is because there is possibility for abuse Psy and I really don't see that we gain enough to be worth the risk. I could present an abusive scenario easily but would need to name names etc. and I really don't want to start anything. There is also the fact that people will argue and disagree what is abuse and what is not, which would then put the burden again on mods to rule etc.
If people really see this as a huge help, then give the rights to players with most games played as @point already suggested, that is the only fair way to assign that right, because I am really fed up with candidates for anything coming from the same group of people who are backing each other up.

Crey
Forest Walker

Postby Crey » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:48 am

Well idk. When people obs, they are not smart enough to leave the game before it ends? You always see when game is gonna end, just leave it earlier to be sure you can sign for the next game. Sounds like abuse for me to every time lihlsign players, who obs. We do it several times when someone asks for it, but thats all. No need to do it regularly. What about aborting games, i also think no need to give someone else rights to abort them, imo it will lead to new drama at some point. We gonna have 5 mods soon, so i hope someone of us will be online at any time to help if need.

Vendeta
Treant Protector

Postby Vendeta » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:05 am

@jabba41 It is not a problem if they are "popular" or not. I am "popular" as well, every lihl player heard about me 100% after everythin what happened. But thats not the point.
Like mesh said, everything goes around couple of people who back each other up in every scenario. and when it comes to breaking rules, abusing, or whatever, none of them stays objective. Those people are not "the most popular", everyone is popular here. They are just the loudest people. They just shout everytime when they want something, usualy 100% not objective.

So, yea, i agree with crey here, soon we will have 5 mods, which is more than enough. And also, is it so hard to leave game 20 sec before ending to go sign ? Like he said, its also kinda abusive when they get lihlsign just cuz they stay to last second, and someone end up geting sniped.

Also u cant go by the logic "who is most active". Thats just too relative.
These users thanked the author Vendeta for the post:
Crey (Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:53 pm)
D.S. 1989

MudMan
Treant

Postby MudMan » Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:11 pm

Its a good idea

Mentioning 5 mods is pretty irrelevant as this is just discord access

This will reduce the amount of reports on people who start games and go afk as well.

!support

Jamo
Treant

Postby Jamo » Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:01 pm

I'm kinda on Mesh's side here to be honest.
All I can see is people crying and joking about who gets and who doesn't get advanced Discord rights etc. And really, for !lihlsign option I would never do this, what could potentially create more disturbance. Obs should be able to handle themselves, really. It is nice that Mods can lihlsign you, but that should not be the most used way of signing all of the sudden. And what if there are several obs asking for lihlsign, that would fill the game and the "mediator" would have to decide on which one to sign. Seems like a no go for me. This already happened in the past and I didn't like it. So why putting this weight on people that are not even moderators (yes, rare occasion).
For !lihlabort I see situations where this can be more useful. Aborting a game is handy more often than I would say !lihlsign people is. But if this is worth potentially creating more disturbance in the league, I would say no.
And btw, just granting those rights to the people with most games I don't recommend at all.
These users thanked the author Jamo for the post:
Crey (Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:51 pm)

FadingSuns
Treant Protector

Postby FadingSuns » Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:07 pm

1) I dont really see the real need of this,
2) I see this can be a problematic thing in future due to possible abuses
3) If this is only to be able to sign ppl that is obs its kinda ridiculus, they can always leave the game and sign before the game ends.
4) I see this usefull when owner doesnt show up and we need make swaps, but tbh, that doesnt happen too often.

My only question regarding point 4 (that is the only real use or motivation i see for this) is: Is it possible that we give everyone who signed the owner rights? in case its possible, i dont see any cons....

Meshtar
Treant

Postby Meshtar » Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:49 pm

FadingSuns wrote:4) I see this usefull when owner doesnt show up and we need make swaps, but tbh, that doesnt happen too often.

My only question regarding point 4 (that is the only real use or motivation i see for this) is: Is it possible that we give everyone who signed the owner rights? in case its possible, i dont see any cons....

This isn't about anyone getting game bot rights, it is just about discord rights, so its still only Hazar and owner who can swap even if this gets implemented

archol
Treant

Postby archol » Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:48 pm

I dont understand some answers here - some write that its not necessary due summertime, others write people might abuse it.

Currently its an advantage if some people get the right (i dont care who, as long that player is more active than most mods - which shouldnt be that hard) and if people abuse it, just ban them for 1 month - i wanna see people trying to abuse it.

Dong
Donator

Postby Dong » Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:45 pm

Yes, i want this power. Please, promise no abuse, just dong
Thou shall self tk.

Anda
LIHL Staff

Postby Anda » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:55 am

We hope the need for this role becomes obsolete by making last signed owner.
If there is need to revert to this ideam we will rego n this topic,

Archived.

Return to “LIHL Archive”