Proposal: "LIHL Mediators"

Moderator: LIHL Staff

Psyclone
Treant

Proposal: "LIHL Mediators"

Postby Psyclone » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:09 pm

Hey

There has been a discussion earlier this evening about the fact that it happens quite often that no moderator is around to lihlsign people, abort lobbies etc. So we came to the idea that it would make sense to grant moderator powers on discord bot to certain trusted and active LIHL players to overcome this shortcoming.

I've already talked to Hazar about it and he seems open to the idea:

Spoiler!
10:59 PM] Psyclone: hazar
[11:00 PM] Psyclone: we thought about giving some active and respected lihl people rights on discord for lihlsign, abort etc
[11:00 PM] HazarDous: Sure
[11:00 PM] HazarDous: Idm
[11:00 PM] Psyclone: since mods are not around quite often
[11:00 PM] Psyclone: i propose Teach
[11:01 PM] HazarDous: You need get approval from lihl mods for individuals
[11:01 PM] HazarDous: And I will add

If the idea meets with approval of the community and moderation team, I suggest that it's best if the moderators carefully decide which players they trust and equip with these special rights.

Cheers
~Psy
These users thanked the author Psyclone for the post:
n1ll3 (Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:16 pm)

n1ll3
Treant

Re: Proposal: "LIHL Mediators"

Postby n1ll3 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:19 pm

I like this idea and wanne be one of the great abuser with special rights ;)
These users thanked the author n1ll3 for the post:
Psyclone (Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:21 pm)

point
Forest Walker

Postby point » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:59 pm

i would let the most active player to get this rights

Anda
LIHL Staff

Postby Anda » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:00 pm

Worth a try imo

Wolke
Forest Walker

Postby Wolke » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:03 pm

sign me up for it

Diablo_
Protector of Nature

Postby Diablo_ » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:18 pm

Support. Wolke, psy, nille, teach, ilocos etc, enough good guys for it.

Rules should be strict tho. Only sign ppl who are obs or not in a game, wait a few min before abort and resign ppl who are just afk shortly.

@ haz, we can create a seperate discord role for it so they don't need the mod role.
-----
LIHL player parser, a tool to automatically parse LIHL players' Elo and create reports for it: CLICK

Meshtar
Treant

Postby Meshtar » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:34 pm

I don't support. There is potential for abuse, thus a potential for drama. Also there is the issue of picking people for this task that gives all the perks of mod job and no cons, thus it will be a popularity contest again for the job. Finally I don't think this is that much needed. Sure mods have low activity lately but its summertime and most people are on holidays etc. You can expect mods to be around normally as soon as summer ends so creating this position for the summer season makes no sense. What I do support is 1-2 people, mods preferably, people that have proven to be of a cool head, to get bot rights so game doesn't get tked if owner is afk and Hazar isn't there to step in.

TeachRolls
Armored Tree

Postby TeachRolls » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:19 pm

Meshtar wrote:I don't support. There is potential for abuse, thus a potential for drama. Also there is the issue of picking people for this task that gives all the perks of mod job and no cons, thus it will be a popularity contest again for the job. Finally I don't think this is that much needed. Sure mods have low activity lately but its summertime and most people are on holidays etc. You can expect mods to be around normally as soon as summer ends so creating this position for the summer season makes no sense. What I do support is 1-2 people, mods preferably, people that have proven to be of a cool head, to get bot rights so game doesn't get tked if owner is afk and Hazar isn't there to step in.

This is about Discord -bot command access (!lihlsign etc.) and not in-game bot access which Haz has reasonably declared off-limits
TeachRolls

Meshtar
Treant

Postby Meshtar » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:24 pm

Err yes I know. I don't support the idea for the reasons I stated above. I do support the idea of 1-2 people (Anda and Tom would be my suggestion) getting access to game bot also for the reasons I stated above.

TeachRolls
Armored Tree

Postby TeachRolls » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:52 pm

Meshtar wrote:Err yes I know. I don't support the idea for the reasons I stated above. I do support the idea of 1-2 people (Anda and Tom would be my suggestion) getting access to game bot also for the reasons I stated above.

"HazarDous - 11.06.2018
We don't even give rights to lihl mods due to technical issues
Either one is admin on all bots, or rootadmin on one, which is a no for both"

There's no potential for drama if the Discord -bot access is granted to an appropriate candidate (someone with whom it would not ever jeopardize objectivity). Anda is very active atm but one guy can't be there round the clock to lihlsign. Like point mentioned above another valuable aspect is activity as it'd be pretty confusing to give this to someone who's online irregularly.

I wasn't behind driving this suggestion - yet I'm involved but as per the cons I really think there are next to none and potential conflicts can easily be dealt with :roll:
TeachRolls

Meshtar
Treant

Postby Meshtar » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:03 am

Tombamp3 wrote:
Meshtar wrote:Err yes I know. I don't support the idea for the reasons I stated above. I do support the idea of 1-2 people (Anda and Tom would be my suggestion) getting access to game bot also for the reasons I stated above.

"HazarDous - 11.06.2018
We don't even give rights to lihl mods due to technical issues
Either one is admin on all bots, or rootadmin on one, which is a no for both"

There's no potential for drama if the Discord -bot access is granted to an appropriate candidate (someone with whom it would not ever jeopardize objectivity). Anda is very active atm but one guy can't be there round the clock to lihlsign. Like point mentioned above another valuable aspect is activity as it'd be pretty confusing to give this to someone who's online irregularly.

I wasn't behind driving this suggestion - yet I'm involved but as per the cons I really think there are next to none and potential conflicts can easily be dealt with :roll:

Well, I don't know if we are playing the same league, the one I'm playing turns everything into drama and conflict ;)
I don't understand why we need lihlsign and lihlabort on non-moderators really. Sign should be enough, obs can leave game 30 secs earlier and still get to sign in time, and everyone doing !unsign can do the same thing as lihlabort. It just seems like a weak reason to give anyone discord rights. As to the "appropriate" candidate I think we will see that there is no unanimous support for almost anyone in the league. For example you are the only one I'd semi-support out of all the people mentioned here. And yeah, its only due to objective reasons, I honestly don't care how popular or unpopular some people are.

Vendeta
Treant Protector

Postby Vendeta » Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:12 am

Well mesh, honestly, whatever is done in lihl, or if there is something people are trying to do, people make it about popularity. Simple. Small amount of people can be objective, and not turn whatever into popularity contest.

So, i guess, either give that command to all players, or noone. 3rd choice is, as usual, popularity contest.
D.S. 1989

Jabba41
Protector of Nature

Postby Jabba41 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:26 am

Would it matter if they're popular or not @vendeta ?

The suggestion was made in order to cover absence if current mods.
Send me your best Sloth pictures for instant unban*

*individual results may vary

Meshtar
Treant

Postby Meshtar » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:24 am

Jabba41 wrote:Would it matter if they're popular or not @vendeta ?

The suggestion was made in order to cover absence if current mods.

Assuming Fate gets accepted we will soon have 5 lihl mods. Their absence is temporary because its summer so in a month this topic will probably become obsolete. But if we really want this, then fine, give this right to 1-2 most active people based on the number of games played
(Dodo, Achilles atm). Any other argument would be popularity imo ;)

P.S.
Apply blue boy

Psyclone
Treant

Postby Psyclone » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:29 am

I don't understand why you are opposing this suggestion so much. It's a benefit for all and there comes really no self-directed advantage with the rights.

Return to “LIHL Archive”