Things need to change

Moderator: LIHL Staff

Crey
Forest Walker

Re: Things need to change

Postby Crey » Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:05 pm

Please stop thinking that we dont look and process reports, for example 1007 reporting MindMachine. We looked all replays, but it was not enough to make a decision, also MindMachine is not active atm (same with JoeSakic), so there is nothing to observe. If something was reported before we dont forget it, the fact that actual report is not processed means that we dont have a final decision due to insufficiency of facts, thats all.

Diablo_
Protector of Nature

Postby Diablo_ » Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:51 pm

I never was a fan of the current post-x-replays procedure. Mods should simply unvouch players based on player stats of the past few seasons, user feedback, complaints and own opinion/analysis. Like one clean-up phase every 1-2 seasons. Players shouldn't be so silly to complain about bias every time and mods should have the balls to just do it :)

Mesh idea is bad because it will be just a popularity contest. As someone said, (almost) no one would post tk replays of nice players.
These users thanked the author Diablo_ for the post:
Crey (Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:19 pm)
-----
LIHL player parser, a tool to automatically parse LIHL players' Elo and create reports for it: CLICK

Meshtar
Treant

Postby Meshtar » Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:01 pm

Well tbh, I don't think popularity would be a huge issue here. I can see only tariq getting away with tk due to the fact that people like him :P
Also, that argument goes both ways. Mods themselves could avoid unvouching well liked players so they don't get some bad image.
Last edited by Meshtar on Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BoretkPanda
Treant Protector

Postby BoretkPanda » Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:07 pm

Diablo_ wrote:I never was a fan of the current post-x-replays procedure. Mods should simply unvouch players based on player stats of the past few seasons, user feedback, complaints and own opinion/analysis. Like one clean-up phase every 1-2 seasons. Players shouldn't be so silly to complain about bias every time and mods should have the balls to just do it :)

Mesh idea is bad because it will be just a popularity contest. As someone said, (almost) no one would post tk replays of nice players.

i like. i mean u still can go for vouch request after still

archol
Treant

Postby archol » Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:43 pm

Crey wrote:
My suggestion is to let us mods make the list of players who we think are under required skill lvl and we want them to make a break and reapply later with new replays that show their skill again, post it and let the community talk about it together. Frankly speaking there are also some people in lihl atm that i dont like personally, because their skill lvl doesnt fit even 1200 players (idk how they were vouched). So i want to finally change the atmosphere in lihl and make it great again as it was before. It is the time already when we cant be polite with everyone and if we need to unvouch some people that dont belong to lihl skillwise i would do it without doubts.

So where do we set the limit? What are the criterias? What about seasoned players? It wont be fair for everyone. There werent as many unvouches regarding bad playing as far i remember, so i suggest another method.

I would say we just make a strawpoll (hidden per voting, or private message to the mods), about players who dont deserve to stay in LIHL with reasons (1st part), then players, who are bad too, but should stay due reasons - either friend, behaviour, seasoned etc. (2nd part)

Afterwards the mods can show the results (or not) and we start an open minded discussion (not unvouch) why person x should stay, and person x dont and then they suggest what they can do to improve (start to listening, training etc.), and if that wont improve either then there should be consequences

It will hurt others for sure, but we must be honest to everyone and dont see it as insult

TinSoldier
Treant Protector

Postby TinSoldier » Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:35 pm

BRING BACK THE FUCKING N1LLE LIST

Scud
Armored Tree

Postby Scud » Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:30 am

I can't remember right numbers from that game ... but I was 3/0 or something at 5...
I planed just panda yolo since we had 2 holder already ..
sunddenly they wanted me holder for 5 .....
but what the fuck .......3/0 panda needed ????? who wanna do like this.
Hold 5 and die .. without income and dead value.
I just didn't want to do ...and decide to build hawk.
I didnot build hawk front cuz It can be better for 5 but sucks during whole game .
anyway I leaked lev 5
but still don;t think it was horrible mistake . I can play like that way.
Last edited by Scud on Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Scud
Armored Tree

Postby Scud » Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:34 am

Also all player play bad game , don't be mean to other player for one game but prove yourself first .
if u wanna other players obey or listen to ur order.
Play like cunt and complain like Pro???????????
just fuck off.
Last edited by Scud on Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

Scud
Armored Tree

Postby Scud » Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:44 am

Also I have a question from that game .

Is that true front hawk better for 5? I still think back better ^^.

I should've built more back like 1 ~2 block behind panda.

Scud
Armored Tree

Postby Scud » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:06 am

I tested that in debug mode ........front hawk 2 panda .......just leak 4~5unit vs furb hermit .... 8/10 time .
2 panda behind 1block hawk 3/10 hold vs furb hermit but usally leak 5~7unit.
but with witch doctor both hold == 9/10 time .

ok That seems a bit better front hawk for 5
Last edited by Scud on Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

Scud
Armored Tree

Postby Scud » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:07 am

^^

BoretkPanda
Treant Protector

Postby BoretkPanda » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:58 am

Meshtar wrote:Well tbh, I don't think popularity would be a huge issue here. I can see only tariq getting away with tk due to the fact that people like him :P
Also, that argument goes both ways. Mods themselves could avoid unvouching well liked players so they don't get some bad image.

No shit about the Tariq fact. I don't wanna flame cause my 2 week holiday made me cool guy but this game was prolly the weakest game I've ever seen and other people would have gotten flamed to death:

http://storage.entgaming.net/replay/vie ... 271506.w3g

Lucky me Game got drawn but how can u end up lihl with such performance if u not a lovely guy

nukid
Forest Walker

Postby nukid » Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:59 am

Just watch Gates stream and become alphagamers twitch.TV/fatestaycalm :D :D

Meshtar
Treant

Postby Meshtar » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:03 am

Scud wrote:I tested that in debug mode ........front hawk 2 panda .......just leak 4~5unit vs furb hermit .... 8/10 time .
2 panda behind 1block hawk 3/10 hold vs furb hermit but usally leak 5~7unit.
but with witch doctor both hold == 9/10 time .

ok That seems a bit better front hawk for 5

This wasn't about holding your own lane, this was about going mid big and getting all the feed from other lanes and getting fat. Also not showing that we have thornmail. After failing 5 send and having thornamil themselves they wouldn't be able to send 7, but we would, and we would have won the game already. Now, since you like doing debug mode, try what I asked you to build in the game, 4 pandas and witch doctor and see how huge you go mid. Its amazing if you don't see even now that this was the only right choice.

FadingSuns
Treant Protector

Postby FadingSuns » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:29 am

Selftk topic going in circles. Go burn all.

Return to “LIHL Archive”