The Purge

Moderator: LIHL Staff

Tom_hardy
Forest Walker

The Purge

Postby Tom_hardy » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:29 am

The unvouch procedure as it was, simply led to open witchhunts, without a proper conclusion
due to several reasons, which I don’t plan to elaborate on right now, even though it was fine in theory.

Instead, we were working on a different approach, and we believe this to be the most effective in terms of getting things done as well as objectivity. Internally, we each listed the people we see currently not holding up the necessary gameplay needed to get vouched in the first place, in terms of Building placement, pushtiming, gameread as well as average elo of last seasons. If somebody appeared on the majority of lists, they will get a 4 week evaluation period, during which we will closer examine their plays, be it good or bad. We also encourage the community, to send us feedback in private. It should contain a replay link, gametime, and a small description for very bad plays. For good replays, the replay link is enough. Its not a lot of work, so please take part in it and try to be fair. After this evaluation period, we will make a decision on all the gathered information. It can be to stay vouched, or a direct unvouch. In very unclear cases you might get sent back to trial, but we try to avoid that. The whole procedure will be done at least twice a year, but whenever felt necessary.

Evaluation period effective immediately, for the following players who got a majority vote:

@Thor_god, @Plastikoteastro, @mr.Frodo, @godlik3, @Joesakic, @Krocis, @Mindmachine, @elektro-, @hate2lose

For the record. Nothing is done yet, if you play fine, it will become clear during this time. Nevertheless, we strongly recommend you to work on your game, watch replays, whatever is necessary. Consider this a wakeup call.

Note: There are other players who barely didn’t make it into the list this time. If you feel like it could be you, it probably was, so make sure to work on your game.

BoretkPanda
Treant Protector

Re: The Purge

Postby BoretkPanda » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:44 am

Sounds good but 50% of them arent really playin anywhere rly alot he?

Meshtar
Treant

Postby Meshtar » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:53 am

Honestly, the list is way too small and more than half of those are inactive or barely active players. If this was what we waited 20 days for then I don't know what to tell you. This is why I was against moderator approach in the first place, you guys, in general, aren't even active enough to follow up on who are currently active tkers in lihl. Now, as a criteria, you need to be in agreement who are the people whose skill/attitude isn't good enough and then and only then that player gets to be in this list.
You are either :

1. Not active enough to know who is making the problems in lihl.
2. Avoiding to name in your personal lists the people you like/ or are friendly with.
3. Don't have the balls to deal with the backlash generated from a bigger, more comprehensive list.
4. ?

Whichever is/are the reasons for a list as weak as this, I can only tell you this is way too little do achieve anything. It's like trying to empty a lake with a spoon.
These users thanked the author Meshtar for the post:
archol (Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:26 am)

point
Forest Walker

Postby point » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:03 am

i have no idea how did krocis fall into this list. he behave nice and builds also fine
These users thanked the author point for the post (total 2):
7years (Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:29 pm) • Krocis (Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:13 am)

dweiler
Plague Treant

Postby dweiler » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:27 am

Good luck with that :D

Did you effectively study the players before throwing them on the list? If so, you can better just unvouch them because you already gave your informed opinion. If not, what else is this than the opinion of 5 semi-active guys in the league?
You don't stop playing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing.

nicolai123
Treant

Postby nicolai123 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:08 am

Meshtar wrote:Honestly, the list is way too small and more than half of those are inactive or barely active players. If this was what we waited 20 days for then I don't know what to tell you. This is why I was against moderator approach in the first place, you guys, in general, aren't even active enough to follow up on who are currently active tkers in lihl. Now, as a criteria, you need to be in agreement who are the people whose skill/attitude isn't good enough and then and only then that player gets to be in this list.
You are either :

1. Not active enough to know who is making the problems in lihl.
2. Avoiding to name in your personal lists the people you like/ or are friendly with.
3. Don't have the balls to deal with the backlash generated from a bigger, more comprehensive list.
4. ?

Whichever is/are the reasons for a list as weak as this, I can only tell you this is way too little do achieve anything. It's like trying to empty a lake with a spoon.

srsly if we had to follow ur standards every time we unvouched someone, it would be impossible.. Try to be realistic instead of worrying about appeasing everyone/being 100% fair, it will never happen. + they said they would do more than one so saying that the list is not big enough is just irrelevant since it will be done again.

archol
Treant

Postby archol » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:44 am

A lot of people often/mainly/or just dodge LIHL and play on 1200+ this and last month as far i saw (maybe im mistaken, but thats my feeling as i only see !g 1200 more often than usual on discord chat and a lot of LIHL players in that mode), this list wont change much in my opinion.

The list is even missing most obvious teamkillers in my opinion, beforehand i talked with other players about their potential list and they all have often the same teamkillers in common. When several people are the opinion that player A or B should get unvouched and are not even in the list, it sure leaves a bad taste - do they get a free card to teamkill us without worrying any consequences till the list gets updated?

I agree people have different opinion from different players/teamkillers, because they only judge mainly from the games they are in (and not overall, and it also depends how many games that certain player played/watched with the teamkiller - was it few games, was it more than 10 games or even more etc.) and it doesnt mean they teamkill there either and have even a good game and carry.

Wolke
Forest Walker

Postby Wolke » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:05 pm

Good start, but half of this player are kinda inaktiv. I would add like 5-10 more player to the list.
Last edited by Wolke on Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author Wolke for the post:
KiwiLeKiller (Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:18 pm)

KiwiLeKiller
Treant Protector

Postby KiwiLeKiller » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:20 pm

I also think it's a good start, but this list is missing the center piece of the TK players in my opinion, some I don't even understand how you didn't include in the list...
These users thanked the author KiwiLeKiller for the post:
archol (Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:21 pm)
"in a moment of extreme passion"
- Beastman (2017)

TeachRolls
Armored Tree

Postby TeachRolls » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:50 pm

Krocis does not belong up there but I think he knows it as well and will hopefully use it as a source of motivation to prove his doubters wrong!
These users thanked the author TeachRolls for the post (total 2):
ZTX)Fiji (Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:58 am) • KiwiLeKiller (Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:12 pm)
TeachRolls

elektro
Treant

Postby elektro » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:15 pm

so the list is me , godlike and krocis, and with me stopping playing at least a period of time cause i feel insulted cuz im on it, will be godlike and krocis, 2 players that shouldnt be on this list in my oppinion. i know at least 10 players that are weaker than them. Have u guys who made this list watch some games at least from me and these guys ?

thanx @archol for letting me know this long before. shoulda just listened to you.

n1ll3
Treant

Postby n1ll3 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:42 pm

Well its no secret that im a fan of this Idea. This will improve the league for sure, even if i dont fully agree to this List. But its not the point to discuss every named here. Just play active and concentrated and prove that the mods were "wrong" putting you on this list.

MudMan
Treant

Postby MudMan » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:57 pm

this idea (regardless of whose name is up) is excellent and way better than unvouching.

it is better for the community because it aims to improve the players rather than get rid of them

The gap between top and bot will always be there but its better to shrink it.

FadingSuns
Treant Protector

Postby FadingSuns » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:23 pm

What is the procedure now if someone wanna report a low skilled player? its unclear to me.... I get the mods list etc, and i agree, but this should not be the only way... you guys need to give us a way to do it no?

BTW what is Procis doing in that list?

Mind
Donator

Postby Mind » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:41 pm

this league was created to let the best players fight on a high level. regarding that, if u dont fit in this skill-level, u shud (get) quit. fair enough, i can understand that, no hard feelings. since im inactive anyway, i shud not give a damn about being unvouched. but on the other hand, im a bit disappointed cuz im here for quiet a while now and correct me, if im wrong: i did get along with the most of u guys pretty well and had a lot of fun winning, losing and trashtalking together (<3 varg and yolo).
do what you have to do; i certainly wont play under the pressure not to fail from time to time (which WILL happen ofc, regarding my low activity) due to some guys that will prolly watch my lane 24/7, greedy searching for any small mistake. the way supreme_being had to fight himself back into lihl some time ago was just unworthy and embarrassing for a so-called "community".
one last thought to some guys (i wont name them tho): dont u think its kinda pathetic to blaspheme the builds, the push etc. of the weaker players every time u go obs a game? its a serious question, i dont wanna provoke anyone here.

peace!
These users thanked the author Mind for the post:
Varg (Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:28 pm)
(32:21 / All) Mudman: WE FORGOT KING
(32:23 / All) Mudman: gg

Return to “LIHL Archive”