Surprise

Moderator: LIHL Staff

n1ll3
Treant

Surprise

Postby n1ll3 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:42 am

I thought a while about creatinga new List. Even if the white knight Mick and some other ppl are not a fan of this i decided to update my List. I think its not needed to treat everyone with velvet gloves here and this is no denunciation, so here we go.

First of all a little explaination why not to overvalue this list:
1. Some players change their skill fast and reasons for this could be different. I placed Fate and ranz for example not in top because they play in their „fuck of“ mode very often currently.
2. Some have a high delta from being very smart to super tk.
3. My subjektivity ( i tried at least to be objective). But this is not ez so its hard for me to rate players with a different playstyle fair (like fiji; achilles or godlik3 for example)
4. I cant rate all that i does not see and i also do mistakes. So dont overvalue a list from a single person.

That being said HAVE FUN
(+ or - means close to move up or down)
THE LIST.JPG
THE LIST.JPG (99.06 KiB) Viewed 2514 times

So what value can this list add now( beside some drama ofc :D)?!

1. It shows all trials are worth a vouch. So i support Thegreatdane; Fyre and Sickandtired here.

2. Furthermore it shows thats the current skill lvl is good atm. Just 24% of the lihl players are below average and only 6% are not lihl lvl because they play to bad and tk to often atm. Even if the elo is questinable also shows that the most players play at a good lvl. I know it feels different from time to time and tks and bad games happens. But all in all its way better than some time ago.

The List 2.JPG
The List 2.JPG (34.52 KiB) Viewed 2514 times
Last edited by n1ll3 on Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

dweiler
Plague Treant

Re: Surprise

Postby dweiler » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:13 am

I don't disagree with a list as long as you are aware that it is subjective and should not be taken too seriously :) But honestly, I take an elo-list (if the player played enough games) more seriously than people's personal lists of skill (unless the player made a lot of effort analyzing the skill in the form of extensively analyzing replays in comparison with others who should be at more or less the same level).
You don't stop playing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing.

BoretkPanda
Treant Protector

Postby BoretkPanda » Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:47 pm

yeay improved!

Meshtar
Treant

Postby Meshtar » Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:49 pm

The fact that I don't agree with the concept of lists is well known so I won't comment on that any further since it seems a good part of community loves lists. I also think lists are an insanely subjective thing and what it strikes me again is how much I disagree in about half of the cases n1ll3 posted, in some cases even 3 levels of difference, which just emphasizes the subjectivity of it all. I also don't think elo-lists are better way to assess skill unless we make some changes (like the idea that Tom presented) to the whole elo system. Well, have fun with all the drama now and how much it will go to people's heads when player like n1ll3 makes a list.

n1ll3
Treant

Postby n1ll3 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:06 pm

3 lvls @meshtar? What cases are this? and can you explain this pls:
when player like n1ll3 makes a list

Spoiler!
lets see if he can resist
so I won't comment on that any further

BoretkPanda
Treant Protector

Postby BoretkPanda » Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:36 pm

n1ll3 wrote:3 lvls @meshtar? What cases are this? and can you explain this pls:
when player like n1ll3 makes a list

Spoiler!
lets see if he can resist
so I won't comment on that any further

Meshtar: Upper Avg > not lihl lvl 8-)

Meshtar
Treant

Postby Meshtar » Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:38 pm

I aint gonna say which player/players are those to not add more fuel to drama ;)
Also I meant when a player of your skill and reputation makes a list it tends to go into people's heads.

Panda nailed it :(

Tom_hardy
Forest Walker

Postby Tom_hardy » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:16 pm

Thanks for the input!

Gotta love the statement that just 24% are below average from a mathematical point of view :D

@meshtar you are making things quite difficult when not wanting subjective skill impressions, neither elo, makes skill impossible to judge, since those are the two things we have.
These users thanked the author Tom_hardy for the post:
7years (Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:36 pm)

iamyoursenpai
Treant

Postby iamyoursenpai » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:55 pm

n1ll3 wrote:´
2. Some have a high delta from being very smart to super tk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jlwpWNSefQ ... thats what i'm doing with your list!

wani9311
Armored Tree

Postby wani9311 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:07 pm

you dont even rate the proest player yolo.style .....

Anda
LIHL Staff

Postby Anda » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:37 pm

BoretkPanda wrote:yeay improved!

Welcome to the average tear, where nothing is light or really dark. Just blended in a weird texture of gray, you see the sun mocking yourself from the upper average tier which yet seems to be impossible to climp up to with our average mindset and game knowledge.. right behind you is the bottomless pit of under average, reaching his dark hands towards you, wanting to grab you back to the despair you succesfully escaped from. Yet you will find no joy or fruitfull games here, all you are going to experience is middle respect from others, very little tk reports on yourself and in general more tolerance for your flaws.
Congratulations on eating the same tasteless junk over and over again as we all do cornering around 1000 elo, looking up in rage and envy to those deeming you anything else then average.
These users thanked the author Anda for the post (total 5):
BoretkPanda (Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:38 pm) • Meshtar (Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:51 pm) • nicolai123 (Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:53 pm) • 7years (Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:37 pm) • dweiler (Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:41 pm)

Diablo_
Protector of Nature

Postby Diablo_ » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:11 pm

I feel offended by that list, I would clearly be > 90% of the ppl whenever I would play again!
-----
LIHL player parser, a tool to automatically parse LIHL players' Elo and create reports for it: CLICK

nicolai123
Treant

Postby nicolai123 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:52 pm

after that 3s game today n1ll3.. smh

Meshtar
Treant

Postby Meshtar » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:50 pm

Tom_hardy wrote:Thanks for the input!

Gotta love the statement that just 24% are below average from a mathematical point of view :D

@meshtar you are making things quite difficult when not wanting subjective skill impressions, neither elo, makes skill impossible to judge, since those are the two things we have.

If we are talking about ranking of all players then sure, its hard to find another way... but thats not what we are doing are we? Topics and discussion that started lately weren't about ranking everybody, they were just about trying to fix the problem with certain number of players equipped with low skill, bad attitude or any combination of those 2. My way was better cause it was fair to everyone, didn't include anything personal or subjective, just hard proof in a way of replays. Your way so far has done absolutely nothing but name few people who went afk and funny enough n1ll3 puts some of those as average players in his list, so they can obviously argue now that they aren't tk, since n1ll3's opinion holds some weight.
As I said, since your way is the only way that can happen at all, I am trying to be constructive and contribute to it with pms, but don't expect me to like it and embrace it as the right move.
In the end honestly, I am just curious if you will have the balls to unvouch anyone or this is just for show and to calm the spirits.
Either way I don't envy your job here so at least there you have some understanding from me :)

TinSoldier
Treant Protector

Postby TinSoldier » Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:15 am

Haha mesh couldn't resist
These users thanked the author TinSoldier for the post:
Meshtar (Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:29 am)

Return to “LIHL Archive”