Suggestion for improving the list

Moderator: LIHL Staff

MudMan
Treant

Suggestion for improving the list

Postby MudMan » Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:30 pm

Many people keep saying the list is "subjective" which is true
However, the list does serve as a motivator for people to improve in the eyes of the community, since subjectivity and elo are the only 2 factors in determining how good a player is.

My suggestion: pick a committee of 5-6 people and make a unified list.

The way this works: If for example player X is rated to be above average by 3 people, but below average by the other 3, then their ranking on the list should be the average of the 6 votes which results in them being on the Average tier.

This was sort of what some people (including me) were hoping was going to happen when the moderators came up with "the purge" which ultimately did nothing except make elektro self-tk for 2 weeks.
These users thanked the author MudMan for the post:
nicolai123 (Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:07 pm)

BoretkPanda
Treant Protector

Re: Suggestion for improving the list

Postby BoretkPanda » Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:13 pm

i like the idea of that - also i always thought that the mod-purge was a bit unlucky since most of them are way to inactive to rate people. (Not sure how they involved other players into that list)

n1ll3
Treant

Re: Suggestion for improving the list

Postby n1ll3 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:49 pm

Dont know if thats a good idea. I think one subjective list is perfect because the value of this is not too high. Its just a bit fun, a bit toll and a bit of truth. Even i would change some of my decisions now after a few days and it doesnt really matter if you are below or above average, some players rate some just better because they play good together and have an equal playstyle.

I think all we need is a wakeup call for some, who play below our lvl to avoid frustration and motivate them.

Return to “LIHL Archive”