Handling Manner Issues in LIHL

Moderator: LIHL Staff

FadingSuns
Treant Protector

Re: Handling Manner Issues in LIHL

Postby FadingSuns » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:28 pm

Keep trying kid. I understand perfectly ur bs, but its just dat, a bunch of bs from a no manner kid.

Bye bye noone will miss u.

Krocis
Treant

Postby Krocis » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:27 pm

Guys guys guys, those posts are rly out of topic and make drama in such a post about manners are just TK. What about sometimes apologize after you insult someone, when u rq, when you force send,etc, instead of an arguments who is bad mannered and who is not. Everyone can have bad game,bad day which can result in drama situation, just say "sorry i was wrong" , "i was impolite" or so. Its not rly hard to type such words. And stop this, it just makes more drama while Ace´s point, is reduce drama. So when u raging just say "sorry my bad" and move on coz most of us are 25+ we are not kids arguing on playground. Damn, we adult ppl so act like dat. I think this was the Ace´s point. And only way make it work out is chill sometimes or realize some things.

And isnt better to work on our eachother relationships instead of classify what is bad manner and what not?

BoretkPanda
Treant Protector

Postby BoretkPanda » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:08 am

well for me i can say that i got issues with preetty much everyone but i decided that its not worth to keep trouble since this game close to be dead anyway and i dont wanna mess up those last 50 players with bad attitude. so im a tariq for some weeks now

E: doesnt mean that there are still those 5 players i wont ever accept and keep trigger them jaja

keep love and lihl alive u fuckers

Vendeta
Treant Protector

Postby Vendeta » Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:24 pm

BoretkPanda wrote:well for me i can say that i got issues with preetty much everyone

And it is sad how community isn't doing anything to solve that. Everyone ignoring it for long time.
D.S. 1989

BoretkPanda
Treant Protector

Postby BoretkPanda » Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:28 pm

Vendeta wrote:
BoretkPanda wrote:well for me i can say that i got issues with preetty much everyone

And it is sad how community isn't doing anything to solve that. Everyone ignoring it for long time.

How u know Mods/Community didnt? Also i had some Unvouches.
And ur the last person who should talk

and for me i can say i atleast try to change me. thats a point that i never saw when talking about ur person. For how many years now? 5?

Le_Don
Armored Tree

Postby Le_Don » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:12 pm

How many games you played here to keep dreaming ace ? Around 2-3k i guess ?
And you still think that you need a formula or rule to maintain a mannered and healty environment in LIHL ? Negative imo..
All you need is an 'in game' moderation, which means that you guys should behave in a manner way and push others to do so with courtesy and without trashtalking.
Posting here could only lead to some fight about particular cases, some blabla and vendeta speaking in the name of the community. Not sure that makes the case progress.

thor_god
Aura Tree

Postby thor_god » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:55 pm

BoretkPanda wrote:well for me i can say that i got issues with preetty much everyone but i decided that its not worth to keep trouble since this game close to be dead anyway and i dont wanna mess up those last 50 players with bad attitude. so im a tariq for some weeks now

E: doesnt mean that there are still those 5 players i wont ever accept and keep trigger them jaja

keep love and lihl alive u fuckers

55 active players this season so far; anyone know comparatively to last few season how many active players there were?

Just need to treat fellow players with respect is all; from being on the bottom (read #1 on hit list) I get constant feedback from players and really realized we have a majority who are nice and actively seek to win as a team and improve each other. The minority that put others down and shit talk excessively are what cause the cycle of rage that we see. There's no need put others down constantly or be "that guy." All in all, love every player here and hope this community stays for years to come (with me in it haha).

P.S. All beef can be squashed; pretty sure Panda hated me for about 3 days, we discussed and got over it.

epicdeath
Treant

Postby epicdeath » Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:50 pm

I mean its actually really simple isn't it? Just follow one guideline, dont be a dickhead. But back to topic I like ace's idea. It just makes it easier for mods to give more flexible punishments for any given situation.

E.g. I had a game late last season where we income sent from 15-20 when we behind to try extend game since one of the other team couldn't play 20+. Player X on my team ragequit during 20 since they didnt send (our survivable level) and we would die 21. The other team refused to draw (understandably since they won alrdy).

I considered reporting it but in the end I didnt cus I didnt think the punishments could fairly fit the situation. The rq was late and had 0 impact on outcome so a rq penalty would probably feel harsh.

Similarly for the other team, it was pretty reasonable they didnt draw seeing as the game was their win. Unvouches for them would also be harsh in that instance.

With Aces proposed guideline I would have no problems reporting under it since due to the niches of the rulebreaks the standard penalties (unvouch/dc pen) I decided wouldnt be fair.

TLDR: dont be a dickhead and Ace's idea is solid.

Anda
LIHL Staff

Postby Anda » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:48 pm

Just look at the last days topics and responses happened in this forum and tell me again why anyone should moderate in this atmosphere?
Getting so tired of filtering through all the QQ and aggression to read through to get to the viable informations we need to handle these cases...

Le_Don
Armored Tree

Postby Le_Don » Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:44 pm

epicdeath wrote:E.g. I had a game late last season where we income sent from 15-20 when we behind to try extend game since one of the other team couldn't play 20+. Player X on my team ragequit during 20 since they didnt send (our survivable level) and we would die 21. The other team refused to draw (understandably since they won alrdy).

I considered reporting it but in the end I didnt cus I didnt think the punishments could fairly fit the situation. The rq was late and had 0 impact on outcome so a rq penalty would probably feel harsh.

Similarly for the other team, it was pretty reasonable they didnt draw seeing as the game was their win. Unvouches for them would also be harsh in that instance.

It would be more benefical if you could make him understand that his move is unmannered and disrespect other players here without making a punishment procedure by talking with him in game/discord or in private or even by making a simple thread without involving moderation.
As long as he would understand, i doubt that it would be an issue for the future.
Maybe i'm dreaming and most of you guys need punishments/warnings to understand such common things...

epicdeath
Treant

Postby epicdeath » Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:55 pm

I did that mate ofc we had a chat. I'm just providing an example of where I felt current moderation guidelines would most likely yield an unfair result. But I'm also a fan of warnings since they're effectively no punishment unless the action is repeated in a comparable context.

Tom_hardy
Forest Walker

Postby Tom_hardy » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:13 pm

I appreciate the idea, but to moderate something like manner issues sounds good at first sight, but the devil is in the details really.
Something like that is impossible to define and interpret without being very subjective. But that is the point. Right now, we mods have the possibilty to handle things the way we see fit when it comes to that, based on what we think is right, case by case. If you try to establish a rule system for that, its either way too complex or wont be able to handle the single cases properly. So for now there will be no further rule implementation.

I just really want to adress everybody here when i say, before being a dick, take a deep breath, think about if its worth it, see that its not and then dont be.

Return to “LIHL Archive”