Inactivity

Moderator: LIHL Staff

MudMan
Treant

Re: Inactivity

Postby MudMan » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:51 pm

Snowblind wrote:First of all, thx for some the nice words and apologies for my behaviour yesterday. I admit i was tilted, and i said some things in staff, personal msges and discord chat that a moderator should not. Im a strong supporter of leading by example, and yesterday i didnt do that myself.

Im not running away from the responsibility though mud, truth is i had to swallow quite the devastating low-blows from life in the last half year and i am the kind of person that gets into working a lot to ease it. Problem is though, that for the last weeks/months i felt very frustrated by community, general moderations activity and therefore moderating here started to not be a positive thing for me, but a negative.
I know i dont have the hardest skin and sometimes personal flames get to me more then they should, but this rly isnt the issue here.
Thats the real reason i need a timeoff, i need to focus on positive things in my personal spare time,so this isnt a big middlefinger in everyones face here, but a step for my own health.
Dont read this as a complaint to about moderators, everybody has situations in real life that allow you not the spare time to put the hours in here or doesnt allow your mind to do it. I fully understand that and since its a personal choice for everybody to take playtime away n moderate, im thankfull for everybody who worked with me over the last year.
I hope we will get more activity in moderation and hopefully some new moderators aswell now that we are 2 people short for the time being. Lihl needs active moderation, but at this point in time i am simply not the right person to do it.

When im rdy again, ill see how the state of community and moderation is and if theres still passion from my side left and if my input is even needed in staff.
Gl to all of you, be kind to one another and try to accept peoples flaws and dont spend 2 much time on the negative sites of lihl community.

Sorry to hear that mate. I didnt mean what i said yesterday i wasnt thinking straight.
Hope everything gets sorted out with you irl, take care my nigga

BoretkPanda
Treant Protector

Postby BoretkPanda » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:00 pm

FadingSuns wrote:
TeachRolls wrote:Things I said in the past that are still accurate;

The only minor downside I see forming amongst LIHL moderation is, should Crey be accepted, us having four moderators of which none is really that active.

What this sub-forum section is experiencing at the moment is the combination of impatient, insecure & foolish individuals coming together wreaking havoc all over - projecting their own weaknesses onto others they dislike or consider inadequate. However all of this can and will be temporary if dealt accordingly (e.g. swift gestures of authority to put an end to all of what's going on). The players have had too much say in how the League deals with its internal matters, which has (evidently) proven to be unsuccessful. Moderation exists for incidents such as what's currently going on - be above the people involved and resolve the matters at hand.

I often facepalm when I view a new post on this forum and regardless of the topic there's always multiple replies from people who are neither the original poster nor the violator. For instance I would recommend members to refrain from posting in every thread they feel the need to get involved with. While one may have good intentions it's absolutely unnecessary to increase the amount of data a mod has to read before completing said topic.

People complain a lot about teamkilling and often the method used is to publicly blame the alleged player during + after the game and even threaten to report the incident - this is absolutely not how you deal with the issue at hand. If player A thinks he knows better than player B he should explain it in detail while player B should have the decency of being able to consider that he might be wrong. Ask yourself three questions at the start of every round; "When? Why? How?" and answer them in chat and you're already discussing the game with your team. Blaming someone is a very poor method of influencing their performance. We've all been there blaming someone or something but the key is to being able to forgive, be forgiven and forget about it.

Teach the mod. I !support

just apply teach ty

Anda
LIHL Staff

Postby Anda » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:30 am

Ty all for nice words, will give it a new thought next year i guess and see where i stand, at least might be coming back as a player for a start .
I also support teach for a mod, just do it :)

KiwiLeKiller
Treant Protector

Postby KiwiLeKiller » Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:10 pm

@Snowblind Sad to hear that... Hope everything bets better for you and that you come back strong soon <3
"in a moment of extreme passion"
- Beastman (2017)

Diablo_
Protector of Nature

Postby Diablo_ » Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:30 pm

Enjoy your freetime :)
-----
LIHL player parser, a tool to automatically parse LIHL players' Elo and create reports for it: CLICK

Le_Don
Armored Tree

Postby Le_Don » Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:32 pm

Take care Anda, you are a good guy and i'm pretty sure that your issues will be fixed.
Even tho i would lie if i say you were the best mod imo, but sure thing is that you always had good intentions and you did put a lot of time on it so big thanks for that mang. Thats just my opinion.Ty again and cya around.

About current LIHL forum status, whats wrong guys ? Am i missing some deleted thread or something ? I mean i see nothing freak, with an external pov i can affirm that there is nothing abnormal knowing this forum for a while now. There was always stuffs as that in the past and even more, but if you guys talking about changing that, it's another thing. @teachrolls same for your first paragraph, this has always been the case as far as i have been here.
Also i think that teach got good judgment skills to be a moderator, i asked him to do so a while ago but the answer was negative.
Anyway, if you guys behave properly in game, you wont get any issues here.

Dong
Donator

Postby Dong » Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:04 pm

Le_Don wrote:Take care Anda, you are a good guy and i'm pretty sure that your issues will be fixed.
Even tho i would lie if i say you were the best mod imo, but sure thing is that you always had good intentions and you did put a lot of time on it so big thanks for that mang. Thats just my opinion.Ty again and cya around.

About current LIHL forum status, whats wrong guys ? Am i missing some deleted thread or something ? I mean i see nothing freak, with an external pov i can affirm that there is nothing abnormal knowing this forum for a while now. There was always stuffs as that in the past and even more, but if you guys talking about changing that, it's another thing. @teachrolls same for your first paragraph, this has always been the case as far as i have been here.
Also i think that teach got good judgment skills to be a moderator, i asked him to do so a while ago but the answer was negative.
Anyway, if you guys behave properly in game, you wont get any issues here.

i think the majority problem is, that when someone is reported or other forms of topics, more and more people add comments ( when they are not involved etc.. ) making it harder for mods to process topics, because the amount of reading required per topic has increased dramatically.. But what do i know :)

Donged the french way mon ami.

Jumma mubarak -
Thou shall self tk.

Le_Don
Armored Tree

Postby Le_Don » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:15 pm

@Dong i never took the time to argue about this and i did totally understood what teach meant here even tho i don't fully agree since it should be part of moderators abilities to take the informations that got values for the case and ignore the rest for processing fastly.

I just said that it wasn't new, knowing that you have been here for a while, i'm quite sure you could confirm my point here.
Dong wrote:Jumma mubarak -

Ty my dane friend.
These users thanked the author Le_Don for the post:
Dong (Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:39 pm)

tariqtd
Forest Walker

Postby tariqtd » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:20 pm

Anda my Brother i will Just miss U
Salam and i Wish all good in Ur life

Tom_hardy
Forest Walker

Postby Tom_hardy » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:29 am

Will try to keep the ship from sinking in your absence, thank you for everything!

Return to “LIHL Archive”