time to clean out the trash

Moderator: LIHL Staff

MudMan
Treant

time to clean out the trash

Postby MudMan » Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:09 am

i have always complained about people who dodge lihl as a whole. Dodging 1 player is fine, and everyone does that as long as they dont hurt the overall well being of the community. but this has gone too far. We saw it last season with psyclone, and now its becoming a fuckin trend. And we need to get it rid of it asap.

-People who are actively playing in 1200 but dodging lihl coz they think theyre better than everyone else, should be unvouched immediately.
-People who are actively observing lihl: with 7 people signed for 20 mins waiting for +1, then suddenly they are the first to fucking join obs.

inactivity because you cannot play is different than inactivity because you're not satisfied by playing in lihl.

Do you want a list of people who do that? sure, I will work on it soon (many are playing under aliases, but some are doing it blatantly.)

Here's my first name though.
Attachments
trash.png
trash.png (217.22 KiB) Viewed 1958 times

Qvist
Treant

Re: time to clean out the trash

Postby Qvist » Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:41 am

remove lihl and join the public ladder with a reset for all to 1215 elo rank so you cant elo hunt early for abuse of stats.

make 1200 bot more filled with the top player in a already low playerbase. mega is almost more dead than 1200 so only the hardcore players remain. But lihl is pointless since all on 1200 know lihl players.

point
Forest Walker

Postby point » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:13 am

you are taking too much to your hands. thats absolutely not your business when im spending my time. if i feel like i need a rest from lihl because i became annoyed by something i take the rest, instead of being such a jerk like you, who are talking behind the people back
i never said that im better than everyone else, while you are crying about that whole time
so rather take your place beside the toilet instead of doing useless researches

MudMan
Treant

Postby MudMan » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:54 am

not talking behind anyone's back. i made a topic on forums u retard.
It pisses me off specially because people like you who are not even that great at the game are sitting in 1200 and making it public that u are fed up with lihl noobs etc. and its not enjoyable/tilting. which means that you are spreading bad rumors about lihl in 1200 and possibly denying some good candidates. Its simple, if you dont want to be part of lihl, u get fukin unvouched then? no need to act like a boss here. I didnt flame u, i said u need to be unvouched which is very fucking logical

point
Forest Walker

Postby point » Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:55 am

i never said anything before you asked why am i dont playing and then you starting to behave like assholes with kiwi
if i called you and kiwi assholes when you behave like asshole i dont feel bad myself

MudMan
Treant

Postby MudMan » Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:19 am

1- irrelevant subject
2- kiwi only said "ez" in all chat which is banter, i didnt say a single word that game
3- i stick to my initial request, if you simply dont want to be part of lihl, then go get unvouched, no need to turn this into a dramatic scene, many people have done it before, like donbola for example

Deckard Cain

Postby Deckard Cain » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:04 am

Qvist wrote:remove lihl and join the public ladder with a reset for all to 1215 elo rank so you cant elo hunt early for abuse of stats.

make 1200 bot more filled with the top player in a already low playerbase. mega is almost more dead than 1200 so only the hardcore players remain. But lihl is pointless since all on 1200 know lihl players.

Well surely there arent that great players at all 1200+ including me. But Qvist is totally right, why do you split that very small community? During daytime we have sometimes 30+ min wait for full lobby.

I mean i have no idea what kind of tourneys and stuff you do, but shouldnt it be enought to make some tourneys a month or sth like that to fill up nomrla 1200+? otherwise you will loose palyer base sooner or later (maybe sooner....)

Meshtar
Treant

Postby Meshtar » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:06 am

Don't you think you are exaggerating way too much with this topic? We all have our issues and frustrations with lihl, I'm also dodging it more or less, but the point is you can't force people to play lihl. Next thing there will be a daily or seasonal quota of games played needed to stay in lihl? Come on. Sure would be good if people (if there are such people) wouldn't criticize lihl on 1200+, but thats also their right like it or not.

BoretkPanda
Treant Protector

Postby BoretkPanda » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:52 am

I know point talked bad about lihl at 1200 but I highly doubt those words have bigger influence to lihl than all our funny drama threads.

Also People get unvouched after 2 Seasons anyway. At least I think it was 2. Anyway the intention of the post I 100% agree but the way I handle it is way to rude to be produktiv.

Haha and I lold about those 1200ers want us to force to play with them. Why don't we just mix mega with 1200?

KiwiLeKiller
Treant Protector

Postby KiwiLeKiller » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:26 am

ez
These users thanked the author KiwiLeKiller for the post:
Panopticon (Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:23 pm)
"in a moment of extreme passion"
- Beastman (2017)

dweiler
Plague Treant

Postby dweiler » Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:52 pm

Deckard Cain wrote:
Qvist wrote:remove lihl and join the public ladder with a reset for all to 1215 elo rank so you cant elo hunt early for abuse of stats.

Well surely there arent that great players at all 1200+ including me. But Qvist is totally right, why do you split that very small community? During daytime we have sometimes 30+ min wait for full lobby.

I mean i have no idea what kind of tourneys and stuff you do, but shouldnt it be enought to make some tourneys a month or sth like that to fill up nomrla 1200+? otherwise you will loose palyer base sooner or later (maybe sooner....)

Honestly I think that's a good point that should be considered. The playerbase is very small (I think it's fewer players than ever playing LIHL), the vouch request section in LIHL is more or less dead, because no new players. It's the same old people playing against each other all the time, and people watching each other way too much because it is a league. Moderation is pretty much dead in LIHL. 1200+ is also less active than it has been for long. For the good of 'skilled games' in general, opening that up could work.
You don't stop playing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing.

MrStrawberry
Aura Tree

Postby MrStrawberry » Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:33 pm

There are currently 54 "active players" in league atm.

From those 54 players, 13 of them played 20 or less games this season. Thats less than a game per day.

About moderation i wont even speak, mick said it as ot is, it is pretty much dead. Noone wants to be new mod, and old mods are tired of drama bs. Which is really understandable.

Also, yes, there is 1 vouch request in 2 months, but during those 2 months, lihl lose at least 2-3 old players, so do the math.

We can already see it, lihl is dying slowly and painfull, and we argue on forum on such irrelevant topics. Unvouch requests, lists, "purge", and now this. People leaving on themselves from the league, and players want to banish more players. I really dont see a point having a league with 20 "top" players. Ridiculous.

I will just repeat inq's words, cant we just enjoy in this game, while its still alive? Not just lihl, game of ltd is dying, so lers just enjoy it while it lasts.
These users thanked the author MrStrawberry for the post:
Crazy_Skeleton (Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:33 pm)

TeachRolls
Armored Tree

Postby TeachRolls » Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:04 pm

dweiler wrote:
Deckard Cain wrote:

Honestly I think that's a good point that should be considered. The playerbase is very small (I think it's fewer players than ever playing LIHL), the vouch request section in LIHL is more or less dead, because no new players. It's the same old people playing against each other all the time, and people watching each other way too much because it is a league. Moderation is pretty much dead in LIHL. 1200+ is also less active than it has been for long. For the good of 'skilled games' in general, opening that up could work.

The recent transition from using bnet to wc3connect was a significant change and anyone who didn't expect it to have consequences is simply being naive. Changes such as that will always hurt the casual players the most.

While it's obvious that the number of LIHL players is low it's in my opinion pointless to only mention that and not include the amount of games being played (I think Jabba/HazarDous/Diablo_ can access these statistics) over a period of time. For any aging competetive game the natural order of business is to die out slowly but surely - this unfortunately applies to Warcraft III as well.

I don't see the hypothetical disbanding of LIHL in order to merge with ENT.31 being beneficial in any aspect for your average LIHL player. We would lose the high level of play and the tight-knit community where everyone knows each other only for a leap of faith. A LIHL player would lose more than he'd get in return. As long as 1200+ is accessible via Mega I will say a strict no to this proposal.

Alternatively I would remodel the LIHL vouching process in order to make the ENT.31 -> LIHL transition easier and more transparent.

For instance;

- Two stages of recruitment. Initially one would post a vouch request application which would be automatically accepted due to applicant showing interest in joining LIHL. However the applicant would first under-go a minimum of two weeks or 20 games played before being either accepted or denied the actual Trial -status. I'd imagine it's more attractive for someone new to actually be able to participate rather than observing while the latter is undeniably valuable as well.

I think something like this could potentially speed up the vouching process making it more effective.
TeachRolls

AvadaKedavra
Forest Walker

Postby AvadaKedavra » Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:18 pm

Man if you guys are gonna panic like this, maybe I'll return to playing :|
These users thanked the author AvadaKedavra for the post:
Le_Don (Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:42 pm)

MudMan
Treant

Postby MudMan » Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:35 pm

The word "drama" is being overused lately. Not everything is drama. sometimes there are issues that need to be addressed publicly. nowadays any fuckin post on the fforum whether its a report or not is being referred to as "drama"

No, this is a serious issue that needs to be addressed, one way or another.

Return to “LIHL Archive”