Dong, Dodo, Thor and Mr.Strawberry

Moderator: LIHL Staff

dweiler
Plague Treant

Re: Dong, Dodo, Thor and Mr.Strawberry

Postby dweiler » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:12 pm

Jesus guys, combine your comments and publish it as a book.
You don't stop playing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing.

Anda
LIHL Staff

Postby Anda » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:18 pm

dweiler wrote:Jesus guys, combine your comments and publish it as a book.

Great idea actually, gonna ask archol if hell do the introduction parts from creation of the world to lihl glory days and decline :D

Le_Don
Armored Tree

Postby Le_Don » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:37 pm

Essays in da house league!
Manners and objectivity should preveal on the general skill imo. Because a mannered player will always listen to the team and better players, admit their faults, and consequently, improve quickly enough.
Don't forget that LTD is such an easy patterned game, and with an huge amount of games played, there is low chances for you to be a bad player.

Seeing the big picture, i think that only someone with low skill who never listen to others could harm because his skill lvl will stagnate instead of constantly improve.
Also ego could be a disavantage without objectivity, but if you got the objectivity it could give you the determination to improve by understanding your mistakes so you could correct them.

If i take joesakic or crazy_skeleton for exemple, i would say that they both lacked drasticaly objectivity plus the desire to keep improving even after playing 10k+ ltd games, because yes, they both are old ltd players that have been playing for years.

All in all kids, as mentionned previously, activity is something crucial for the league and i trully believe that you should only unvouch ppls as last resort for the well beeing of the league. Tk'ers have always existed in LIHL i can guarantee you this fact.
Who knows, maybe tk'ers from today might be the pros from tomorrow..

7years
Forest Walker

Postby 7years » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:03 pm

I couldn't agree more with what ranz wrote. Unjustified pride (and the unwillingness to learn that results from it) is the number 1 reason for all of those perceived skill issues.

I get it though, this is a community of big balls and many players, especially the weaker ones, fear that by asking for advice they will get judged even more than they already are. So to overcompensate for their own insecurities they play it cool and get snappy when given advice.

Lihl doesn't have a skill problem but an attitude problem (or at least that's the root cause).

How to solve it? One step would be to place more importance on the right kind of attitude in vouch requests. Personally, I would always prefer a weaker player with a selfless, positive mindset over a better but overly proud player. This also goes for who should be on new "watch lists" and how to decide if someone should finally be unvouched or not.

FadingSuns
Treant Protector

Postby FadingSuns » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:18 pm

I trully agree with everything ranz said except 1 thing. The way some top players communicate with low players is many times way toxic and if that keep being that way, everything else that he said wont work.

Personally i find 1007 way of communication the perfect way to make ppl follow ur advices.

EDIT: in fact the bigger issue is when tk bot players give tk advices with bad manners pretending to be Tin 2.0 :lol:

archol
Treant

Postby archol » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:23 pm

Once upon a time, long time ago ...

epicdeath
Treant

Postby epicdeath » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:32 am

Archiving. Feel free to PM any of us if you'd like to know anything else or you have other suggestions/concerns.

Return to “LIHL Archive”