Observing

Moderator: LIHL Staff

iamyoursenpai
Treant

Re: Observing

Postby iamyoursenpai » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:32 pm

Vendeta wrote:Moderator was allowing ghosting on some players. Thats only weird to me i guess...

There are many rulebreaks which have been accepted by Moderators in the past.

dweiler
Plague Treant

Postby dweiler » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:44 pm

Maybe it is something personal of me, but I don't think speaking in riddles leads to any solution on that. Either say what you want changed/what did not go well, or if you don't want it public, PM the mods, but don't insinuate things, and then leave it at that.
You don't stop playing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing.

iamyoursenpai
Treant

Postby iamyoursenpai » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:36 pm

dweiler wrote:Maybe it is something personal of me, but I don't think speaking in riddles leads to any solution on that. Either say what you want changed/what did not go well, or if you don't want it public, PM the mods, but don't insinuate things, and then leave it at that.

I don‘t know if you mean me? I already said that i don‘t think this rulechange is a good thing.

Anda
LIHL Staff

Postby Anda » Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:05 pm

iamyoursenpai wrote:
dweiler wrote:Maybe it is something personal of me, but I don't think speaking in riddles leads to any solution on that. Either say what you want changed/what did not go well, or if you don't want it public, PM the mods, but don't insinuate things, and then leave it at that.

I don‘t know if you mean me? I already said that i don‘t think this rulechange is a good thing.

If there are rulebreaks accepted, id like to know the reason for it.Some stuff is common sense, but accepting an environment where ghosting is accepted is never what i want, and i guess nobody wants that aswell for obvious reasons of fairness. So drop names and some hard facts pls, so we can work it out. Disgusting if people cheat here and think they can get away with it cause of this **Hey man** mentality.

FadingSuns
Treant Protector

Postby FadingSuns » Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:05 pm

Yet i never saw anyone requesting kick an obs for ghost trust issues since im on lihl, so...

1) who are we talk about?
2) why noone ever talk about this if it was a known issue?

Senpai, if. u think this rule change is bad... do you mean you are gona ask to kick several obs becuz of ghost issues from now on? How does it help to have the rule in place if noone is going to make use of it? theres somerhing i missing becuz this is starting to make ZERO sense

Meshtar
Treant

Postby Meshtar » Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:34 pm

Once again, what le Ace said.

Vendeta
Treant Protector

Postby Vendeta » Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:04 pm

1 person saying that there is known group of people who ghost, especially coming from ex-mod is a trust-issue-starting obs-vetoing drama.

Or u just want your DM full of msgs with people asking u who is, so u can act special.

Either give names, like anda said, or dont start that "thing" that can lead to big troubles.
D.S. 1989

iamyoursenpai
Treant

Postby iamyoursenpai » Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:15 pm

i just posted my opinion about the rulechange, im not forced to tell any names and also cba discussing about it.

Anda
LIHL Staff

Postby Anda » Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:21 pm

I go even one step further, this is a question of principle, since its a major offense. (ghosting is 1 month bantime)

When you know of people cheating and going against the very most important principle of what LIHL stands for ( fairplay) you actively become a part of the offense.
Its one thing to turn a blind eye on friends, but you share the responsibility if you do not report it. Theres good reasoning sometimes to not report anything always, like if you build 2 much delay and it was by accident and sell it after or whatever. On a major offense i see no way or form that it is in any way acceptable to withhold such information.
We cannot allow our community to treat our members differently, same rights and responsibilities for everybody.Otherwise, we will break this up into little group of friends, shattering the fair environment i personally hold up high.
Since you say you know of people ghosting, you have 2 options you have to think about now. Do you go against these people and tell their offence which is objectively the fair and just thing to do, or do you keep quiet and harm everybody else that play with / vs them.
I dont think i have to explain to you that this is extremly unfair behaviour if you keep quiet, nobody stands above the rules. They are the same for each member, dont think ill have to explain that to you, especially since you were moderator before and you know precisely whats right or wrong.
If you act against it, you will have to suffer the consequences.How can we vouch you if you know people cheat but you dont care about the fairplay of everybody else out of misguided loyalty or whatever.
If those people that you tease ghost and you protect them step forward now, this wont have consequences for yourself. Think about it carefully if you want senpai to suffer for cheating that you do yourself.
If nothing happens, i will see discuss with staff if an unvouch is appropriate. This blows my mind rly

iamyoursenpai
Treant

Postby iamyoursenpai » Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:31 pm

kk unvouch me then, especially knowing there are many people who know people who are ghosting and simply stay quite.

FadingSuns
Treant Protector

Postby FadingSuns » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:03 pm

iamyoursenpai wrote:kk unvouch me then, especially knowing there are many people who know people who are ghosting and simply stay quite.

Just made a poll to see if its real that many ppl was aware of this issue because its first time i hear of it.

BoretkPanda
Treant Protector

Postby BoretkPanda » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:06 pm

Lol Wtf not like all knew German squad was always in voice chat - senpai even was part of it from time to time. They raged alot about several players, playstyles or games in general but they never reacted with calls to any situation I believe. Also they never got any relevant information.

Le_Don
Armored Tree

Postby Le_Don » Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:03 am

Imo there is no need for a rule change.
Players rules and obsing is a privilege.

Anda
LIHL Staff

Postby Anda » Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:33 am

Talked about it with senpai in german, made it easier to understand, i hope your post was just misleading, or my interpretation of it it simply wrong. However, what you were talking about is handled now in private talk, wouldnt lead to any offense on your side hence ur off the hook and my post before is obsolete.Enjoy gaming

However i am also against a rulechange, regarding i learned that people ghost or theres rumour of people doing it in the past. Therefore, i guess 1 veto should still be enough for safety issues.

epicdeath
Treant

Postby epicdeath » Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:26 am

Denied due to the concerns stated above

Return to “LIHL Archive”