Moderator: LIHL Staff

Krocis
Treant

Postby Krocis » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:49 pm

Idk why, but why "the purge" there is no more...
there are definitly couple of players who doesnt have requiered skill to play lihl, bad builds,late pushes and so on.
1. for how long inactivity are ppl unvouched?-is it 1 or 2 seasons? if 2 need reduce to 1 season coz feels bad when need to tell ppl what to do...
also we need not just "punish" by unvouch(or not allow them to insta play lihl after long time break-mb let them play 1200 for couple of games so they got into it) ppl for inactivity but also for lack of games per season.
2. why do we have mods who barely play,barely take care of vouch req.(ban req)..., or who dont play,take care of vouch req... at all?
3.if smth come into my mind i will add

MudMan
Treant

Re: ....

Postby MudMan » Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:16 am

Mate i like you and all but skill levels are all relative, maybe someone also thinks u are a fucking noob who doesnt belong in lihl as you think that of someone else. I also have some ideas about some ppl who play below lihl par level. But if we are going to "purge" then lihl will not be there anymore. and idk about you but i definitely prefer lihl over 1200. because the truth is, even the worst player in lihl is definitely better than 1200 average so im okay with the way it is :)
ent is no longer on battle.net and therefore half the playerbase have left, we dont wanna tk whoever remained here man. Just enjoy the game while its still alive my nigga

7years
Forest Walker

Postby 7years » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:42 am

Couldn't agree more with what Mud said. Would it be nice to have less tk in lihl? Sure. Is it worth risking killing lihl altogether? Nah.

Anda
LIHL Staff

Postby Anda » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:34 am

I can sum up the main problem up for staff from my view pretty simple... we lack the manpower to do our job the way we would like to and atm we try to work the best we can with what time we have to spare.At the Moment we have epic and me actively moderating, but managing a league of 50 players with the time consuming way we like to to do ( watch replays for purge etc) it simply is 2 much asked to handle it with only 2 people.
Tom is very busy with his real life and job, im sure u noticed hes rarely online, and i believe everybody can understand that if you have only very few hours of personal time you like to play a game once in a while yourself over watching replays etc. He still is there when epic and me need him for feedback or we get a little input on decisions we made.
answering the concerns
1. It is 2 seasons of inactivity that you need to do a revouch request and go back in trial, problem is we have nobody updating the lihlwiki out of different reasons, so there simply is no database for us to unvouch inactive players.Unless we can get this fixed, well see from case to case how well handle things.I can hardly tell an inactive player go on 1200 bot, train there for like 2 weeks to get replays, and then he revouch request and has to wait for another 2 weeks until i found the time to check all replays, discuss them with epic and make a decision.For example, we just revouched flyy after a longer absent, but i forgot to mention publicly that we consider him in trialphase again.
I remembered him as a hotheaded, but skilled enough player, so i thought the risk of him catching up on lihl and maybe tk a few games is worth getting 1 active player back to our community.
Thats how moderation always try to handle things, act in the best interest of the whole community, sure we missstep here and there and make mistakes, but we try our best.
2.Cause we have 2 working mods atm only. I do never play on 1200 bot so i dont know any of these people. Lets for example take moamoa vouch request, i never played with him so epic offered to do the request cause he plays at 1200 bot sometimes aswell, when i told him that i would have to spend a lot off time on it cause hes a new person to me.
I like to repeat here what ive said sometimes in the past aswell, it is a misunderstanding that the replays that are uploaded are there for the community to watch. Sure we like feedback, it helps us balance and see what general perception the community has of a candidate from their 1200 experience.
But moderation has the final say who gets a shot at playing here and who doesnt.If we make a decision we do not need to explain how we came to it , unless there is demand from it from community and problematic player get vouched.
If 1 moderator knows a player from 1200 and he vouches for him that he is good enough for a trial, i personally am happy that he spares me the time of watching 5 replays closely cause hes a total stranger to me and i have to look at every little decision the player makes.
If you are unhappy with vouches of me and epic in the past, i invite you to help me out in a productive way with replay analysis etc.
Tbh comes off pretty ungratefull when epic spends his time watching replays instead of playing that then you say mod xy is 2 inactive. If you dont trust we can do vouch requests, make a topic about it and i surely will workk with motivated people that will help us with replays analysis.
For myself, im less skilled then epic, so he sees more mistakes, different solutions etc. Considering vouch requests i take his opinion over mine when it comes to the game.

I hope you understand the situation a bit better now what were dealing with and why not all is going as smoothly as wed like it to be. As i understood your post you came off quite frustrated, i hope thats not only because of the game u n me had yday where you seemed rly angry.
You seem to have a clear opinion on what needs to be done in lihl, but id like you to reconsider our side of the picture, what should be done and what can be done are 2 different things.

Took me 1 hour of my freeday now to respond, so i hope u realize we havent given up on moderating;)
Have a good week and hopefully a better week in lihl so u enjoy games more
These users thanked the author Anda for the post:
BoretkPanda (Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:41 am)

BoretkPanda
Treant Protector

Postby BoretkPanda » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:40 am

7years wrote:Couldn't agree more with what Mud said. Would it be nice to have less tk in lihl? Sure. Is it worth risking killing lihl altogether? Nah.

Botplayer1!

FadingSuns
Treant Protector

Postby FadingSuns » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:16 am

This feels surrealistic.

Return to “LIHL Archive”