Forest Walker

Re: game outcome nulled

Postby Furbolg. » Tue May 21, 2013 2:26 pm

1) East team had a 100% sure loss incomming on 20
2) Beep DC'ed from East on 18
3) My team had debate wheter to draw or not
4) I didnt draw and they lost 20

Lesson learned:

Any DC'er before lvl 20 and game is autodrawed. If your last guy to !draw you have to draw too.

So with the current rules Eldryan had a point and I made a mistake.
Q: Who is Zyzz?

dweiler
Plague Treant

Postby dweiler » Tue May 21, 2013 2:29 pm

This is starting to annoy me, but ok, one last time

supersexyy wrote:1. Both our solutions punish the disconnector, just that mine is more direct.
2. Its quite rare to win a game 3v4 (nearly always ends up being a waste of time and boring for all).
3. Irrelevant.

1. Your solution punishes the disconnector in a harsh way that is not needed. If you make non-intentional disconnecters lose more ELO they are unjustifiedly being punished for something they did not do. There is no need for such an abomination of a rule in my solution.
2. This is not true at all. In fact, I think I have only played 1 game out in the LIHL where 1 person disconnected. This time it was even worse, let me state the facts: 1. it was 3v3, so the disconnect (Feor) had an even greater influence. Feor was the top player of their team. The game went on for 20 minutes after that. We LOST the 3v2 (game = https://entgaming.net/findstats.php?id=1350756). As you can see, that game is from 16 days ago and I still remember it. Not because it was dull, boring and a waste of time, but because it was one of the most memorable and exciting games I played. Am i allowed to say 'irrelevant' to your argument now?
3. How is this irrelevant? Just because you say so? It seems highly relevant to me, because it shows that you do not 'punish' innocent players, but that they have 'bad luck'. If you look at it this way (combined with the fact that bad luck is evened out after a period of time) the need to draw disappears.

Lastly: I will make a new topic for this, as shown by Furbolg's comment on top of mine this thread has 2 subjects in 1 thread.
You don't stop playing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing.

BeepBoopBeep
Protector of Nature

Postby BeepBoopBeep » Tue May 21, 2013 2:33 pm

I don't think the draw rule should be changed, my view on this is that if people are gonna be punished for disconnecting then it effects me dearly because well i do dc/lag probably the most in LIHL its a well known fact... as for people thinking that i strategically am disconnecting it just comes down to my internet ever since i started playing legion i have had problems with autoban etc also i have dced after level 20 on level 4 etc i dunno how you can think this is strategically dcing.

like i said i like the rule as it is because i do disconnect and if im going to get punished for something i dont have any control over then it would cause me to play less and less.

willie64
Forest Walker

Postby willie64 » Tue May 21, 2013 7:14 pm

Its just a matter of ethics; imo on a fair (even) game, i dont mind to draw even after 20;
But when a game is decided by keeping good presure eg heavy leaking pre 10 resulting on crap income/value 10~20 makes me second think about drawing.

We saved from start lvl 14; (send pre 12, king till 14 start) with solid income. We held their mass send on lvl 16 resulting in an advantage on lvl 20; we could have done 2DD if you check logs you can see we could have done at least 5 demons EASELY. In the real match i didnt DD as it was 3v2. Imo that game was set to loose for east, check the replay and judge.

Only that reason, as we felt we had 100% game win we doubted the draw. I gave in the end cuz i truely dont give a fuck about elo, but I agree with Furbolg, regardless of the base rule.

Note, its what i think, not how i handle ingame :P

iightfyre
Corrupted Treant

Postby iightfyre » Tue May 21, 2013 7:40 pm

This thread is no longer about the !draw rule. You can refer to this thread for that please: !draw rule discussion

1. What I see in this replay is a DC. Beep reconnected multiple times with gproxy and then continued to play the game, it was not on his first lag spike that he immediately DC. Due to this, I do not see this as a PP. Case closed.

2. Furbolg did break the etiquette rules posted in this game by not drawing. This is a black and white violation. Furbolg will serve a 2 day LIHL-only ban for this and consider this the final warning for breaking etiquette rules. Case closed.

Please keep in mind that the rules and etiquette posts are YOUR responsibility to read before playing in the LIHL. We have already started issuing bans and final warning to multiple players. Please read the rules and etiquette thoroughly and know that we will take action if rules are broken.

iightfyre
Corrupted Treant

Postby iightfyre » Tue May 21, 2013 7:56 pm

I am locking this topic. The case is closed.

PS - The ELO will be nullified from this game.

Return to “LIHL Archive”