camping strategy

seacow
Forest Walker

camping strategy

Postby seacow » Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:20 pm

camping strategy, or passive farming is not inferior to activate farming(going out to hunt for lumber base) in some way.
Depending, on demography of player and type of titan, one might employ camping a strategy
Consider the fact that an unupgrade wall is slightly more health than a shelter and player tend to make shelter and various tech at middle
camping is a very variable way to win and will more likely to give you more gold feed than activate farming.
since the seed and lumber base nearby are employ by supporter, it provide good extra gold/exp income

demography of player
gold dependable player tend to stay at middle longer than wood dependable player.
two way to gauge demographic percentage
i would consider your first five minute this is the golden time, in this period of time most player are preparing lumber base, therefore this would be good exp and gold for item for efficient camping. supporter(mag,gob, rad,nat, demo) will stay at middle to rush for gold or prep up wall.
In the first five minute, gauging on the volume of player ( and their type) would give a good idea of the demographic.
The other way is through pearling ( as according to my "pearling" post)
if pearling two area and does not find lumber base much or none, this suggest a high demography of gold dependable player ( or you are unlucky)

type of titan
titan that has poor aoe nuking ability ( single target, 5 jump/fork) are suitable for camping( molt, volt, grant)
certain titan has huge middle punishing ability, in which they can control middle easily ( breeze, bubo's plague, molt's immolation)
minion that has better aoe nuking ability ( grant's minion has 900aoe)
minion that require to have lvls to be good ( glac's minion has similar nuke as main as well a op lv 7 avatar, foss minion cocoon)

take note that demologist, nat's army, and a bunch of hunter make this strategy risky but the gold will pay off well
also a rough guide 1 minute = 1.1k wood for baser( if they have both wood upgrades and a lumber base with 25 worker used)
most base can hold up to only 49tower, usually a base consist of 6 layer of walls [3inner + 3outer] and 30~36 towers
30~36 (super) tower + 6layers of wall is roughly at 15k wood
Therefore if a sudden reduced activity of supporter/baser at mid game, start finding the base

item set
which focus on dmg and attack speed, to improve efficiency at killing wall [upgrade wall]
a helm(30g) provide some dmg for walls
stacking it along with domi helm (~105g) provide ms aura, dmg aura and alot of dmg
http://blinkgaming.net/forums/topic/152 ... c-trident/
fiery claw (35g)
very good for camping, good to supplement with breeze (no orb) and foss (shitty orb)
http://blinkgaming.net/forums/topic/15233-fiery-claw/

Goal of camping is to earn sizable amount of gold as well a couple of minion, or end the game

How would i have camp it?
generally
pearl area 1 --> area 2---> area 3 (tp back) --> camp ( 2wotw,dead sat)
try get enough for helm or damaging item
and score a kill
send minion around nuking
main camp, if there a good response ( 2~3 builder rewalling)
else if a weak response ( 1 builder scurrying around, either kill him or scare him off ), no response ( go around for standalone structure but still a mild distance from mound)
depending on my resource, if i found a base, i would attack (testing the strength of the base)it and finally siege it.

Repairer is annoying, so tried to avoid those with 3~4 if when wall farming
attack the weaker side with lesser repairer or unupgrade wall

Marked
Treant Protector

Re: camping strategy

Postby Marked » Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:27 pm

Lol, (2wotw,dead sat)
Got it memorized?

TepidFever
Resource Storage

Postby TepidFever » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:24 am

I pearl area one > kill 1 > if builders all in mid tp mid > kill (2) >nuke (3) > everyone rq.
Pubs bad. Plus as a camping build I'd always carry like 2 wotw and a ward. 2 wotw sat, huntress, murloc, makrura or anyone else with tp and/or dash is easy kill. Ward is mainly if they attack you because they want to be cool > ward block > dead > rq.

seacow
Forest Walker

Postby seacow » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:02 am

Lol'd
Tepid Pubs-go-RQ strategy win!!

TepidFever
Resource Storage

Postby TepidFever » Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:31 am

Lol, just like the last few games.. I joined as titan and 5 people left D:.. Not to mention 'Marked' leaving every game I join if I join as titan. Bahaha.

Marked
Treant Protector

Postby Marked » Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:41 pm

Everyone knows I'm just a good a titan, as any of you, and I only left because idiotic people can't play against a decent titan, it's sad, and I'm not taking the ELO loss because of it. If there wasn't stats, I wouldn't care.
Got it memorized?

Burn
Protector of Nature

Postby Burn » Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:57 am

I still don't believe in offensive items unless you are maybe a Breeze or something, all you need whilst camping is a pearl, webbed feet, two wand of the winds and two wards, and get eternals ASAP. If you don't get a minion by then, let's just hope you know how to feed off mid walls and RCs/shelters.

-Burn

badgerwss
Basic Tree

Postby badgerwss » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:21 pm

This is dumb if you want to know how many golders/ builders are out check your allies list it will tell you pay attention to that. That will tell you if you should go look for lumber bases or camp mid easy fix

Return to “Titan”