"Nuking Without Pearling" - coming to a theater near you!

FollowingPath
Forest Walker

"Nuking Without Pearling" - coming to a theater near you!

Postby FollowingPath » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:27 pm

Mana is very important, both when roaming for levels and when sieging a base, so I made this little guide on how to nuke seeds and some lumber bases without having to spend mana on pearling/scouting the area. As you will see, some of these require a minion because the only way to get vision of some of the seeds is by standing outside of nuke range.
It's also worth noting that when nuking places that only require the main/a single minion for vision, the player will want to immediatly use the Hold command after nuking in order to prevent your unit from moving and losing vision.

And yes, this is screenshot-heavy, so you'll have to enable pictures.

SEEDS

Aztec Seeds
Spoiler!

Mound Seeds
Spoiler!
*You can gain vision of 3 of the workers with just 1 unit placed next to the seed to the east, the extra is for gaining vision of all 4.

*You can gain vision of 3 of the workers with the 1 southern unit, the extra is for gaining vision of all 4.

*This does not only give vision of all the workers in the seed, it also allows you to melee the northern worker and the seed.

Upper Right Seeds
Spoiler!

Upper Left Seed
Spoiler!

Lower Middle Seed
Spoiler!

BASES

Upper Fountain Base
Spoiler!
*You can get 3-6 workers here without pearling depending on the timing of the nuke and the spread of the workers.

Lower Left Lumber Base
Spoiler!

There might be more, this is just a compilation of the ones I know of. Feel free to try out other places on the map and post it here if you find anything.

-Burn

Edit: Here's the album of the screenshots for those who are stubborn https://imgur.com/a/90D91Pp
Last edited by FollowingPath on Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Yarragon
Treant

Re: "Nuking Without Pearling" - coming to a theater near you!

Postby Yarragon » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:33 pm

@followingpath Just use Imgur links ffs. The way ENT handles pictutres is stupid.
"Sura is a God dude, like for real."
-Burn/Timmy/Avion

iLendFences
Basic Tree

Postby iLendFences » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:31 pm

I can't see any of the pictures

FollowingPath
Forest Walker

Postby FollowingPath » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:04 pm

@iLendFences
Like Yarragon said, ENT's images are stupid. You have to right-click the image and open, then ignore the warning.

Yarragon
Treant

Postby Yarragon » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:33 pm

FollowingPath wrote:@iLendFences
Like Yarragon said, ENT's images are stupid. You have to right-click the image and open, then ignore the warning.

I refuse to click them unless you post them in a non-stupid way damn it.
These users thanked the author Yarragon for the post:
Panopticon (Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:54 pm)
"Sura is a God dude, like for real."
-Burn/Timmy/Avion

Lynx
Donator

Postby Lynx » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:42 pm

Thank you for this followingpath, I'm sure we all will put this to use.

I just want to comment that I'm an advocate for an early magic coral, it gives a near infinite mana pool so you will be able to rapidly increase your experience gain as you are able to nuke any nearby workers and use pearl and your scouting ability on cool down, especially if you plan your routes outside of goblin/dryad/magnataur seed locations. With an early coral you also have the ability to mound wotw which is pretty much a guaranteed early minion in a public game. I think followingpaths tricks is best used whenever your scouting ability or pearl is on cooldown, however this doesn't mean it shouldn't be used as a mana saving tool.

Return to “Titan”