You have to have the assumption that builders will not give you much feed, be it gold or exp feed. This style of play is for experienced titans that know how to use wotw and ward block to kill builders. Your main source of income will be builder gold and exp, and aim for early sieging and nuking turtles to prevent excessive lumber feed. You'll need exceptionally situational item builds depending on how fed you are and how early you have to siege.
Starting Item Builds:
Early game consumables:
Mid game items:
Late game items:
- If you don't have 3 minions for insta-chain nuke, then save your skill points (don't spend them just because) until you feel you need them. Cases when you need them - you are ganking a builder (WW or nuke point needed), or when you are early sieging and you need a level 2 nuke or WW). You can practise this in pubs easily, you'll find that a lot of the times you'll need an early lvl 2 nuke on your main titan. Higher level nukes get one extra worker feed anyway, and worker feeding is HUGE for titans, especially on the Bubonicus nuke, you MUST have at least a lvl 2 nuke. Do NOT waste your mana and skill point on an early skill point of bloodlust.
- Some titans get level 2 heal and level 1 nuke on lvl 3 minions when sieging, but I find a level 1 nuke and level 1 WW and saving up for a level 2 heal on minions is still best for sieging.
- Minions without good chain bounce heals generally have really good mini-minis, so don't bother on the heals, get your mini-minis and nukes. (this doesn't apply in pubs, don't waste your time getting mini-minis, you can generally just chain nuke them easily.
- Minions with bounce chain heals should conserve your skill points, keep one on nuke and the rest saved up until you reach level 5. At level 5, get lvl 2 nuke, lvl 2 heal and one WW to prepare for minion rush sieging.
HOW TO SIEGE:
This is the most advanced and important skill to possess.
Tips for sieging:
- Generally you should use every one of your skill points when you are about to siege, every single skill point helps, don't wait until lvl 5 to skill everything if you are about to siege.
- If you have 2 or less minions, consider getting level 2 nuke, or just don't siege until you farm more minions.
- Pass the titanic ward to another minion straight after you use it so it is never on CD.
- Some titans get level 2 heal and level 1 nuke on lvl 3 minions when sieging, but I find a level 1 nuke and level 1 WW and saving up for a level 2 heal on minions is still best for sieging, and get the level 2 heal when you need it. WW is really good for mini-rushes when they focus your minion, or when you WW your main titan.
- Always get a floating eye unless you have a sentry ward, or have enough minions to just use titanic wards for vision (assuming they don't have a flying hunter)
- Don't let the floating eye die or be in attack range of any of their units. The moment you see a tracker or a gnoll who might've set his sentry ward down, back your precious 8G eye off.
- Again, have at least 2-3 floating eyes if you are sieging the last base alive and there is no other feed.
- A lot of the times their lumber base is just a few steps away from free nukes - worker feed is huge, but careful of 100hp workers if they have a merchant.
- Always have a nuke on every single one of your minions.
- Don't get heal minions until your minions are level 4.
- Have minions close to your main titan when you are sieging. When you are backing a single unit, back every single unit so they don't block, or use WW. This generally happens after GP when the builder has megas that can just simply rape any low level minion.
- Always nuke the titan hunter. If you are not careful, a fed titan hunter will be very annoying, especially a Draenei or Nature hunter(tanker with fortified armour and avatar).
- When you see Euros quad-basing QQ in all caps then feed off noobs and rape the base later when you are level 16.
How to get a minion as a solo titan:
- Get early level 2 nukes. I get this even if I have a minion. This level 2 nuke on your main titan is useful for both sieging, farming, scouting and mini farming.
- Don't waste wotw if there are workers nearby for wotw detos. Use wards instead.
- Makrura and Gnoll are easily double wotw cancelled and killed even with worker detos. Practise this in pubs.
- Demonicus, Ogre, Morphling, taurens and Mags can be ward block killed.
- Pandas always have their split on CD. Remember when they split and wotw them when it is on CD.
- Faeries are always cocky with their wall walks and phase shift, just have a few wotw and wards ready when their escapes are on cooldown and they can become your food.
- Natures and dryads have low duration on their panics, remember this.
- Use your micro minions like Demonicus shade and Lucidious water minions to block wall walkers.
- Sats and Huntress give 20G and 30G respectively, so are prime targets for double wotw gold farming.
How to get more minions:
- Trap gank and kill. Remember to double nuke as soon as possible if they are trapped so that they will be trying to run out with red HP.
- Don't waste your money on a second pearl, your minions should be roaming around searching for tower bases. A pearl on your main titan with a magic coral will be much more efficient. If you want to make sure they don't base Eurobase or vagina base, place a floating eye in between the two bases.
- Don't let it go past GP, or it will make it 100x harder to play, since all good IH players get lumber fed like mad. This is probably the most important tip of all, titans barely make it past GP unless there are several bases up and you get to lvl 16 from all the Goddamn feed.
- Don't waste wotw or wards unless you are certain that you can kill the builder.
- Don't let, or try not to let, a single builder gold more than 45 gold, or they will get merchant (gnoll tracker) + lumber feed.
- Don't use WW or TP stick in vision.
- Try not to pearl in vision, both your pearler and make sure the location of the pearl spot is on top of the nearest group of trees or cliffs.
- Most builders will know what items you have if you walk around near shops (allied and enemy RCs), which reveal your inventory, so be careful of that.
- Wotw at the end of a 10s duration escape ability so you don't have to double wotw.
- Ward block early so that you don't miss, and double ward block if necessary to surprise buttsex.
- Ward blocking wall spots to catch wall walkers (sheep tag walkers too) off guard.
- Use a WW'd unit to catch wall walkers off guard (WW'd main titan), burrowed unit, or Demonicus's shade.
- Don't make the floating eye until you need to, in case you want to kill a filthy magnataur or Demo.
- Patrol your minions around the map when you get a magic coral + pearl on your main titan to feed off of lumber bases. IH players like to tower base either at Eurobase, top right, or vagina base.
- Chain nuking and chain healing costs a lot of mana, especially nuking hunters - be sure to conserve your mana if you don't have a life essence or get a greater regen. pot(8 gold consumable - pretty pricey, same price as a floater).
- Feed off of Marked.
EDIT: Made some paragraph additions, I know it's a little messy, I'll get to that soon.
To be continued.