How to titan against IH players

Burn
Protector of Nature

How to titan against IH players

Postby Burn » Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:08 am

How to play IDIHL as titan:

Introduction:

You have to have the assumption that builders will not give you much feed, be it gold or exp feed. This style of play is for experienced titans that know how to use wotw and ward block to kill builders. Your main source of income will be builder gold and exp, and aim for early sieging and nuking turtles to prevent excessive lumber feed. You'll need exceptionally situational item builds depending on how fed you are and how early you have to siege.

Item builds:

Chimaera Scours:
Spoiler!
SPAM CHIMAERA SCOUTS WHENEVER YOU REMEMBER! These are good for retrieving items when you nuke a lumber/tower base so the builders don't grab them, especially HP tomes. And obviously as the name suggests, they are awesome for scouting, especially when chasing builders.

Chimaera scouts are able to summon more chimaera scouts, and every scout has a separate item cooldown, so you can essentially scout the whole map just by a few chimaera scouts, or have a decked out scout camp a base.

Starting Item Builds:
Spoiler!
Wotw + wotw + Pearl + webbed feet
Ankh + feet + wotw
Ward + wotw + pearl + webbed feet (no need to wait for item cooldowns, good especially pre-3.0.6e)

Basically just get wotw and wards until you get 2 wotw, 2 wards, a pearl and a webbed feet, then you start building your eternals. You can ditch the pearl inside the mound if you are camping and want a triple ward block (i find this excessive and a waste of gold, but w/e. Remember to only use wotw or wards only on builders you KNOW you have the chance to kill.

Foss/Demonicus:
Spoiler!
If you get Foss or Demonicus and there are a lot of builders with high % feed rates, consider hanging onto your ankh to sell for a wind catcher, as you know there'll be a lot of early golders. A wind catcher isn't that bad of an item on Demonicus or Foss anyway, even Voltron since a lot of people like stacking SRAS(super regenerated armoured spines) on him. Besides, it can be counted as a 15G investment (triple ward block) if you sell the WC later on when you don't need it, and it comes with a free WW on a mini/main! The only problem with it is that early gold is precious and without other items like webbed feet and if builders know that you have a WC and plays like you're a normal titan, you're still better off with wards and wotw, so this is basically a one time thing, I've sold my WC after it was found out and it failed just to get more wotw/wards.

Early game consumables:
Spoiler!
Wotw (care for wotw detos)
Ward block
TP stick (When your TP is CD and you want to stray far from base)
Regen pot (When you are low on mana/hp but you don't have time to waste at mid)

Mid game items:
Spoiler!
At least 2 floating eyes in case they destroy it, it runs out, or you need a floater to kill a hunter or something. Floating eyes are also good for scouting a particular base. (eurobase)
Teleport stick on main (just in case?)
Titanic wards if you plan to have any more than 2 minions. Trust me, it's worth it.

Late game items:
Spoiler!
You should already have floating eyes + titanic wards.

Life essence (LE)- for mana sustain, nuking and chain healing costs a lot of mana.
Armour of fate (AoF) - For +10 armour (really good), evasion and damage block. Shield of fates are also extremely good for build-up.
Super regenerative armoured spines (SRAS) - For +3 armour and INSANE HEALS.

If you have heal minions, get life essence. You'll need it.
If you are poor and can't afford an SRAS(super regen. armoured spines) and need to siege immediately, get a helm of command.
If you don't have heal minions, get a magic coral for mana, stack SRAS. If it is after GP, build an AOF(Armour of fate, unless you are volt, then get SRAS or life essence - AOF doesn't fully stack with Voltron)

Skill builds:

• If you don't have 3 minions for insta-chain nuke, then save your skill points (don't spend them just because) until you feel you need them. Cases when you need them - you are ganking a builder (WW or nuke point needed), or when you are early sieging and you need a level 2 nuke or WW). You can practise this in pubs easily, you'll find that a lot of the times you'll need an early lvl 2 nuke on your main titan. Higher level nukes get one extra worker feed anyway, and worker feeding is HUGE for titans, especially on the Bubonicus nuke, you MUST have at least a lvl 2 nuke. Do NOT waste your mana and skill point on an early skill point of bloodlust.
  • Some titans get level 2 heal and level 1 nuke on lvl 3 minions when sieging, but I find a level 1 nuke and level 1 WW and saving up for a level 2 heal on minions is still best for sieging.
  • Minions without good chain bounce heals generally have really good mini-minis, so don't bother on the heals, get your mini-minis and nukes. (this doesn't apply in pubs, don't waste your time getting mini-minis, you can generally just chain nuke them easily.
  • Minions with bounce chain heals should conserve your skill points, keep one on nuke and the rest saved up until you reach level 5. At level 5, get lvl 2 nuke, lvl 2 heal and one WW to prepare for minion rush sieging.

HOW TO SIEGE:
This is the most advanced and important skill to possess.

Tips for sieging:
  • Generally you should use every one of your skill points when you are about to siege, every single skill point helps, don't wait until lvl 5 to skill everything if you are about to siege.
  • If you have 2 or less minions, consider getting level 2 nuke, or just don't siege until you farm more minions.
  • Pass the titanic ward to another minion straight after you use it so it is never on CD.
  • Some titans get level 2 heal and level 1 nuke on lvl 3 minions when sieging, but I find a level 1 nuke and level 1 WW and saving up for a level 2 heal on minions is still best for sieging, and get the level 2 heal when you need it. WW is really good for mini-rushes when they focus your minion, or when you WW your main titan.
  • Always get a floating eye unless you have a sentry ward, or have enough minions to just use titanic wards for vision (assuming they don't have a flying hunter)
  • Don't let the floating eye die or be in attack range of any of their units. The moment you see a tracker or a gnoll who might've set his sentry ward down, back your precious 8G eye off.
  • Again, have at least 2-3 floating eyes if you are sieging the last base alive and there is no other feed.
  • A lot of the times their lumber base is just a few steps away from free nukes - worker feed is huge, but careful of 100hp workers if they have a merchant.
  • Always have a nuke on every single one of your minions.
  • Don't get heal minions until your minions are level 4.
  • Have minions close to your main titan when you are sieging. When you are backing a single unit, back every single unit so they don't block, or use WW. This generally happens after GP when the builder has megas that can just simply rape any low level minion.
  • Always nuke the titan hunter. If you are not careful, a fed titan hunter will be very annoying, especially a Draenei or Nature hunter(tanker with fortified armour and avatar).
  • When you see Euros quad-basing QQ in all caps then feed off noobs and rape the base later when you are level 16.

How to get a minion as a solo titan:
  • Get early level 2 nukes. I get this even if I have a minion. This level 2 nuke on your main titan is useful for both sieging, farming, scouting and mini farming.
  • Don't waste wotw if there are workers nearby for wotw detos. Use wards instead.
  • Makrura and Gnoll are easily double wotw cancelled and killed even with worker detos. Practise this in pubs.
  • Demonicus, Ogre, Morphling, taurens and Mags can be ward block killed.
  • Pandas always have their split on CD. Remember when they split and wotw them when it is on CD.
  • Faeries are always cocky with their wall walks and phase shift, just have a few wotw and wards ready when their escapes are on cooldown and they can become your food.
  • Natures and dryads have low duration on their panics, remember this.
  • Use your micro minions like Demonicus shade and Lucidious water minions to block wall walkers.
  • Sats and Huntress give 20G and 30G respectively, so are prime targets for double wotw gold farming.

How to get more minions:
  • Trap gank and kill. Remember to double nuke as soon as possible if they are trapped so that they will be trying to run out with red HP.

Tips:
  • Don't waste your money on a second pearl, your minions should be roaming around searching for tower bases. A pearl on your main titan with a magic coral will be much more efficient. If you want to make sure they don't base Eurobase or vagina base, place a floating eye in between the two bases.
  • Don't let it go past GP, or it will make it 100x harder to play, since all good IH players get lumber fed like mad. This is probably the most important tip of all, titans barely make it past GP unless there are several bases up and you get to lvl 16 from all the Goddamn feed.
  • Don't waste wotw or wards unless you are certain that you can kill the builder.
  • Don't let, or try not to let, a single builder gold more than 45 gold, or they will get merchant (gnoll tracker) + lumber feed.
  • Don't use WW or TP stick in vision.
  • Try not to pearl in vision, both your pearler and make sure the location of the pearl spot is on top of the nearest group of trees or cliffs.
  • Most builders will know what items you have if you walk around near shops (allied and enemy RCs), which reveal your inventory, so be careful of that.
  • Wotw at the end of a 10s duration escape ability so you don't have to double wotw.
  • Ward block early so that you don't miss, and double ward block if necessary to surprise buttsex.
  • Ward blocking wall spots to catch wall walkers (sheep tag walkers too) off guard.
  • Use a WW'd unit to catch wall walkers off guard (WW'd main titan), burrowed unit, or Demonicus's shade.
  • Don't make the floating eye until you need to, in case you want to kill a filthy magnataur or Demo.
  • Patrol your minions around the map when you get a magic coral + pearl on your main titan to feed off of lumber bases. IH players like to tower base either at Eurobase, top right, or vagina base.
  • Chain nuking and chain healing costs a lot of mana, especially nuking hunters - be sure to conserve your mana if you don't have a life essence or get a greater regen. pot(8 gold consumable - pretty pricey, same price as a floater).
  • Feed off of Marked.

Advanced discussion/brainstorm:
Spoiler!
You'll get feed from early game nuking workers (possibly even fruit trees) from lumber bases, seeds, mid RCs (rare), or un-upgraded mid walls (mag, sat, goblin or nature comes to mind). If you can not find a lumber base, don't roam around the map for feed, un-upgraded walls are great wall feed, especially if it is preventing builders from golding. Just make sure you never try and kill upgraded walls unless you think it will somehow lead to a kill.

If you get a random item that isn't very useful, even an armour of fate (extremely late game item), then feel free to sell it for early gold. Early gold means the world in these games. This is also why you shouldn't waste wotw or wards on builders just to waste cooldowns, that 5 gold will surely bite you in the ass when you run out of wotw to kill a builder.

This stage is crucial for an early minion, the builders and supporters are getting fed with lumber, and they can early base at any time. without a minion, you will not be able to stop the cursed lumber feed by pearling near secret shop and getting your minion to kill the turtle. An alternative to a no-minion scenario could just be sending a floating eye to a base you think they'll base at, and hopefully grab a minion or two. This floating eye will be useful if you get early starting gold from selling a randomed item, or even random a webbed feet or something.

Be sure you get a minion as early as you can whilst attempting to feed without giving builders much gold (RCs, unupgraded walls, nuking workers (don't siege bases, they are full denied and normally have an upgraded wall, unless you want to TP back when the builder is deto-ing/full denying) then WW or TP'ing back mid.

When you kill a minion, and you should, kill mid walls with minion while your main titan roams around the back to trap huddled up builders. You don't even need WW, just double nuke with minion and main titan and they should all be around one hit away, easy kills this should work 90% of the time even against pro players. You can even pearl first in the high ground to see which corner to go to.

Good. now, what do you do with a second minion? This is the second stage of early game.

You should have webbed feet, 1 ward, 2 wotw and a pearl if you don't have an anti-invis skill like shade/sentry stone. WW is also optional, you should wait to skill which skill you need when needed.

Don't forget that every few seconds away from the gold mound with 10 builders golding means your feed may not even be worth it, so don't bother following wall walkers you can't kill

Mid game (after mini): You will have your first minion, +10 to +30 gold, get your eternal ward, an eye of the ocean and two wotw (ALWAYS HAVE AT LEAST TWO). Use the minion to clear mid walls, but be careful of mid ganks.

EDIT: Made some paragraph additions, I know it's a little messy, I'll get to that soon.

To be continued.
-Burn
Last edited by Burn on Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:04 am, edited 9 times in total.

aRt)Y
Protector of Nature

Re: How to titan against IH players

Postby aRt)Y » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:27 am

That will surely come in handy, +1

You might want to add buying the chimera for scouting.
    Information, Rules, Guides and everything else you need to know about ENT is on the ENT Wiki.
      Ignorantia juris non excusat • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? • Fallacy of composition

Roxen
Armored Tree

Postby Roxen » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:14 pm

i had a 2 years break of id and was suprised by teh chimare scout ? What exactly is the purpouse of it ? Early scout ( u can stack buy it and scout so pretty far) item deliver ? I never saw a tit use it as a curier
Random for the lolz.
youtube.com/watch?v=6Cs3Pvmmv0E ^^

Burn
Protector of Nature

Postby Burn » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:28 pm

Roxen wrote:i had a 2 years break of id and was suprised by teh chimare scout ? What exactly is the purpouse of it ? Early scout ( u can stack buy it and scout so pretty far) item deliver ? I never saw a tit use it as a curier
Aside from scouting, I think the main thing I love about the scout is to pick-up items in bases and seeds to piss people off.

Also, I hate calling it chimaera scout instead of chimera scout.

-Burn

Roxen
Armored Tree

Postby Roxen » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:30 pm

i apologize for my bad grammar ( german scum xD)
Random for the lolz.

Burn
Protector of Nature

Postby Burn » Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:28 am

Roxen wrote:i apologize for my bad grammar ( german scum xD)

Blame @Neco.

Anyway, I'm updating this topic now, so stay tuned.

-Burn

Roxen
Armored Tree

Postby Roxen » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:57 pm

@Burn maybe its kinda lame , but you can use the fact , that tehy arent allowed to eb in the first 5 min. In average i agree with yout guide, but teh titel is IH titan

Quote: This stage is crucial for an early minion, the builders and supporters are getting fed with lumber, and they can early base at ANY ?! time. without a minion, you will not be able to stop the cursed lumber feed by pearling near secret shop and getting your minion to kill the turtle. An alternative to a no-minion scenario could just be sending a floating eye to a base you think they'll base at, and hopefully grab a minion or two. This floating eye will be useful if you get early starting gold from selling a randomed item, or even random a webbed feet or something.

P.S. : nice and helpful guide, still hate being tit xD, greetings Roxen
Random for the lolz.

Burn
Protector of Nature

Postby Burn » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:08 pm

Roxen wrote:@Burn maybe its kinda lame , but you can use the fact , that tehy arent allowed to eb in the first 5 min. In average i agree with yout guide, but teh titel is IH titan

Quote: This stage is crucial for an early minion, the builders and supporters are getting fed with lumber, and they can early base at ANY ?! time. without a minion, you will not be able to stop the cursed lumber feed by pearling near secret shop and getting your minion to kill the turtle. An alternative to a no-minion scenario could just be sending a floating eye to a base you think they'll base at, and hopefully grab a minion or two. This floating eye will be useful if you get early starting gold from selling a randomed item, or even random a webbed feet or something.

P.S. : nice and helpful guide, still hate being tit xD, greetings Roxen

Took me a little while to figure out your point, but yeah, that new rule is nice, but then again you can meet IH players in pubs too.

-Burn

Return to “Titan”