BurnShady's titan guide

Burn
Protector of Nature

BurnShady's titan guide

Postby Burn » Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:02 am

PREFACE: This guide was made for inhouses, but I recently tested this in public games, and the results were dramatic, to say the least. Of course, this is the way most titans play already, I personally just personally phased out of this style of play, but now that I've come back, this is going to be my bread and butter from now on, now that public game skill quality has gone up from the BGN trash pub times, where I ended nearly every game under 10 minutes.

Okay, so I loved these grunt inhouses, I had loads of fun it it, I get to do all sorts of shit like worker block, rewall and other fun shit. But the thing I got most out of the inhouses is a completely different playstyle, the EXP farming strat:

Replay information:
Spoiler!
Modes: br, froff, no euro
Version: 3.0.9d
Duration: 27:16
Builders:
  • Lynx-
  • ShiroKami (Grunt level builder)
  • FollowingPath (Peon)
  • voidkiller (Pub)
  • wastedlander (Peon)
  • BeeKauzh (Shaman)
  • Carnerox (feeder)
  • IDTitan (Rusty Grunt)
  • narbtit (peon)
  • TooNoobForU (Shaman)
Titan: BurnShady (Moltenious)
Referee: None
Firstblood: Wastedlander (peon)
Top worker feeders: FollowingPath > Voidkiller > IDTitan
Solo baser massive feeder: Carnerox
Winner: Titan

Titan item build:
Keep ankh, buy wotw (save 5G)
Webbed feet + wotw
Always have wotwx2 on main titan
Pearl
Gem of haste
Magic coral
titanic wards
consumable healing ward (i used this during minion rush in case I forgot to pass the ward after using)
(BG) Berzerkers Gem
(LE) life essence
(SRAS) Super regen armoured spines (should've got gauntlets of rage, on second thought)

Here's the replay: https://entgaming.net/replay/view_repla ... 307544.w3g

Tips for inhouse titan:

• The two most important things about titan is prevent golding, and EXP feed.
  • Minions are third most important, because they allow you to farm gold faster, prevent re-wall, scout, and prevent golding. By preventing gold, it gives space for your main titan to go around the map farming EXP. Remember, lvl 7 titan is more important than life essence.
  • With lvl 7 titan (lvl 4 heal), you can basically siege most super tower bases with ease, provided with 2-3 minions.
  • Obviously the first two or three minions is the most important, keep a lot of WOTW on yourself, the opportunity will present itself.
  • Only go for easy builder kills, don't worry about chasing a builder all the way around the map just to get one measely minion early. Too many early minions, however, is actually a bad thing, because it usually means there is one extremely strong base, and you have all these low level minions with no EXP or gold feed.
  • Mid or late game will land you a high lvl minion for heal minions, so it's worth it. But early on, just focus on EXP feed on main, and preventing builders from golding. Over-golded builders spells a near-sure loss, unless builders throw the game with solo bases.
  • Always have lvl 1 WW + nuke skilled on minions/titan, I can't tell you how many times it has saved my game or won me the game with WW nuke because of it. Save your skill points in case you want to get lvl 2 nuke. If you don't need it, then when your minions hit 4, get lvl 2 heal.
  • Last but not least, practise titan a LOT in pubs before playing titan in inhouses, that way you have your item and skill build at the top of your head, and playstyle should always be acting like you're playing against inhouse players 24/7. That means no floater sync nuke (I admit I still do these just for fun though) & a tonne of ward blocks and WOTW spamming. This way you'll always be ready to rape.
  • Don't sell your ankh. It allows ankh jumping which is incredibly hard to counter if you haven't jump proofed your base, and you also get to have your heal CD basically resetted, or have an instant TP time. It's worth a lot more than 15G, even if it's early gold.

The reason why I wrote this guide & my tested theory: I've always thought that getting as many minions as possible is key to winning, because if you had a tonne of minions, it's impossible to re-wall. But no, since there is Demonologist and OP walls and OP truesight on Gnoll/Demo, this is not so any more, because lvl 2-3 minions can't withstand going deep to nuke without WWing back out to prevent a death. But, this was always my play-style, basically to get as many minions as I possibly can. If done extremely well, builders won't even be able to base because the minions will scout and prevent tower bases from even being made. And after 5 or 6 builder kills, that'd get roughly enough gold (with extra building feed) for life essence, titanic wards, floating eye and more.

I lost a few inhouses because of crazy experimental item builds like rushing energy rod after titanic wards, and stacking super regenerative armoured scales, and lost some because I sell my ankh and playing too recklessly or ward blocking with half health.

I found out that the main reason why I won inhouses was because:
  • Builders sucked and gave me 8 minions in under 10 minutes, which means they can't base
  • Lucky pearls or lucky scouts resulting in multiple minions or massive feed
  • Super EXP fed titan

I rarely have games where the first base I sieged I am extremely gold fed since inhouse builders don't really feed that much gold, I usually siege bases with just titanic ward/floating eye/magic coral (occassionally i get enough for life essence).

So, out of these three, I think the most reliable way to play titan in an inhouse is through EXP feed. Keeping builders alive to rush a LVL 7 titan. Especially with -froff, you can feed even off the same builders, unlike pubs where I usually get builders to like 30% EXP feed then get stuck at lvl 6.

I never changed, and still haven't completely changed my play-style yet, because the play-style worked so well in pubs. until recently I began to have trouble winning because I was spamming Bubonicus 4.0.0, and Bubonicus 4.0.0 kinda sucks without a tonne of EXP feed. I'd early siege strong bases like a 30G radio base with arctic walls with lvl 6 Bubonicus and five or six minions. The way I won was to prevent re-wall and minion-rush to victory - Only lost one minion, was pretty proud actually, considering the rust. (my last game)

But I looked back to the inhouse game, and since I haven't been titaning much (elo builder farm), I did something I never do, like, ever. I gave my minions away. I gave 90% of my minions to Lynx- to micro, he did a great job, since he is also a good titan player. But my play-style then changed drastically. I started to care not as much for preventing bases from being made, and not focusing so much on minion kills any more. I cared more about EXP feed and cutting off lumber supply. So all I did that basically cost me no micro, was to go around the map getting a fucktonne of EXP feed. In the end, before I started sieging, it was around 15minute to GP, and I was something like lvl 8 or something. I figured I didn't need feed, so I killed the builders inside after I broke the base (I remember it being a little hard to break, but obviously wasn't too hard)

Then, I was lvl 9, with SRAS/LE/BG, I didn't even have to slow siege the base or prevent re-wall, I just went straight through a full super (around 35 tower) morphling base.

I think this revolutionized how I play titan completely, I've always taught other titans to use minions to gold and main titan to get EXP, but I never told them not to bother about minions that much. Also, the gem of haste I randomed helped a tonne, without it I don't think I would get as much feed, since I plowed through the wall faster than they deto'd. Actually, I'm a filthy Molt picker, haha.

EDIT: After a replay watch to review the game: I didn't actually random the gem of haste, I bought it to farm faster
EDIT2: FollowingPath and Voidkiller actually fed more workers than IDTitan
EDIT3: Formatting, added bullet points so it doesn't look as much like a wall of text
EDIT4: Changed title from inhouse titan guide to titan guide, this works doubly well because public players feed a shittonne, and there are insane amounts of solo bases every game.

-Burn
Last edited by Burn on Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:11 pm, edited 10 times in total.

lordmillt
Treant

Re: BurnShady's inhouse titan guide

Postby lordmillt » Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:23 am

@burnshady dont tell me that u wrote this cuz i failed the first game as tit? Lol.
Having an unstable internet connection or a high risk of lagging out? Are you tired of losing a won game because you disconnected?
    Do not worry, there are solutions to solve your problem!
    • ENT Connect is a on LAN connection based reconnection tool (no cd-keys needed).
    • GProxy++(Varlock) is a reconnection tool for the battle.net with an external prompt.
    • GProxy++ DLL is a reconnection plugin for battle.net (Recommended).
    For technical issues or questions, post a topic in the technical support forum.

http://www.twitch.tv/linco2 Check it out :=)

Burn
    Protector of Nature

Postby Burn » Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:24 am

No lol, I wrote it because I found a new play-style for myself in in-houses. Nothing to do with anyone else.

-Burn

TooNoobForU
    Treant Protector

Postby TooNoobForU » Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:46 am

hi you picked molt.

thats all.

Burn
    Protector of Nature

Postby Burn » Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:10 am

I could try to fish up some old replays, I don't play titan much in inhouses, I'm a royal pub stomper, and my win rate in inhouses as titan isn't the greatest because I don't share my minions, but I'm learning!

A few other ways I won:

1) Chain sync nuke from the back of the base @ top right, always keeping three lvl 1 nuke minis at the lumber area. The minions swung around the back in fog so the builder didn't know the minions were there. As usual, this was the last base, and I had like 8+ minions. It was a double base. Also, secret shop was camped to prevent lumber feed.
    2) -Froff, I used Bubonicus short WW CD to nuke euro and top right for massive worker EXP. Secret shop was camped to prevent lumber feed.
    3) But most of my titan inhouse wins were wotw + ward block spamming then running over enhanced/basic EBs with mass minions. Now that inhouse players are playing a lot more safe, I don't buy as many wards and WOTWs to spam with, but get an earlier gem of haste or magic coral for damage instead.

-Burn

SpiritBreaker
    Forest Walker

Postby SpiritBreaker » Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:32 pm

Also, the berzerkers Gem I randomed

Gem of Haste*.

@Burn

~~~

So are you suggesting that given the opportunity to kill a baser early on, someone who cannot become a thorn in the foot when sieging a base, you should leave them alive instead for more LBs with precious workers to be nuked and perhaps even non-denied buildings?

On second thought however, I feel like one would want at least a few minions before letting basers go, no?
    Last edited by SpiritBreaker on Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:38 pm, edited 4 times in total.
    SpiritFryer@USEast
    My Twitch stream

Burn
    Protector of Nature

Postby Burn » Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:34 pm

SpiritBreaker wrote:
    Also, the berzerkers Gem I randomed

Gem of Haste*.

@Burn

Cheers.

-Burn

SpiritBreaker
    Forest Walker

Postby SpiritBreaker » Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:38 pm

I almost always edit my posts after submitting them.

See previous post for further stuff.
    SpiritFryer@USEast
    My Twitch stream

Burn
    Protector of Nature

Postby Burn » Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:53 pm

SpiritBreaker wrote:I almost always edit my posts after submitting them.

See previous post for further stuff.

Next time just make another reply unless your post is the last post, then you should edit your post instead of double posting.
    SpiritBreaker wrote:So are you suggesting that given the opportunity to kill a baser early on, someone who cannot become a thorn in the foot when sieging a base, you should leave them alive instead for more LBs with precious workers to be nuked and perhaps even non-denied buildings?

On second thought however, I feel like one would want at least a few minions before letting basers go, no?
    No, get all easy builder kills, just don't go for the builder kill halfway across the map with multiple entrances and OP escapes, like a Gnoll/Murloc/Demo. If you suspect them of carrying a TP stick, it's also not a good idea to try to aim them, since any time you waste your main titan's time, you are not feeding, and you're letting the builders farm lumber.

But, never spare a life. The extra minion and free vision is very worth it. The builders themselves also give significant EXP feed and gold feed. In the replay, I killed the arachnid early, which helped me secure multiple kills and prevented other players from golding. The second kill on Lynx- was a fluke because he still had TP, but I started getting easy minion kills from there. If there were no easy minion kills, I'd have to stick to EXP farming. I was just especially lucky that game with the easy minion kills, usually it'll cost me at least one or two WOTWs. I still got a tonne of EXP just from workers, which is what won me the game.

What I'm referencing is how I used to play was aim all the builders down and mow them to the ground. The builders themselves give significant

-Burn

Return to “Titan”