Structure jumping

Lynx
Donator

Structure jumping

Postby Lynx » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:35 am

Structure jumping is definitely one of the greatest ways to confuse and escape the titan that is seldom utilized. I will share ones I use the most and perhaps you will share some too so we can increase our vast knowledge together.

I will try to organize them from top left to bottom right.
Trident south jump
Trident north jump
Tomb north jump
Broken fountain east jump
Broken fountain north jump
River west jump
Square east jump
Circle south jump
Vagina east jump
Euro south jump
Lumber cove west jump
Mound lumber seed south jump
Paradise south jump
Bay north jump

I like to maximize my lumber income in the middle game by sitting in one of these spots and lumber with my main builder, if the titan were to come I'd escape by jumping out and have a quick distance advantage. If you are interested in how jumping works my guide from 2015 about it is still relevant, you can find it here viewtopic.php?f=104&t=63993#JUMPING
Last edited by Lynx on Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author Lynx for the post:
Burn (Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:10 pm)

Burn
Protector of Nature

Re: Structure jumping

Postby Burn » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:11 pm

Very nice guide, I was always planning on doing a guide on this with just pictures but was always super lazy. And gifs/videos are so much better. Keep it up!

Although a minor suggestion, I think doing walls as the last jump and building more RC 4x4 instead of so many shelters/fruit trees would be better & faster.

- On some jumps it's faster to just use more RC buildings
- It'll stop demo/draenei players from leaving behind a tonne of walls or fruit trees that'll feed the titan and show that you've done a wall jump recently.

-Burn

Lynx
Donator

Postby Lynx » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:16 pm

The square jump needs shelters as the last buildings so your builder is close to the corner. The bay base jump I found was easy to remember with a RC followed by 6 fruits right of the lumber area, however each to their own in what they feel is faster/easier to remember :)

Burn
Protector of Nature

Postby Burn » Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:36 pm

1) For example for broken fountain jump, I prefer to just use four fruit trees and one RC for ez jumps
2) Tomb north you can just use two RC instead of 3 shelters (also easier to cancel if you are demo/draenei)

Also, can you add the jump from outside of river base to inside with two walls and one RC, and the EZ jump at mid

But yeah sometimes it's up to the user to which they prefer

-Burn

Return to “Builders”