Economies of food

seacow
Forest Walker

Economies of food

Postby seacow » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:31 am

Food is a resource that is needed for constructing tower as well for hiring worker to harvest wood.
Food ,cap at 150 maximum,are obtain when you built food source which vary with builder.
Specify speaking to easy builder race; (those that construct fruit as food source as they usually have similar harvest rate,e.g. gnoll). Normally(up to second lumber upgrade), you have 30k wood after 30minute. Although it is possible to obtain a higher amount of wood <40k at the same given time, but there is several limiting factor; distance worker has to travel, how fast you wood up and how long does it survive etc.
[spoiler=]total wood,L is derived from the amount of worker,a of their harvest,r and time,t(min)
a.r.t=L
a.r.t = L
25xrx30=30000
r=40
rate of worker is 40wood per minute[/spoiler]
Since it take 6 food to hire 1 worker, let say the rate of harvest for worker is 40 wood per minute
for comparison sake 1 food would be equivalent of 6.67 wood per minute.
Therefore for each tower(1 food), there is an opportunity cost of 6.67 (or a lot more actually,<9)wood per minute , in perceptive >200wood per tower in 30min time span.

However, the point of this post is not to discourage early base, for it has it own advantage , rather to illustrate the efficiency of food management.
instead of spamming a lot of tower, rather have just the right amount of tower against the titan, and slowly increase the amount of tower by interval of 6 when you have the wood(since a worker is 6food)

A preference method and one significant reason why i like merchant, a mega is roughly 1/4 stronger than a super and therefore u can reduce the needed amount of tower by 1/3 or 1/4 and slowly add on tower when you have enough.(generally effective if titan is lone and under level 7)As merchant, has upgrade to improve harvest rate and a special tower effect (dranei has orb)

aRt)Y
Protector of Nature

Re: Economies of food

Postby aRt)Y » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:28 am

seacow wrote:cap at 150 maximum

There's more.
    Information, Rules, Guides and everything else you need to know about ENT is on the ENT Wiki.
      Ignorantia juris non excusat • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? • Fallacy of composition

seacow
Forest Walker

Postby seacow » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:02 am

yes indeed, however that is possible due to a glitch in the game engine.
upgrading dryad tower from lv 7 to lv 8 using mana
dropping item that use food and rebuilt them after maxing out food (150).

Roxen
Armored Tree

Postby Roxen » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:17 am

the highest food i got was 195 with dryard. Your post is kinda intresting. Also would be intresting would be if seeding is better then a 1 shelter lumber base. Cause of the Build time and Run paths of worker. I think i long run seeding is way better, but u also lose early golding time. I m atm more a lumber base fan and build some seeeds when tit camps mid. Also not enough seeds for all builders.
Random for the lolz.
youtube.com/watch?v=6Cs3Pvmmv0E ^^

aRt)Y
Protector of Nature

Postby aRt)Y » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:49 pm

Seeding depends on the titan. It's not a always-perfect-strategy.
    Information, Rules, Guides and everything else you need to know about ENT is on the ENT Wiki.
      Ignorantia juris non excusat • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? • Fallacy of composition

seacow
Forest Walker

Postby seacow » Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:09 pm

very useful, if you are very jewish with your wood

Germaphobe
Armored Tree

Postby Germaphobe » Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:24 am

whenever i early base
titan is fed asf.
so i got to max tower.
Mak best for EB because of extra workers imo

Burn
Protector of Nature

Postby Burn » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:24 am

Draenei still most OP early baser. I still prefer massing towers first then upgrading as it gives more DPS, this topic misses out on the scenario of a supporter lumber pooling. I rarely early base these days unless I have a lumber feeder or double baser with a micro-seeder or one of us that'll seed (draenei).

Also next time, leave out the mathematics, it's a waste of time, not many (if any) will be interested in it, so it's a waste of time if you aren't comparing statistics.

EDIT: I found this which might be interesting to you Seacow, it seems you have a lot of interest in providing knowledge to new players.

-Burn

seacow
Forest Walker

Postby seacow » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:43 pm

indeed i like to explore idea theoretically and share my thought on peer sharing platform. i do take note that many people do not like mathematical expression (heck what the point of learning it in school, if you are not going to apply it? ;D), therefore "spoiler".
Yes, indeed lumber pooling, that another article to be mentioned about, do you proposed i start it?
However the article deal with scarcity of food in relevant of wood, and how i strategics a plan in revelation.

Roxen
Armored Tree

Postby Roxen » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:10 pm

We could calculate the shit out ofthis xD LIke we could implement teh run time of workers, then how fast u can get lumber harvest upgrades or the titan risk Factor. But i think the best strat is always game dependened. ( Btw Seacow keep it up, like to read about your thoughts)
Random for the lolz.

Roxen
Armored Tree

Postby Roxen » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:12 pm

seacow wrote:indeed i like to explore idea theoretically and share my thought on peer sharing platform.

Keep it up, props.

seacow wrote: i do take note that many people do not like mathematical expression (heck what the point of learning it in school, if you are not going to apply it? ;D),

Liked it ^^ You can also add teh delivery time of worker, then how fast u can get teh lumber harvest up, the wood amount worker can carry, or teh titan risk factor (x) ^^
Random for the lolz.

jim109109
Resource Storage

Postby jim109109 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:06 pm

But if you did that, that would cause hyperactive emprobable situation creating 4x4 gas chamber for its flux capacity unless the engine is quarntine it can produce 9 so therfore creating the neptunes harmonizer stage

Lol thats what you sound like

seacow
Forest Walker

Postby seacow » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:22 pm

wow i feel sorry for your comprehension capacity then

Marked
Treant Protector

Postby Marked » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:10 pm

Seacow stop posting lengthy long things about stuff we already know.....
<Highest food 205
Got it memorized?

Virulence
Donator

Postby Virulence » Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:31 am

Marked wrote:Highest food 205

False, highest food is 225, through it's inefficient as hell. (75 dryad towers, 0 workers)
lionsblood wrote:...im a professional map maker...

Stealing others' work and calling it your own doesn't make you a professional map maker.

Return to “Builders”