Just a small tip about lumber bases

Burn
Protector of Nature

Just a small tip about lumber bases

Postby Burn » Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:29 am

This tip is for mid to late game lumber bases.

Setting up a full deny base up behind a single wall entrance base (a good mass walling base), then making another lumber base elsewhere that is un-nukable with just using shelters as stall buildings.

This way, you will always have two lumber bases up, and always have 150 food and RC without needing to upgrade more than one wall.

Allowing 24/7 workers lumbering in case titan gibs one of your lumber bases, you just re-make another one until you have enough lumber to build a base.

Step by step:

1) Setup a full deny lumber base at a single entrance so you don't have to upgrade more than one front wall and pump workers, one worker at the back to prevent worker feed. (learn how to setup a full deny lumber base here: http://www.islanddefense.org/forum/inde ... 947.0.html)
2) Go to a lumber base that has un-nukable workers and detonate workers from the full deny lumber base and pump them there instead. Use only shelters if you want for less lumber wasted.
3) If your worker lumber base gets killed, you can remake it without making more fruits/rc/shelters.
4) If your full deny base gets killed, you can slowly make your full deny base without feeding by attacking your buildings while you build them and it'll be easier because you don't have to pump workers.

- Denying bases are a breeze because you either don't have to deto workers, or there's no need to deto your full deny base.
- If both bases are sieged simultaneously, then deto first then deny buildings.

-Burn

narbtit
Forest Walker

Re: Just a small tip about lumber bases

Postby narbtit » Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:32 pm

This is why I don't like lumber basers it is pretty complex/hard to make lumber bases. I only play classes that can seed like nat/mag and no worries.

Stealer
Protector of Nature

Postby Stealer » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:29 pm

wtf, its super easy to make a lumber base.
Plop down a shelter
Plop down 6 fruits
Poop out 150f & Det fruits
Make 6 walls

Titan nvr attack it cause it has 6 walls.

Burn
Protector of Nature

Postby Burn » Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:27 pm

That's the premise to mass walling. But if you're a baser with no gold income, it'll burn more wood if titan aims you, which can be a problem. That's why it's not recommended to mass wall if there's a minion.

Only basing in 4+ wall areas is also not recommended because it makes you obvious if you only base at the best mass walling bases, and having only one lumber base up at a time can mean you might have no lumber income for a significant amount of time due to titan following you around the map after killing your lumber base.

With two lumber bases far enough apart, it makes it much harder for the titan to halt your lumber income.

There's actually a tactic in vampirism fire where the builder makes 5+ lumber bases so that you always have lumber income 24/7.

-Burn

TooNoobForU
Treant Protector

Postby TooNoobForU » Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:56 pm

the best lumber base is no walls since walls are 50wood/per wall + 250w for upgrade so 300 wood. then 500 more wood for hp upgrade..
Pros:
1 shelter = 10 wood
6fruits= 120wood
no walls= save wood, less detection of titan
more wood overall then any other lumber bases

Cons:
Major feed to titan if caught
You will be call A FEEDER/NOOB

Burn
Protector of Nature

Postby Burn » Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:42 am

Lol, it takes like less than one second to gather 10 to 30 wood, which is around how much you need for the nearest un-nukable lumber base. You also don't have to pre-emptively deto before the titan comes, which is a plus.

-Burn

SpiritBreaker
Forest Walker

Postby SpiritBreaker » Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:31 am

Burn wrote:4) If your full deny base gets killed, you can slowly make your full deny base without feeding by attacking your buildings while you build them and it'll be easier because you don't have to pump workers.

Could someone explain that please?
SpiritFryer@USEast
My Twitch stream

Burn
Protector of Nature

Postby Burn » Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:40 am

Basically you use either the builder to attack it down to low life right after you build the building so that if the titan comes you can kill it in one hit with a fruit tree attack. You do this with attacking twice, then repairing a bit, then attacking again on the fruit tree.

The RC takes 4 hits and 5 fruit tree hits, the shelter 2 hits then 3 fruit tree hits.

Or, you can be like me, who don't use builder attacks much, if at all, and only use fruit tree hits.

To do this:

1) Make 6 fruit trees, make them all attack each other in twos.
2) Stop just before they kill each other (10HP)
3) Select all 6 trees, and attack RC 6 times, which leaves it to 10HP. RC will survive another hit, which brings it down to 4HP.
4) Select all 6 trees, attack shelter 4 times, then attack the shelter with 4 more single hits to bring it down to low HP.

Now, all buildings are low. To be extra safe, use the builder to attack the buildings while doing all this to make it faster.

Additional tip, if you want to be extra tryhard, you can attack the shelter 4 times with 6, then select two of the six, press stop, which will make the remaining 4 attack the shelter, bringing it to low HP.

-Burn
These users thanked the author Burn for the post:
SpiritBreaker (Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:05 pm)

n3w_3ra
Armored Tree

Postby n3w_3ra » Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:40 pm

And thats when I send 1 mini mini in and kill your entire full deny LB and laugh while i rake in the gold

Burn
Protector of Nature

Postby Burn » Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:53 am

Normally I keep track of mini-minis though, so np. :P Can't remember the last time my lumber base got rekt by mini minis.

You could also just mini-mini proof by making unbuilt buildings(or built) at entrance.

-Burn

SpiritBreaker
Forest Walker

Postby SpiritBreaker » Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:08 pm

As much as I love orc-style builders for wall walking, doing other things like seeding, fully blocking off paths and jumping with them is a pain in the ass.

@Neco I found out what Arach's specialty can be. On-demand build style changing. Spiders can adapt to the situation, right?
SpiritFryer@USEast
My Twitch stream

Burn
Protector of Nature

Postby Burn » Sun May 01, 2016 2:55 pm

Can someone move this to ID guides? Ty.

@Haunt @Neco

-Burn

Return to “Builders”