(ii)Not wasting early lumber.
  (iii)Prevent fog worker nuking.
  (iv)Trapped in a seed.
  (v)Fake built / Fake upgraded walls.
  (vi)Item jumping
  (vii)Denying the massed walls
  {viii)Syph water minion summon jumping

(4)Conclusion.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

(1)Introduction.

Method of walling is only for early lumber bases to delay a lot of titan's time, but increases the time to make a lumber base.

I have never or rarely seen anyone do this in an in-house or public games, but I have recently done this: Mass walling Earrly lumber bases.
This is a lumber basing method that i found extremely convenient for builders, and outrageously annoying to titans, which only has a simple method: mass-walling lumber bases.

Due to being an early base, titans would not have much attack damage/attack speed.

Therefore, if all (or most) builders in the game does this, the titan would have a hard time getting feed due to the requirement of munching 4~5 walls before acquiring feed, giving the builders a lot of time to form a gold party around mid (assuming no minion, as it is still early game).

Provided video here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... yqHc#t=337

(2)Good Mass-walling lumber base spots.

Good mass lumber bases for supporters are in green.
Good mass lumber bases for basers are in red.

Far right lumber base: Good for basers (Far from mound, many many walls, titan would probably not touch this base).
Closest left of mound: Good for supporters (Close to mound, more gold. 5 walls, titan would probably not touch this base, as titan's generally don't care about supporter's lumber bases).
The circle base top left of mound: Good for Morphling / Mak when pumping out excessive amounts of workers. (Far from mound, 5 walls, titan would definitely try to nuke this base as it provides near zero vision for nuke prevention).

An easy fix for this base would be Two turtles or two harvestors to provide vision to prevent fog nuking. It also has a seed to hide in if titan early finds you.

Far bottom left base with one exit and one wall per layer base: (5 walls, Good for baser / supporter, has a wall jump-able exit, titan would probably try to kill you inside it, but with the excessive amount of walls, you will be able to wall jump out in time).

These  lumber bases only have one exit, so only requires one wall per layer to block the entrance, and has a seed, or a wall jump-able exit. Wall jump exits include close bottom lumber base, bottom left lumber base (with the blink-able seed behind it that's fairly good for tauren bases). If you are slow and get stuck in the base, then make sure you waste the titan's nuke on a couple of workers if you are afraid of getting repeatedly nuked to death in the seed. Refer to (iv)Trapped in a seed. for additional info.

The strategic selections of these bases are all Due to: Not wasting a lot of lumber to upgrade walls or delaying early golding due to making an excessive amount of walls that delays the time to make a lumber base. One wall-per-layer lumber bases are chosen to prevent taking unnecessary time and wood to make more walls. But if all the good bases are taken, you can use these bases.

I generally base on the base left from mound, the one with the seed exit, which can fit 5 layers on it and only requiring 5 walls.

I think this is one of the most Over-powered lumber bases of all time, (just an opinion), due to:

1) Close to mound, earlier golding.
2) Requires a lo0o0ong walk to go into fog to nuke the back of (targetable) 4-5 workers, or 1-2 nukable workers at front of base.
Workers can easily be detonated or just moved to centre of base where it is not nukable.
3) With 5 walls to block the titan from entering the base, i generally place 1-3 shelters, one rc and 6 fruit trees or 3 mana pools inside it, to full deny the whole base.

3a), I generally use my fruit trees / mana pools to deny my buildings as i make my shelters / research centre, so i don't have to waste time using my builder to attack the buildings manually. It helps with 6 fruit trees, and also, 6 fruit trees is helpful if titan gets a minion later on and you decide to seed then you don't have to make fruit trees outside of a lumber base, or you don't have to make 6 fruit trees later on, just two for full deny.

Also, if you have massed enough walls, (3+) then you can use those 6 fruit trees to deny the back walls to make it 2 or 3 walls, so you can reduce wall feed to only 2 gold.

Saves 80 ~ 120 lumber and risk of feeding.

4) With 5 walls, it gives the builders time to form a gold party around mid for around 40 titan hits on the upgraded walls he is about to encounter.

Of course, mass-walling can apply to generally all normal lumber bases, it just costs more lumber to upgrade the first wall of each lumber base. (250 * n, n = number of walls per layer).

(3)Additional Tips to over-walling.

(i)Full denying.

Setting up:

Due to over-walling, you might as well set up full deny within the base since you have so much time to full deny.

This is how I do it, video shown : here

Denying the full deny:

Select two fruit trees out of the six of your fruit trees when titan is attacking your third wall, then queue (shift clicking the Research centre and the other fruit trees / shelters). Make sure that the fruit trees attack both at the same time, else when you finish your full deny it will be left with 1 fruit tree. ( 2 gold fed).

Will provide video/replay here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKfTNFQz208#t=79

(ii)Not wasting early lumber.

I generally only upgrade the first wall of my lumber base until titan comes. When titan first starts attacking my first wall, and if I have enough lumber, I would start upgrading the the walls from outside in, and normally first wall is upgraded.

If titan comes before you upgrade your first wall, then upgrade from the third wall, as it usually takes around 7~8 hits for a lumber base wall to upgrade. (radioactive and goblin not counted as they generally don't need lumber bases).

I do this because I nearly always playing supporter and rarely playing a baser, I generally need a lot of wood early game due to:

1) Upgrading mid walls
2) Lumber harvest acquisition rate,
3) Researching hunters (esp. radio),
4) Research upgrades (nat, mag,  Morph, Tauren & Demo). ( I don't play faerie much due to not tank enough late game, but still a really good supporter).

(iii)Prevent fog worker nuking:

Builders can do this:

(a) Summon turtles for vision. (Blink into base upon greeting with titan to reduce feed).
(b) Move workers into fog for vision. (detonate upon greeting with titan to reduce feed).
(c) Make walls at nuke points so it is impossible to nuke. (Will generate some extra unnecessary wall feed unless you want to waste lumber upgrading it.

(iv)Trapped in a seed.

You MUST leave the base ASAP and go to the nearby double exit seed if: titan is bub / syph / foss / Breeze. Reason: Aoe non-target nukes go through spell shield (Bug), and Titan can camp the seed and get a chimera scout to supply a replenish potion from mid to nuke your ass from the seed. If this scenario happens and you are trapped and the game rules allow leaver builders, then leave immediately, or if there are decent players in game, then ask immediately to help lure titan away and help you out of the seed.

(v)Fake built / Fake upgraded walls.

Walls like morphling, troll or goblin's walls can be fake upgraded by cancelling the wall upgrade in the last second or .5 second of being upgraded. Same for building a wall if you stop building last 0.5 second of the wall, to glitch fake built and fake upgraded walls.

(vi)Item jumping
Beware of item jumpers, they can jump past a diagonal 1x1 gap with only 1 item. Beware of this early game, and when he is sieging the last wall of your lumber base. Remember: It's harder to item jump a lumber base with walling that is not offset and slanted, and it is also possible to item jump into any base, it's just a matter of the amount of items.

It's hard to explain item jumping just by words, here is a video guide on item jumping: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpjVe0-6vSw

(vii) Denying the walls
You can time the titan's hits and use the "last hit" dota principle to deny the walls using a hunter, or your fruit trees. This is fun to do with titans because they only get 1-2 gold from the walls, or none at all!

(viii) Sypherious water minion jumping
That shit is OP, it's basically like item jumping, but instead of jumping the titan, you summon one or two water minions into the base to feed off the buildings. Remember to deny your base ahead of time, if the titan is a Syph. Volt can also kill your buildings with heal, if your buildings are on 1-3hp.

(4)Conclusion:Minions

There are two ways you can go AFTER titan gets a minion..

1) Since i mentioned i normally keep 6 fruit trees in the base, sometimes I deny the un-upgraded walls with my fruit trees to prevent further gold feed.

2) Leave the walls, upgrade when titan / minion comes.

i) If titan attacks base, that means the titan would get attacked by at least one of your fruit trees, since i generally put fruit trees further outside for titans to sometimes delay the titan into going back and "trying" to auto attack the trees. This in turn, would cancel the "your unit is under attack" notification and ping from middle, giving easy access to builder/hunter rush mini (hold) / easy trapping mini.

ii) If minion attacks base (normally when titan has more than one minion, he/she uses minions to attack full deny bases, so it gives chance to easy trapping outside of mid. (Although there would be a notification saying "unit is under attack" and minion could be easily teleported to mid)

There are four scenarios from Mass-walling if everyone properly follows this guide.

1) Titan goes through 4+ upgraded walls, giving builders time to form a massive gold party around the gold mound and time to wall titan out from mid.

2) Titan ignores lumber bases like this completely and camps mid for wall feed and/or minion.

3) Titan rages quit.

Personal experiences: I have tried this method many many times already, and it works like a charm.

If everyone does this in an in-house, feed would be reduced to a near-zero situation.

Feel free to repost this guide as long as you link to source.

Comment below for anything.
Constructive criticism is appreciated, but trolls and flamers will be ignored.

TL;DR

Base at burnbase every single game, upgrade walls if you want to stall, deny walls if you need the lumber to base. Place unbuilt or built walls at entrances/exits if there are mini-minis.

EZ FUCKING PZ, LEMON FUCKING SQUEEZY, WIPE PUBS WITH A FUCKING SQUEEGEE, EAT FUCKING TITANS THAT ARE MEATY AND GET THAT EASY ELO FUCKING MONEY.

-Burn
Last edited by Burn on Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

fishy_joes
Aura Tree

Re: [Guide] Mass walling

Postby fishy_joes » Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:39 am

Guide had to many words couldnt finish reading.

Burn
Protector of Nature

Postby Burn » Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:29 pm

TL;DR

Base at burnbase every single game, upgrade walls if you want to stall, deny walls if you need the lumber to base. Place unbuilt or built walls at entrances/exits if there are mini-minis.

EZ FUCKING PZ, LEMON FUCKING SQUEEZY, WIPE PUBS WITH A FUCKING SQUEEGEE, EAT FUCKING TITANS THAT ARE MEATY AND GET THAT EASY ELO FUCKING MONEY.

-Burn

Lynx
Donator

Postby Lynx » Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:38 pm

Burn wrote:TL;DR

Base at burnbase every single game
-Burn

There should be a guide on where some players prefer to lb.

For example,
Burn always lbs mid left
Pongu always lbs bottom right
Tek280 always lbs top mid
Stealer always lbs below mid left

etc etc

lordmillt
Treant

Postby lordmillt » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:23 am

No need to break ur lb in pubs tbh, there will always be that ONE guy fails mid and dies and petty much ur lumber base at mid left eont help you much since it will just be wall feed for minis, if you dont get early base just hope for the best and rush it just when u spawned and skip buying if, since 99.99% of the time burn will be there :) myself ignores it and just get fb on burn <3
Having an unstable internet connection or a high risk of lagging out? Are you tired of losing a won game because you disconnected?
    Do not worry, there are solutions to solve your problem!
    • ENT Connect is a on LAN connection based reconnection tool (no cd-keys needed).
    • GProxy++(Varlock) is a reconnection tool for the battle.net with an external prompt.
    • GProxy++ DLL is a reconnection plugin for battle.net (Recommended).
    For technical issues or questions, post a topic in the technical support forum.

http://www.twitch.tv/linco2 Check it out :=)

Burn
    Protector of Nature

Postby Burn » Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:36 am

I deny the walls if I'm basing and upgrade only if I need the extra stall, resulting in just two walls. That's not much feed!

Generally the titan lets you wood until first or second minion, sometimes ignores it the whole game, which is quite nice. It's also good as a demo/goblin/nature/radioactive lumber base, you can have your buildings there 24/7 and you don't lose food when titan sieges it.

-Burn

lordmillt
    Treant

Postby lordmillt » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:20 pm

The only problem the lumber base have is prob mini minis, if u dont deny lb and he gets mini mini and u dont know about it, its gonna be around 16g and some exp 6fruits 1rc 1 shelt ^^ i still hate that lumber base tho, aswell the one over fountain base ^
    Having an unstable internet connection or a high risk of lagging out? Are you tired of losing a won game because you disconnected?

Do not worry, there are solutions to solve your problem!
      • ENT Connect is a on LAN connection based reconnection tool (no cd-keys needed).

• GProxy++(Varlock) is a reconnection tool for the battle.net with an external prompt.

• GProxy++ DLL is a reconnection plugin for battle.net (Recommended).

For technical issues or questions, post a topic in the technical support forum.

http://www.twitch.tv/linco2 Check it out :=)

Lynx
      Donator

Postby Lynx » Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:27 pm

lordmillt wrote:The only problem the lumber base have is prob mini minis, if u dont deny lb and he gets mini mini and u dont know about it, its gonna be around 16g and some exp 6fruits 1rc 1 shelt ^^ i still hate that lumber base tho, aswell the one over fountain base ^

what is game awareness???

Burn
      Protector of Nature

Postby Burn » Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:22 am

Burn wrote:Base at burnbase every single game, upgrade walls if you want to stall, deny walls if you need the lumber to base. Place unbuilt or built walls at entrances/exits if there are mini-minis.
      Do you even read? It was in my TL:DR.

Don't come and shit talk professional MLG tactics if you can't even be bothered to read the TL;DR, mate.

-Burn

Return to “Builders”