High Elo Bot

Moderator: HELLRAlSER

zion
Aura Tree

High Elo Bot

Postby zion » Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:48 pm

I have an very important suggestion to make for you @HELLRAlSER

First we need a little introduction. The high elo players in x10 hell are probably the most lame ones in the entire wc maps! Why? Just because they like to play easy games against noobs. And what we are seeing now is a even more lame move... high elo players are asking his friends to creat smurf account just to boost their elo! Many players are doing that and I can prove! Just look at the game history of the players! Some smurfs arent even hiding that, creating accounts like "zionneedsaboost" (exemple). I'm not here to point names, not going to do that... but this shit have to stop!

So, what my suggestion?

My suggestion is to create a elo bot system that prevents high elo players to play with low ones. I already have all in my mind.
1300 elo is the break point. What do I mean? 1300 elo players can surf on both bots, high and low ones. When the player hit the 1400 elo mark he can ONLY play on the high elo bot!

1400+: only high bot
1399 - 1300: can play on both bots
1299-: only low elo bot

I only see positive points on that change! We will have a lot more high quality games, we gonna prevent high elo players to get free easy elo, gonna prevent smurfs helping high elo players, it also prevents smurfs to 'steal' elo from main players accs, and new players can play with each other and learn the game more naturally.
HIGH ELO PLAYERS SHOULD ONLY PLAY WITH EACH OTHER! That will increase the skills of the players and will make the game a lot more fair! And will prevent ***********************FAKE ELO PLAYERS****************!

@Zulthar @alllllllllabal @greymane @saggy @canttouchme @dew @DyKarN plz comment!
Last edited by aRt)Y on Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: adjusted click bite title

Wurtz
Armored Tree

Re: High Elo Bot

Postby Wurtz » Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:59 pm

This game is dead anyway. Only none care noobs left. Last 3 games i played i got the most retarded ppl as possible.

But you are right. Alot of elo players are only plaing with friends

Over and out

zion
Aura Tree

Postby zion » Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:18 pm

Thats why we have to make a room only for high elo players.

Im surprised by the view numbers of the topic and no coments at all... that tells me a thing... we really need to change how players are facing the game. Its almost a cultural behavior that needs to be changed.

All game maps have their own private high room/bot, we just need to encourage top players to play there. And for that we have to not allow them into the low bot, thats the main point.

Wurtz
Armored Tree

Postby Wurtz » Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:39 pm

i agree with you :) Could be nice.

so Vouch for you!
These users thanked the author Wurtz for the post:
zion (Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:14 pm)

alllllllllabal
Resource Storage

Postby alllllllllabal » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:31 pm

I wish I could play in a lobby knowing it would fill up in less than 5 minutes, yet still play versus good players. Seems like we only get one or the other. If you make it so high elo players can only play in a lobby that never fills, players will surely just switch to another bot. Not sure what to do, but I don't think your suggestion would have the intended effects.

zion
Aura Tree

Postby zion » Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:23 am

@alllllllllabal we have around 250 players above 1300 elo in ltd hell... we have to start forcing them to play against each other, otherwise we gona keep having games when 1500elo player play against 900elo, 1000 elo... or you have to wait for hours to get a good game with a balanced elo rate.

If we do this I garantee you that the game will fill up in less than 5minutes, we have players to work with that change. Or in the worst case cenarium, you wait 10-15min for a high quality game...much better than waiting one full hour.
Last edited by zion on Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

zion
Aura Tree

Postby zion » Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:25 am

We can make a month test and see how it goes

Stiff_Maistar
Treant Protector

Postby Stiff_Maistar » Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:30 pm

@zion The high elo players get their elo because they are good, i guess. And if these bots were made like you want, how are you gonna stop them making new accounts with 1000 elo and continue to beating the noobs?
Its the same players, except that the noobs lose more elo than if the pros would have played on their main account.
And thats why this most likely wont get implemented

You can suggest that there could be a 1200+ elo bot, so that the high elo players could gain more elo there. because to remove them from the regular bot wont work.

PS. This is a suggestion regarding the bots that host the map, not the map itself, and should therefor have been posted here
What did snow white say when the dwarves saw her naked?
7-UP
https://www.facebook.com/TehLurdOfTehReingsOfficial/videos/710971672378120/

Dew
ENT Staff

Postby Dew » Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:10 am

I really don't think the high elo players like to play vs noobs (minus your newplayer mode abuse stuff), they just want to play a game. It's a 2v2 game, so you're naturally going to get friends who play together alot. Which is a good thing, its a 2v2 game afterall. However if you have 2 1600+ teamed up they can only gain 1-2 points max usually and end up losing 28 if they lose. (So to stay at an EVEN elo, they must go 14-1 or better....) Therefore making it a HUGE grind to get any elo. One loss can set you back 20+ games. Thus the smurf accounts. If the 1100 bot actually filled you would get all of the high elo players checking their first. Because you can gain the most elo and have the best games. Buuuuut @Zion, myself, @alllllllllabal, we have all sat in there forever only to never get a game. Most games played on this bot are premades when people join regular bot and want to play each other because someone wont leave or they cant all join together b4 some random so you get a "go 1100 bot".

At the end of the day, the 1100 bot just never fills. I'm guessing the issue is mainly a lack of players, and slightly due to the skill gap between the "average" player and the high elo players. A lot of the lower elo players just get smashed by the upper echelon and therefore (other than the most competitive ones) have no reason to go to an 1100 room and then only play those high elo players.

@Zion, I really dont think your suggestion would accomplish anything except MORE smurfs due to not being able to join regular bot.
My only idea would be to have a message on the normal bot, talking about the 1100 room and encouraging any 1100 players to play there or at least make everyone aware that it exists.
@Wurtz @zulthar @dykarn
Join our Hell community on twitch & discord!
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/idothedew21
HellHalt Discord: https://discord.gg/zBkfKUv
February 2019 HellHalt Tourney: http://challonge.com/HellCup3

Greymare
Treant

Postby Greymare » Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:43 am

Just to way in on this topic, I actually leave lobby's when noobs fill them up as the game will be most boring to play. I have noticed a decline in the number of high elo players actually playing lately. @Dew i havent seen you or taco in a game for months. Maybe i just keep missing you guys im not sure.

Im happy to play the 1100+ bot except i can sit in that lobby for hours with noone joining and end up going back to the other bot just so i can play a game.

I have taken some big hits to my elo due to high elo players using smurf accounts. Maybe it just needs to be 1 account per IP address. This will definately stop smurf accounts lol

Personally i have 2 accounts. Greymare (Main Account) and WhiteMage (second account). I very rarely ever use my second account. In fact i just looked for my second account and it has been removed due to not being used lol. So i have 1 Account - Greymare.

Anyway peace out guys im going back to playing
<3
Greymare
Greymare
Clan HELL Chieftain

Zulthar
Forest Walker

Postby Zulthar » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:20 am

Wurtz wrote:This game is dead anyway. Only none care noobs left.

doesn't feel dead to me, unless im streaming really late :-p

zion wrote:I have an very important suggestion to make for you @HELLRAlSER

My suggestion is to create a elo bot system that prevents high elo players to play with low ones. I already have all in my mind.
1300 elo is the break point. What do I mean? 1300 elo players can surf on both bots, high and low ones. When the player hit the 1400 elo mark he can ONLY play on the high elo bot!

1400+: only high bot
1399 - 1300: can play on both bots
1299-: only low elo bot

I only see positive points on that change! We will have a lot more high quality games, we gonna prevent high elo players to get free easy elo, gonna prevent smurfs helping high elo players, it also prevents smurfs to 'steal' elo from main players accs, and new players can play with each other and learn the game more naturally.
HIGH ELO PLAYERS SHOULD ONLY PLAY WITH EACH OTHER! That will increase the skills of the players and will make the game a lot more fair! And will prevent ***********************FAKE ELO PLAYERS****************!

@Zulthar @alllllllllabal @greymane @saggy @canttouchme @dew @DyKarN plz comment!

@Zion Hellraiser has no control over bots, you would have to go to suggestion forums for that one, even then pretty sure they wouldn't do it.

Dew wrote:@Zion, I really dont think your suggestion would accomplish anything except MORE smurfs due to not being able to join regular bot.
My only idea would be to have a message on the normal bot, talking about the 1100 room and encouraging any 1100 players to play there or at least make everyone aware that it exists.
@Wurtz @zulthar @dykarn

[edit]

(imo) I just think people like being on same lane, to be able to share auras, and farming low ranks. cause i always see 1100+ in normal room. but this is a good idea though.

@Dew get on more :cry: if you want I take the number 1 spot for you on ladder, for motivation (^_^).

Dew
ENT Staff

Postby Dew » Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:45 am

I think we just have to focus on growing the player base. Maybe more people streaming?
If there were more players the problem would take care of itself similar to Mega rooms.
And @zulthar I haven't been #1 forever now. No worries here! ;)
Join our Hell community on twitch & discord!
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/idothedew21
HellHalt Discord: https://discord.gg/zBkfKUv
February 2019 HellHalt Tourney: http://challonge.com/HellCup3

Zulthar
Forest Walker

Postby Zulthar » Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:17 am

@Dew

More dedicated Legion TD Hell streamers, would indeed increase the player base over a period of time. If we had more dedicated LTD Hell Streamers.

DyKarN
Aura Tree

Postby DyKarN » Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:18 pm

@zion I feel flattered being mentioned here :) Sometimes I play with my brother, not to get my (nor his) ELO boosted, but because we enjoy it. When I play with randoms I don't really care what ELO they have, as long as they have a decent amount of games with with a decent win rate. I enjoy teaching the one I play with and therefor I have got a good ELO. I haven't played for a long time now though.

Cheers
Known in-game as DyKarN@Europe

pip65
Basic Tree

Postby pip65 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:38 pm

Hi guys, regarding the +1100 ltd hell bot, it's currently set to 3v1 instead of 2v2 for some reason. I know hardly anyone plays +1100, but i think,
as mentioned above, making it +1200 and allowing shared auras would be much more appealing.

Return to “Suggestions”