Voting System on Presence

Moderator: HELLRAlSER

Merex
Oversight Staff

Voting System on Presence

Postby Merex » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:34 am

Right now, the way presence works is whomever is first to upgrade it, chooses it. Sometimes (more than once), some players will foolishly upgrade one without consulting the team and it's not ideal.

My proposal: Make the presence work on a voting system, perhaps when you first click on it you will get a message saying (To select a presence, type -tp, -rp, -dp) (Timelord pres, royal pres, dark pres) and the vote initiates from there. Vote goes on for about 30 seconds unless all players vote, after the vote, the winning presence will appear in your town hall and others won't.

This is suppose to make the presence choosing process more team-based and to prevent a random teammate from choosing a presence the other 2 don't agree on.
These users thanked the author Merex for the post:
Esile (Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:27 am)
The Slap God - An EoC Story
  • ENT Rules, Guides and more can be found on our Wiki.
  • Contact the staff & interact with others by joining our Discord.
  • Now available: Host A Game UI.

KiwiLeKiller
Treant Protector

Re: Voting System on Presence

Postby KiwiLeKiller » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:56 pm

I think it's interesting.

But what if they all vote for a different presence? Or that 2 players vote for 2 different presences and the third player doesn't vote, or already left/disconnected ?
"in a moment of extreme passion"
- Beastman (2017)

SkyIsTheLimit
Resource Storage

Postby SkyIsTheLimit » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:55 pm

What if people don't vote, though? In this scenario, no presence would be chosen and team would lose or at least be greatly penalized....
Personally, it never occurred, in my games, that a player selected a presence without warning teammates earlier: something to avoid this from happening would obviously be nice, but it should be made in such a manner that it cannot, in any way and in any circumstance, hinder the game.
I pride myself wit defeated high elo's pelts.

I have defeated:

Dew
    Halcast.de
    n00beh
    yop

Elo is love, Elo is life.

Esile
ENT Staff

Postby Esile » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:10 am

A way to make this work would be great.
4 out of say 10 games, someone WILL rush and select a presence for whatever reason without asking the team, or considering our units/weak levels. Not everyone asks/argues the advantages/disadvantages of each presence, especially with Timelord being too nice for a while, a lot of people still rush to get it when Dark would have been a much better option.
I believe that Avion's suggestion, a vote system, would at the very least trigger a short discussion about it so that people may agree on a presence even if they don't all vote for the same one right away.

Zulthar
Forest Walker

Postby Zulthar » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:41 pm

Kiwi wrote:I think it's interesting.

But what if they all vote for a different presence? Or that 2 players vote for 2 different presences and the third player doesn't vote, or already left/disconnected ?

Hmm, maybe make it were it only takes two votes to pass on a presence if one disagrees, two votes beats one. If one left or gets disconnected, make the voting system automatically removes itself with the team that only has two when this happens, because I noticed if one leaves the game/dc usually the other player is more likely to cooperate when its 2v3. If they all vote on a different presences then they can talk it over and pick one together.

My problem is when I get new players that will pick whatever because they are new, or if players get presence to early and we leak on a level that the presence isn't good on and costing us the game, But I've done it too myself. Glad -tg was added, especially when a new player trys to grab king. So maybe a voting system wouldn't be bad. But instead of commands like -dp etc maybe turn it in to a UI voting system so the UI pops in their faces??

Return to “Suggestions”