Ent / Treant Guardian Thoughts

Moderator: HELLRAlSER

frozenLlama101
Resource Storage

Ent / Treant Guardian Thoughts

Postby frozenLlama101 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:33 pm

Alot of the Tier one units are Amazing (peewee, protons ect.) some of them are situational (bone warrior or hatchling), some of them are kinda bad but still somewhat usefull (peasant)..
and then there is Ents..
Ents have one of the slowest Attaspeeds in the game, they are in the middle-high cost of thier base unit, and have about the same health as every other base tier one in the game...
- They do not have anything going for them here :?

Now we upgrade it.. it costs just under 100 gold, so we are kind of in the middle of other tier units. we acturely have a pretty good health pool for a tier 1 upgrade here, and the ability looks pretty good. LOOKS..... :?

Entangle disarms and immoblizes the target for a short duration and deals damage.
Problem is by wc3's engine an entangled unit in no longer a threat and is there for ignored meaning in boss levels they kinda screws with your units focus and seem to even out the damage among the bosses.

Ents are too weak to carry you on the early levels and when it is the time to shine on boss waves they seem to do more harm than good..

i don't think there is a easy solution to this... The unit works great on paper and surely if there was only one boss it would be one of the best units in the game..

Solution/suggestions:
:arrow: - Increasing the attack rate of the ents would help them perform better in the early stages of the game without being broken later in the game.
:arrow: - giving the guardian a different ability altogeather might help the unit on the boss waves where it would seem to shine (something like a sleep like ability where they get "untangled when damaged" but it deals no damage and lasts longer)
:arrow: - adding a upgrade to the guardian with a smilar or stronger ability might make it usefull?

This is my suggestions to the Ent. i listed my suggestions in order i find most usefull (and easy to make).
If you leave it unchanged could you explain why :?:

Frozen llama 8-)

Letbell
Treant

Re: Ent / Treant Guardian Thoughts

Postby Letbell » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:18 pm

From my experiences spamming hybrid in pub/1100 matches

Treant is already a good units as it is, and they're also pretty good in later of the game where rooting an elite can literally change the tide of the wave.
Treants are ment to tank and create gap and lock down a unit with his ability.

:?: i don't like increasing its attack speed, because it would doesn't making him a tank anymore, but rather a dps.
:?: Root is already good as it is already
:idea: Allow treant to upgrade into a unit with an AoE root ability, increase its hp and at least around 425G

Something like this:
Treant into Rooted Treant

:idea: Convert heavy armor into fortify armor
:idea: Grant additional hp
:idea: 300-400 AoE root ability

Return to “Suggestions”