Game Balance.

Moderator: HELLRAlSER

flixern
Armored Tree

Game Balance.

Postby flixern » Wed May 18, 2016 11:33 am

Hello

I was once a Mod for Saucer, hosting Legion TD 2.7c, Revos and Pro versions of LTD. The one thing that made 2.7c so good, was that it was really balanced in the way that all units was good at their own way for their own waves (based on the dmg and armor type).

What I feel when I play LTD Hell, is that it's very unbalanced in the sense that you only build for the bosses. That means some units with the right dmg and armor type is extremely glorified and a necessity to survive. It actually starts to get a little boring. Just building pierce dmg for 10 and magic for 20.

So here is my solution to a more variety gameplay:
    1. Degrade the bosses dmg and armor.
    2. Increase the dmg or armor for the units from wave 2 til 9, and perhaps 11 til 19 as well.

I believe this will make it both easier and harder at the same time. You will now have to consider when to upgrade lumber based on your build for the next round, and also slow the extremely high pasted income at the start. There will also be a more diverse set of builds, other than just Alpha Males and Dark Mages. I also know that changing these things can be very dangerous, so it has to be a long progress for a better end with small tweaks and turns.

Thanks! :)

HELLRAlSER
ENT Staff

Re: Game Balance.

Postby HELLRAlSER » Wed May 18, 2016 1:09 pm

@flixern

So what you are saying is that in LTD Hell, there is no possibility to die on other waves than 10-20-30???

flixern
Armored Tree

Postby flixern » Wed May 18, 2016 3:53 pm

There is a possibility to die at 17, but it's very small. Most games end either at 10 or 20, that is correct. You can even find some replies to your update threads where people are saying that they don't even send at 17 anymore, because they know 20 is a sure knock out.

Out of my soon 100 games with HELL, I've only had one game where both teams passed 20.

HELLRAlSER
ENT Staff

Postby HELLRAlSER » Wed May 18, 2016 4:01 pm

Well, lets see it then. Wanna play?

flixern
Armored Tree

Postby flixern » Wed May 18, 2016 5:06 pm

I am on. IGN: flixern

And btw, Im not criticizing your work. I prefer HELL over all the other versions out there :)

Zulthar
Forest Walker

Postby Zulthar » Wed May 18, 2016 5:53 pm

flixern wrote: It actually starts to get a little boring. Just building pierce dmg for 10 and magic for 20.

So here is my solution to a more variety gameplay:
[list=1]1. Degrade the bosses dmg and armor.
2. Increase the dmg or armor for the units from wave 2 til 9, and perhaps 11 til 19 as well.

Have you tried other combos for 10? you can beat 10 with magic units and siege damage and ofc chaos damage. So I think the level 10 boss is fine. Level 20 turtles are a bit OP though with the bounce damage (imo), when you fully save lumber for it, cause have to find really good support debuff units, and there aren't many good high dps magic units, for example griffins suck on 20 never passed with them, Only units with high magic dps worth using on 20 is hydras, phoenix and dark priest. It is possible to pass 20 with out magic units, but that's only if the other team sends on 17. But the only time you do not want to send on 17, If the enemy team has one of these units, Meat wagon, Neo tank, assault tank, Mutants, HellRaiser, Slave Masters, Outcast, tempest. And these units are pretty easy to get. only takes one to carry on 17. And that's why people save fully for 20 depending what the enemy has. But If they don't have these units when they leak, then send on 17 :D

I did have the same thoughts, about each level should be harder then the previous level that you completed, And i believe it should be this way.

HELLRAlSER
ENT Staff

Postby HELLRAlSER » Wed May 18, 2016 7:16 pm

Each level is already harder than the other, else you wouldn't have to build more to def the next wave even if it feels easier.

I do not intent to make the game easier, harder is more likely.

As far as I know, it is quite possible to net a kill, or at least make a substantial leak at a wide number of waves. So you guys have to show me that what you say is true cause my experience is different.

@flixern
I hope no problem with constructive criticism, just as long is well intended and well structured. As I said tho earlier, my experience is different to what you describe so I need to be shown that what you say is true.

Zulthar
Forest Walker

Postby Zulthar » Thu May 19, 2016 3:13 am

@HELLRAISER

Sure, Maybe i can change your mind on a few subjects, if You're down for few games tomorrow at 1pm or 2pm MT? but you have to follow my commands to see what i mean.

HELLRAlSER wrote:Each level is already harder than the other

And 14 harder then 15 just saying.

[Edit]

Actually I am free right now, for few games before i go to bed if you want to.

HELLRAlSER
ENT Staff

Postby HELLRAlSER » Thu May 19, 2016 5:57 am

@Zulthar
So you can afford to have less value on 15, than on 14? Like you can actually sell towers and use that gold to go income?

My schedule is too tight, need a few days to finish some stuff at work. But after that sure we set it up. We can even better play versus, since the point is I disagree on your approach.

Zulthar
Forest Walker

Postby Zulthar » Thu May 19, 2016 6:06 am

Actually ya you could go less value then the recommendations on 15 dont know how much less haven't fully test how less you could go. I always thought level 15 was lumber up wave cause of that reason. i would not build on 15 and push hard in lumber. But i have different strategy now though.

[Edit]

But ok we can vs sounds good Just let me know which day, So i can let certain player know.

Return to “Suggestions”