PR MODE SUGGESTION

Moderator: HELLRAlSER

Prime
Armored Tree

PR MODE SUGGESTION

Postby Prime » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:54 pm

Rather than have a new T1-T6 every round, have you considered just giving 3 random units every round. Random tier and class units.

LIMITS

- I would put something in so they have to be all different tiers every round... e.g. You can roll a tier 1, 2, and 3 unit or a tier 4,5 and 6 unit but not two or three units of the same tier.

- Levels 1-5 = you are guaranteed at least a tier 1 and 2 unit every roll
- Levels 6-10 = you are guaranteed at least a tier 2 and 3 unit every roll
- Levels 11-20 = you are guaranteed at least a tier 3 unit every roll
- Levels 20-30 = you are guaranteed at least a tier 5 or 6 unit every roll

Obviously that probably doesn't cover everything and this is a fast and sloppy suggestion... but just an idea to where PR mode might be more fun and a little more challenging. Currently the PR mode is kinda ridiculously easy IMO and pretty much guarantees everyone to get to endgame.

Merex
Oversight Staff

Re: PR MODE SUGGESTION

Postby Merex » Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:26 pm

I like to think -PR is fine as it is tbh. I do like this suggestion but seems a bit complicated.

-Where do levels come into this?
-Do you actually random 3 tier units or do they hold a specific order?
-What you're describing isn't accurate with what you're saying.. Why do the first 20 levels ''guarantee'' tier ~3? If you've ever played HELL, most games end at 20 anyways.
-Where does tier 4 play into this as-well?
-What is the actual point behind creating this? Honestly, I would much rather see something creative with the actual initial classes of LTD.

Would also like to say - Though -PR may seem easy in some instances, it's just like when you roll tuskars in one game. That alone pretty much guarantees you hold 10 so would you also suggest prophet to be altered in a more complex manner due to the luck process? It plays in both perspectives, is my point.
The Slap God - An EoC Story
  • ENT Rules, Guides and more can be found on our Wiki.
  • Contact the staff & interact with others by joining our Discord.
  • Now available: Host A Game UI.

Prime
Armored Tree

Postby Prime » Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:10 pm

I mean random 3 units... but obviously if a person rolled 3 tier 6 units on level 1 that would be a bit unfair... also... rolling 3 tier 1 units on level 28 and 29 would be pretty unfair. Basically just put some safeguards in so that people aren't every systematically screwed. Make it more about skill than luck. I think 3 is a good number because that would still leave you with some really bad rolls some levels but would still allow some pretty great unit combinations over the course of a full game. The main idea is just 3 totally random units every level... with a few safeguards as I mentioned to not completely screw people early game or late game. And yes, with the current PR... you are nearly guaranteed to roll at least rider or tuskar once before 10 and also have all the debuffs you need before 20 as well as nearly every aura in the game you would want. The current PR mode is just a bit too easy IMO

Zulthar
Forest Walker

Postby Zulthar » Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:20 pm

Prime wrote: you are nearly guaranteed to roll at least rider or tuskar once before 10

When I vs Av1oN, i never rolled tuskars, till after 10 Had to use MUTANTS (O_O) lol.

Prime wrote:The current PR mode is just a bit too easy IMO

I like -PR mode how it is prime. their been times i've had to make choices early game. should i push or get this unit. oh cool crappy roll, I can upgrade and push bit more. choices you make in early game, can affect you in late game, if you make it pass turtles. but I've seen a lot of -pr games end on 20

So might seem a bit easy to you. But i think of -PR mode as best combo/builder wins and vsing good players doesn't make this mode easier.

Prime
Armored Tree

Postby Prime » Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:00 pm

*easier isn't really the right word I guess because it's relative the the player you are vs... but it makes the games way longer I think and it turns into more of a battle of attrition. Even against a great player it would be difficult to lose before 20 if you are an average or better player IMO. I don't have the stats but I bet PR games are at least twice as likely to go into super late levels compared to hybrid or prophet games.

Zulthar
Forest Walker

Postby Zulthar » Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:01 pm

Prime wrote:I bet PR games are at least twice as likely to go into super late levels compared to hybrid or prophet games.

Once you figure out how to play hybrid, its pretty easy to get all your auras before 20 and faster then you could in -pr. If we did -PH mode, while being a random prophet would be a challenge to vs a hybrid builder (imo)

But i do understand were you are coming from. Well I will be hosting -pr 3.93 for hours, you are welcome to join me.

Or watch if you want. https://www.twitch.tv/nathyain in hour or two. so you can see a lot of -pr matches if you're interested :-)

Dew
ENT Staff

Postby Dew » Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:43 am

Prime wrote:*easier isn't really the right word I guess because it's relative the the player you are vs... but it makes the games way longer I think and it turns into more of a battle of attrition. Even against a great player it would be difficult to lose before 20 if you are an average or better player IMO. I don't have the stats but I bet PR games are at least twice as likely to go into super late levels compared to hybrid or prophet games.

So true. A PR game, almost guarantee's a lvl 20+ game if VS decent-average players. Even against great ones.
It's fun to play every once in awhile, but its almost assuring an hour long game.
Join our Hell community on twitch & discord!
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/idothedew21
HellHalt Discord: https://discord.gg/zBkfKUv
February 2019 HellHalt Tourney: http://challonge.com/HellCup3

Return to “Suggestions”