[CW] Civiliznation wars

Approved or denied ban requests are archived here.

Moderator: ENT Staff

Lastnight
Basic Tree

[CW] Civiliznation wars

Postby Lastnight » Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:40 am

Replay Link: http://storage.entgaming.net/replay/vie ... 707666.w3g
Game Name: [ent] civilization wars #75
Your Warcraft III Username: LastNight
Violator's Warcraft III Username: Civiliznations
Violated Rule(s): Pulling
Time of Violation (in-game or replay): Pulling for middle half of game after 10 minute rush
Any further thoughts:
Toxic player insulted me all game very mean. Whispered for me to kill my self often.

Quetra
Protector of Nature

Re: [CW] Civiliznation wars

Postby Quetra » Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:43 am

This is the same player from the game just before this who mass deactivated, see here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=104012

(And I didn't whisper anything)

As for pulling, I was trying to maximise repair on the capital and towers to stop our capitals from dying and losing the game. There is no way to do so without 'pulling' units towards you, and simply repairing the capital can clearly not be bannable.

Lastnight
Basic Tree

Postby Lastnight » Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:46 am

This was my first game for the night, and it was destroyed by a toxic extremely mean player. He seems to be trying to claim I trolled the game before when I was not in the game. Very mean. Very deceitful. He cheated and harassed me and is now trying to discredit me with lies.

Quetra
Protector of Nature

Postby Quetra » Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:52 am

(35:47 / Allied) LastNight: think i should report him for pulling just for fun ?

Lastnight
Basic Tree

Postby Lastnight » Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:01 am

And notice how everyone on my team agreed I should? Since you did pull? I didn't have to report you for cheating, but when people that know you told me too I did, since they acted as if this was a regular occurrence for you. You are on a power trip and seemed to think you were above the rules for some reason.

RaptorXI
Treant

Postby RaptorXI » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:59 am

I agree, he was pulling, because dancing around with workers instead of just repairing (the "repairing was needed" phrase brought up another grey area, gonna grab some popcorn and see how far this will go).

Quetra
Protector of Nature

Postby Quetra » Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:13 am

The rule against pulling is: Do not purposely pull and aggro the creeps using your builder.

Clearly this rule is applicable in some circumstances but not in others, since when you repair a tower or capital during a push you will inevitably aggro them. But in doing so you are not purposefully trying to pull the creeps towards you to deny their DPS on your units, even though that happens to some extent, because that's just how the wc3 mechanics work. Your intent is trying to keep the tower/capital alive, not to pull them to your worker. In fact that's the exact situation you are trying to avoid because you want to repair as much as possible.

The rule was put in place because people would use their workers to exploit a mechanic and allow your own units to deal more DPS to them, often by moving your workers right in the middle of the lane to do this, by getting the units to follow your workers. This is clearly purposeful abuse of a mechanic that was not intended to be used.

I was not trying to get them to follow my workers, I was trying to avoid the melee so that they could not attack my workers. Any player will naturally try and do this to some extent, try and get distance between their workers and the enemy units so that they could have time to repair. By 'dancing' around the capital this is what I was doing, trying to keep my capital alive and in the game, not abuse the fact that they are pulled towards the workers.
Last edited by Quetra on Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

RaptorXI
Treant

Postby RaptorXI » Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:17 am

Theory is black and white, praxis is grey.
Rules exist just for making rules?

Quetra
Protector of Nature

Postby Quetra » Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:30 am

The rule states there needs to be an intent to pull them towards your worker (use of the word purposely). I did not intend this in fact I intended the opposite, to get the units away from my worker. Just because they get pulled because of the mechanic doesn't mean I intended to abuse it.

RaptorXI
Treant

Postby RaptorXI » Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:34 am

As the one who makes the map at the moment you should know how the mechanic works.

Quetra
Protector of Nature

Postby Quetra » Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:47 am

I would remove the mechanic if it was possible to do so. I don't like pulling either, but the reality is it will sometimes happen when it's not the intent of the player to abuse it. My intent was to stay away from the units not to pull them towards me.

Lastnight
Basic Tree

Postby Lastnight » Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:51 am

civiliznations, in the recording you clearly used many workers to move around your town hall on the back side in order to separate the melee minions from the range and bring the melee into the far tower range. While doing this at times you barley repaired at all, you used your workers to pull are troops in order to get them killed. And now while many people say this is what they see you try to lie and say you did not do it on purpose because you have no respect for the rules.

RaptorXI
Treant

Postby RaptorXI » Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:52 am

My intent was to stay away from the units not to pull them towards me.

But you didn't.

Quetra
Protector of Nature

Postby Quetra » Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:09 am

civiliznations, in the recording you clearly used many workers to move around your town hall on the back side in order to separate the melee minions from the range and bring the melee into the far tower range.

Of course I used the workers on the back side, If i don't they get targeted by their ranged and die, and the capital doesn't get repaired. Had nothing to do with getting them within the range of more towers. If I wanted to do that I would repair the towers themselves and pull them away from my capital entirely, but I didn't.

RaptorXI
Treant

Postby RaptorXI » Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:14 am

So criminals are innocent because what they did and what they intended weren't the same?

Return to “Processed Requests”