Is entconnect still working?

Technical Support topics will be moved here when they are Resolved.

Moderators: Oversight Staff, Processing Staff

uint8_t
Armored Tree

Is entconnect still working?

Postby uint8_t » Sat May 13, 2017 1:13 pm

I use an old version of firefox to use entconnect and the status symbol of entconnect is green. So I should be able to see games in the LAN. However, I don't see any games.

Is it still possible to use entconnect or must it be a problem on my side?

Unitil
Oversight Staff

Re: Is entconnect still working?

Postby Unitil » Sat May 13, 2017 2:46 pm

Have not been able to get it to work for 1.28.x yet and only 1.27b.

What version of Warcraft III are you using?
If you have a legit copy, why not try Gproxy DLL which does the same thing as entconnect however you connect to battle.net, and don't need to have your browser window open.
http://www.mymgn.com/gproxy/ or from the wiki http://wiki.entgaming.net/index.php?title=Gproxy_DLL.

If you don't have a legit copy and are still on 1.27b:
Have you ensured your java is up to date?
If it continues to fail try out internet explorer

Hopefully that helps.

TheAnswer42
Basic Tree

Postby TheAnswer42 » Sun May 14, 2017 8:32 am

Well, I am running version 1.28x, windows 10, legit wc3, java updated to the newest version, using entconnect on internet explorer, square goes yellow, then green.
I open wc3, LAN, playername=forumname but the game isn't there, in fact, there are no games at all.

I have tried the version switchers to go to 1.27b, upon switching the game requires the CD to run for some reason, but I have no CD drive on my laptop. So I can't really play anything I want to is the issue.
I think the version is the issue, right?

uint8_t
Armored Tree

Postby uint8_t » Sun May 14, 2017 4:23 pm

TheAnswer42 wrote:I have tried the version switchers to go to 1.27b, upon switching the game requires the CD to run for some reason, but I have no CD drive on my laptop. So I can't really play anything I want to is the issue.
I think the version is the issue, right?

You could try to mount a Warcraft3-CD-Image (which probably can be downloaded for free somewhere) on a virtual CD-Drive.

Unitil
Oversight Staff

Postby Unitil » Sun May 14, 2017 7:16 pm

Games do not show up on 1.28.x since they changed some things with the new update, and ENT would need to update it server side for it to work properly.

If what you said is true about using a legit copy then you might as well use a reconnection tool (GProxy++ DLL as mentioned above). This does the same things as entconnect (helps prevent being disconnected), and also allows you to connect to different games being hosted still.

The basic setup is downloading the two files, and changing a small section in the config file that chooses your server. Both files get placed into the install directory of your Warcraft III installation. After that, you start your Warcraft III normally, and it will select the GProxy server. However, this will connect to the battle.net server as per normal, but with the added benefit of you having disconnection protection (no sudden lag that causes you disconnect from the host). This is of course if it's enabled by the bot hosting it (which all ENT, and some other providers have enabled).

I highly recommend you look into using that method if you're indeed using a legit copy. The problem with using 1.27b is the potential of being desynced from the rest of the game due to the differences of files in your installation. Some games have been "fixed", however there is a higher probability of it happening.

Just my two cents, but you can choose what you want to do.

TheAnswer42
Basic Tree

Postby TheAnswer42 » Mon May 15, 2017 2:21 pm

Hmm, a CD image could work, not sure whether neither entconnect nor GProxy would mind the versions being different, though I suppose I could just search for a matching version.

As for Gproxy, I am using it, works even, but the problem is this; I bought the game, got back into it, just to play a select few maps that I enjoy, like 4 maps. I have yet to see a single one hosted anywhere. Yet, these maps get hosted on a daily basis through entconnect, at least the website says so. Is there another way to either host my own games or to join these, entgaming games?

If not, then 1.27b would fix the issue, right? I would see the games in the LAN menu.
Thanks, a lot.

SLSGuennter
Protector of Nature

Postby SLSGuennter » Mon May 15, 2017 3:17 pm

EntConnect is not patched to 1.28, so u cant play autohosted games, if using it.
Gunther and the Sunshine-Girls. Hell Yeah

Unitil
Oversight Staff

Postby Unitil » Mon May 15, 2017 6:38 pm

If you're looking at the list of games on the ENT website it's just as easy to manually type out the game name into the bar below the in-game custom games list and hitting join. You don't necessarily need to see it on the in-game custom game list to join the game.

There is also a copy game name button on the website in the shape of a clipboard. It doesn't give an animation to show that you're hovering it, but it will copy it to your clipboard so you can paste it into that bar mentioned above.

HodoR_
Forest Walker

Postby HodoR_ » Mon May 15, 2017 6:44 pm

Short answer? : Nope
Hold the door!

SLSGuennter
Protector of Nature

Postby SLSGuennter » Tue May 16, 2017 5:31 pm

Well, guess thats answered.
Processing.