Ban appeal (getting banned now for something that happened a month ago)

Looking for your appeal? Approved or denied appeals are archived here.

Moderator: ENT Staff

Blodvold
Armored Tree

Ban appeal (getting banned now for something that happened a month ago)

Postby Blodvold » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:18 pm

Your Warcraft III username: Shrubbery
Realm/Gateway: @europe.battle.net
Why are you banned: afk
Why you should be unbanned: I might have broken the rules, but to get banned a month after the fact is a bit late i feel. Now it is friday, weeks after it happened and i was looking for forward to chill, listen to music and play Legion TD.. just to try and login to see that im banned. And its not like i was banned earlier this week, i was banned today. So now i cant play legion all weekend. This just isnt right. I agree that breaking the rules are not okay, but 4 weeks after it happened. Come on..

link to ban req viewtopic.php?f=24&t=119414&p=468180&hilit=shrubbery#p468180

Unitil
Oversight Staff

Re: Ban appeal (getting banned now for something that happened a month ago)

Postby Unitil » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:13 pm

Hi @Blodvold

Ban requests do not have an expiry date. As we are volunteers, we only do requests when we have free time to do so. This can mean that a request can sit for almost a month, however, we are attempting to get ourselves caught up as to avoid this issue going forward.

I'll attach the Staff member that had banned you in the request.
@Arcanium

For now, complete the following, and when he is available he will review you appeal further.

Please link us the general rules and the game specific rules of the game(s) you got banned in, and highlight the specific rule(s) you believe you violated.
You can find them on our wiki.

That way, we can ensure another rule-violation by you, caused by not-knowing the rules, will not happen again. After linking us to the rules, we expect you to have read them. Cooperating with us will have a positive effect on your ban duration.

Blodvold
Armored Tree

Postby Blodvold » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:22 pm

I dont remember my reason for being afk.. but i do realise it is a shit move on my part. Thinking of the other players, specially my teammates.

Going into the specific rule:
Do not ruin the game on purpose:
2.Do not go away from keyboard for an excessive amount of time, especially without telling other players beforehand, and/or refuse to play the game in an attempt to ruin it. Neither are you allowed to grief by resetting the afk timer.

Gen Rules: http://wiki.entgaming.net/index.php?tit ... ming:Rules
Game specific: http://wiki.entgaming.net/index.php?tit ... g:LTDRules

Blodvold
Armored Tree

Postby Blodvold » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:49 pm

Im bumping this one. The mod who banned me, Arcanium, have not been online the last two hours. So i hope someone can revoke this ban in his abscence..

Arcanium
Treant Protector

Postby Arcanium » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:09 pm

Hello and thank you for your cooperation,

With regards to my absence, it can't be helped. We are busy, we have our own lives, we will not always be online.

It has almost been a full day since you were banned, only an hour to go, so I will reduce the ban to 1 hour.

@blodvold
"Being an asshole is always fun" -Haunt 2k17

Return to “Processed Appeals”