[DOTA] [pwef@useast]

Approved or denied ban requests are archived here.

Moderator: ENT Staff

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

[DOTA] [pwef@useast]

Postby Sylvanas » Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:43 am

Replay Link: https://entgaming.net/findstats.php?id=10162828
Game Name: [ENT] DotA arem us/ca #26
Your Warcraft III Username: Sylvanas
Violator's Warcraft III Username: pwef
Violated Rule(s): game throwing (never using ult on purpose)
Time of Violation (in-game or replay): can't time stamp someone not doing something
Any further thoughts: He's a mac player who wound up with void and purposefully didn't use or learn chronosphere all game in order not to drop. Chronosphere is one of the most ridiculous ults in the game and it would have obviously made the difference in that awful, awful 1 hour game. He knows he's going to run into this problem and ruin games and still chooses to join them. I was told here to "report people who break rules", so I'd like to see what you think of these situations, which have been occurring more and more often lately.

Zeratul

Re: [DOTA] [pwef@useast]

Postby Zeratul » Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:51 am

This seems rather stupid to me tbh ... I mean, if he had used ulti, he would have just desynced and you would have -1; Instead he played and tried to do his best knowing in the position he was (If any of you were a good ally, you would have done what i usually do aka swap him and repick after, to ensure there was no void/tiny to screw him - Gosh even ask him to swap back your hero and let him keep the repick).

He's already playing -arem most likely to prevent getting void/tiny picks, and now you (or rather ENT seeing that shit suggestion) is gonna start banning mac players due to the broken wc3 patches? I sincerely hope this doens't turn into a ban reason, cause this is not logical at all.

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:59 am

4v5 was always playable, dead weight tiny/void isn't. Honestly, I wouldn't have cared if he dropped or left, that would have been perfectly fine. He repicked into void late and even then, if you check chat log, he seemed to get an opportunity to swap and didn't. I wouldn't care if they were given a "drop me out of this game with tiny/void without ban because I can't play using a real computer" command, It's just having to play with them I can't stand. They're just a nuisance. Also, that guy does play apem, not that I'd want to discourage him considering it keeps him from ruining the games I actually play.

If someone has a bad connection and doesn't take measures to solve the problem, they're going to be fully responsible for their dropping/leaving. I don't see why mac players shouldn't be responsible for the games they ruin.

nitromon
Treant

Postby nitromon » Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:29 pm

I saw the suggestion to ban Mac players, I was surprised it was dismissed. I mean, yeah I know it is mean to people with Macs, however it really is unfair to everyone else.

- Situation A: Mac player indicates he is on mac in the lobby. Game starts and someone purposely picks tiny or void just to drop them. Game becomes unbalanced.

- Situation B: Mac player stays quiet until someone picks a Tiny or Void and then begs them to repick. The person who repicks then loses gold and starts off unfairly.

And then the abuse. Player on new account claims to be a Mac player, begs the opposing team to repick void or Tiny b/c they don't want to fight them or b/c they just want them to lose gold.

My question is.... why is this suddenly an issue? Mac has been around for a while, but I don't ever remember this desync issue 'til a couple of months ago. Are there just suddenly an influx of Mac Dota players? Or is there specifically 1 Mac Dota player playing on 10 smurf accounts trolling everyone?

But something really needs to be done.

BeerLord
Protector of Nature

Postby BeerLord » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:57 am

We do not have a policy that would make this ban-worthy at this time.
Denied.

Return to “Processed Requests”