[ID] lordmillt@useast

Approved or denied ban requests are archived here.

Moderator: ENT Staff

Lynx
Donator

[ID] lordmillt@useast

Postby Lynx » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:50 pm

Replay Link: Makrura Draenei
Game Name: [ENT] Island Defense #59 & [ENT] Island Defense #61
Your Warcraft III Username: Lynx-@euro
Violator's Warcraft III Username: lordmillt@us.east
Violated Rule(s):
EntGaming:Rules wrote:The use of any utility (FCD, maphack, stream sniping, etc.) that gives you an unfair advantage over other players will result in a heavy ban.
I claim lordmillt is using a macro that makes his "esc" button be a "esc + 1" button to have an unfair advantage over other players, this macro would for example greatly reduce the difficulty of wallwalking.
Time of Violation (in-game or replay): Evidence will be given through twitchtv clips
Any further thoughts: Clips were taken from twitch.tv/linco2, lordmillts twitch stream. Clips that prove the macro useage I claim are here;

Makrura clean video Makrura frame by frame video
Draenei clean video Draenei frame by frame video

For those not sure what look at, see when lordmillt is cancelling his structures. Normally the unit selection would go blank after cancelling a structure, however lordmillts escape(cancel structure hotkey) key is triggering a "1" to be pressed after "esc". Now instead of having a blank unit selection lordmillt has control group 1 selected which is his main builder. In both of my examples there is not a single frame of lordmillts unit selection that is blank after the structure cancellation. With two examples it is beyond reasonable doubt to not attribute these cases to macro usage.

Let me know if the links to the videos aren't working.
Attachments
lordmillt draenei macro.w3g
(403.58 KiB) Downloaded 26 times
makrura lordmillt macro.w3g
(105.09 KiB) Downloaded 27 times
Last edited by Lynx on Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Daisy
Aura Tree

Re: [ID] lordmillt@useast

Postby Daisy » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:47 am

doesnt seem like a banreason for me, otherwise you would neet to ban evry hotkeytool user in dota and lod, because thats Pretty the same.

Haunt
Oversight Staff

Postby Haunt » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:17 am

Except it’s not. Remapping keys is ok, having one key do multiple things is not.
These users thanked the author Haunt for the post:
Panopticon (Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:06 pm)

seto
Aura Tree

Postby seto » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:47 pm

@Daisy

Usage of macros are forbidden, with the exception of remapping your keys. For example, remapping item slot (hotkey 4) to alt+5. However, remapping 2 keys into 1 (like b(uild)+w(wall) as hotkey v) is considered a macro and is ban-able.

It's explicitly forbidden, so you're either astroturfing this request, or simply cannot read.

e0e0e0e0
Forest Walker

Postby e0e0e0e0 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:21 pm

For the record, streaming on twitch using programs such as Streamlabs/OBS, can limit FPS of stream to even below 30, pair that along with frame drops and millt's fast micro ability to press esc + 1 at nearly the same time, and these videos cannot be relied upon.

Only the replays should be reviewed, possibly using drm as well.

lordmillt4
Aura Tree

Postby lordmillt4 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:12 pm

Pressing ESC + 1 at the same time is something I've done for years upon years now, not only in games as ID but also in games as World of Warcraft as I have to cancel my casts and recast them instantly as I am playing as a healer to avoid getting interrupted (Most people prob knows this and what it is as its called faking a kick out of the dpsers which I do at highish lvl of gameplay as top 10% pvpers of EU and i got hours on canceling my casts). It's not hard to press ESC + 1 at the same time for me anymore which can look weird for most people but as I am fair hyper while im playing games and due to my keyboard my ESC and my 1 button is fair Close to each others which reduces the difficult to press ESC and 1 at the same time. Even if I used macros, why would i risk live streaming it when I've linked my own twitch in the discord server called Azeroth where theres ENT mods and I obv know that if i would use macro i could get easy exposed of it which makes no sense to me in case to use macro while streaming. I've always played WC3 without any kinda programs except fogclicker back in 309 when it was still a thing for ID, since then i havent used anything, no custom keybinds no nothing, I will happily provide any kinda proof that mods request of me to prove my innocent in this case as I don't wanna get innocent banned because of my fast reaction time. Thanks a lot <3.
These users thanked the author lordmillt4 for the post:
Panopticon (Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:41 pm)

Panopticon
Treant Protector

Postby Panopticon » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:43 pm

Not to mention getting caught cheating via third party software while streaming is also a quick way of getting your stream banned.
PSA: Bigtits = Iambackk

tinker_666 = ta-ta

Yarragon
Treant

Postby Yarragon » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:43 pm

Considering it's nearly impossible to prove a macro usage that isn't completely obvious and / or blatant without outside software assistance (like reading inputs from the keyboard vs. actual in game inputs) I don't think Millt will be banned here. It did look vaguely suspicious in the links provided by Lynx, as the chance that twitch would drop the exact frame he re-selects his builder AND that he was frame perfect with the selection is nearly 0 (though not impossible.)

I'm pretty vocal about my dislike for the guy, but I don't think he cheats, at least I hope he doesn't.
"Sura is a God dude, like for real."
-Burn/Timmy/Avion

Lynx
Donator

Postby Lynx » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:32 pm

Additional evidence from his stream today.

Tauren frame by frame Tauren clean

Twitch clips are here if for some reason anyone would believe I manually removed a frame in my videos for whatever reason https://www.twitch.tv/linco2/clips?range=7d

lordmillt4
Aura Tree

Postby lordmillt4 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:46 pm

Lynx wrote:Additional evidence from his stream today.

Tauren frame by frame Tauren clean

Twitch clips are here if for some reason anyone would believe I manually removed a frame in my videos for whatever reason https://www.twitch.tv/linco2/clips?range=7d

These videos r just exactly how I always play, I always press ESC then 1 super fast like i wrote above so you might as well add my entire stream as my entire stream is just filled with these clips of urs, but it doesnt change the fact what I wrote this morning.

Lynx
Donator

Postby Lynx » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:50 pm

I was curious today to what ms delay to press 1 after esc was required to have your unit selection box be control group 1 instead of blank. So I made my own script to check. If your 1 click is 125ms after your esc click you will not have a blank unit selection. This means that the frame by frame videos I provided can't be considered as solid proof because it is not impossible to have your 1 click be 0-125ms after your esc click if you were to do it manually.

It's up to the mods now if their DRM search has found anything that could be tied to macro usage.

I realize I probably should've checked this before submitting this BRQ.

e0e0e0e0
Forest Walker

Postby e0e0e0e0 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:27 am

lynx claims 0-125ms is fast enough for no blank selection,
millt streams @ 30 fps
normal computer screens run @ 60-120 fps
60/30 = 2
125ms*2= 250ms
millt has 250ms to press 1 button to avoid blank selection while on stream.
videos invalidated.
drm/replay analysis only.

seto
Aura Tree

Postby seto » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:35 pm

This is another classic case of, "I think this guy is cheating, please ban him ENT!", which are becoming all too common on this forum.

Lynx
Donator

Postby Lynx » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:01 pm

seto wrote:This is another classic case of, "I think this guy is cheating, please ban him ENT!", which are becoming all too common on this forum.

Except that this is a case of "Hey guys, I think there is a possibility that this dude is breaking the rules. Let's look into it together." Which is how ban request should be like on this forum.

lordmillt4
Aura Tree

Postby lordmillt4 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:09 pm

seto wrote:This is another classic case of, "I think this guy is cheating, please ban him ENT!", which are becoming all too common on this forum.

People Think people cheat/broke rules all the time and thats what ban requests are for, Lynx- thought I was cheating so he checked it up and proved proof even tho it didnt help much to the case of this brq so theres no reason to blame players as they just want free-cheating games in this Community.
These users thanked the author lordmillt4 for the post:
Panopticon (Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:53 pm)

Return to “Processed Requests”