[ID] ID m3fist0@euro

Approved or denied ban requests are archived here.

Moderator: ENT Staff

lordmillt4
Aura Tree

[ID] ID m3fist0@euro

Postby lordmillt4 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:43 pm

Replay Link: https://entgaming.net/customstats/islan ... /11232912/
Game Name: [ent] Island defense #54
Your Warcraft III Username: lordmillt
Violator's Warcraft III Username: m3fist0@euro
Violated Rule(s): AFK'in as titan/refuse to pick,
Time of Violation (in-game or replay): Start from finish? Like 3mins in we votekicked him for AFKin.
Any further thoughts:

Yetdefect
Resource Storage

Re: [ID] ID m3fist0@euro

Postby Yetdefect » Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:28 pm

I was a player in this game(gabbagool), and I don't think there was any malicious intent in his action, or any intent at all for that matter. I think he just forgot that he had joined a game of ID. Thus I don't think it's a good idea to punish a first time "offense" of accidentally being AFK. As long he doesn't have a record of going AFK several times in a short period of time, I dont see why you would ban him for this. There isn't much inconvenience in just joining the next hosted game(which we did btw).

lordmillt4
Aura Tree

Postby lordmillt4 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:42 pm

Yetdefect wrote:I was a player in this game(gabbagool), and I don't think there was any malicious intent in his action, or any intent at all for that matter. I think he just forgot that he had joined a game of ID. Thus I don't think it's a good idea to punish a first time "offense" of accidentally being AFK. As long he doesn't have a record of going AFK several times in a short period of time, I dont see why you would ban him for this. There isn't much inconvenience in just joining the next hosted game(which we did btw).

I mean he did go AFK but since the lobby was up for two hours but he joined when there was 1-2 slots left and went titan himself there were no reason for him to go AFK as we only missed 1-2 builder slots. If you're going to AFK you might as well leave the lobby so you don't risk not picking, ending up getting vk'ed and breaking the rules of ENT's.

Edit: We gave him 7mins to pick his titan, from start to finish, you don't go AFK for 7mins+ when theres only 1-2 slots left.

Yetdefect
Resource Storage

Postby Yetdefect » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:46 pm

I mean he did go AFK but since the lobby was up for two hours but he joined when there was 1-2 slots left and went titan himself there were no reason for him to go AFK as we only missed 1-2 builder slots. If you're going to AFK you might as well leave the lobby so you don't risk not picking, ending up getting vk'ed and breaking the rules of ENT's.

Edit: We gave him 7mins to pick his titan, from start to finish, you don't go AFK for 7mins+ when theres only 1-2 slots left.

I think you missed my point, my point is that given the preconditions, and his history, its pretty clear to me that his intent wasn't malicious. Therefor I see absolutely no reason to ban him. And if the rules imply that if someone AFKs once, without any malicious intent, and without having a history of AFKing a lot, I believe that's completely without reason.

seto
Aura Tree

Postby seto » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:57 pm

The road to the shadow realm is paved with good intentions. The player broke the rules.
These users thanked the author seto for the post:
Panopticon (Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:00 am)

Ben_T
Treant Protector

Postby Ben_T » Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:37 pm

Player banned 3 days for afk.

Return to “Processed Requests”