pause abuse and votekick abuse [DOTA]

Approved or denied ban requests are archived here.

Moderator: ENT Staff

Misakikun
Basic Tree

Re: pause abuse and votekick abuse [DOTA]

Postby Misakikun » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:49 pm

The game pause was for a draw petition, no more... dont you understand it?

req
Aura Tree

Postby req » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:57 pm

Winter- wrote:
req wrote:since the subject is votekick abuse you may as well add this one too ;)

(01:06 / Allied) WintersNight: !votekick chi
(01:06 / All) Belle: A votekick against player [Chill] has been started by player [WintersNight]. 6 votes are needed within 60 seconds to pass.

and actually the chat is a necessary addition. The staff will read the chat anyways whether I copy/paste it or not so...

You mean votekick abuse for a guy that was lagging the game and dropped right after, with no one voting on it?

Let me guess...you're the other guy in this ban request.

That person disconnected few mins later. You don't get to votekick, if they drop they dropped. See first if their connection gets fixed before u all proceed on dropping the player via the "drop player" and not with a votekick. Also that Chill guy wanted to draw too (he tried at least) before he got the disconnect. It has happened to me few times in the past my connection had some spikes which caused me to "lag" but it got fixed itself. If i got vote-kicked it would be unfair.

The pause the guys did was in the very beginning of the game without affecting anyone, the reason of it was for people to draw, they even explained it :)

BeerLord
Protector of Nature

Postby BeerLord » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:10 pm

The pause, at that time in the game, was not unreasonable and not ban worthy.
The votekick attempt was abusive, but the op is impersonating admin with this comment: (01:17 / All) WintersNight: u banned

Countchokula, had you not violated a rule yourself I would have considered issuing a warning or even possibly a ban here (bearing in mind that single abusive votekick attempts that dont pass do not always result in a ban).
Denied.

Return to “Processed Requests”