[LTD] second opinion

Approved or denied ban requests are archived here.

Moderator: ENT Staff

KiwiLeKiller
Treant Protector

[LTD] second opinion

Postby KiwiLeKiller » Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:57 pm

Replay Link: See below
Game Name: See in replay links
Your Warcraft III Username: KiwiLeKiller
Violator's Warcraft III Username: sorryiamdrunk & masterofthepit
Violated Rule(s): Clogging and deceiving others about rules
Any further thoughts:
https://entgaming.net/findstats.php?id=11614279 (sorryiamdrunk)
https://entgaming.net/findstats.php?id=11614235 (sorryiamdrunk & masterofthepit)
https://entgaming.net/findstats.php?id=11614200 (sorryiamdrunk & masterofthepit)
https://entgaming.net/findstats.php?id=11614171 (sorryiamdrunk & masterofthepit)
https://entgaming.net/findstats.php?id=11614148 (sorryiamdrunk & masterofthepit)
https://entgaming.net/findstats.php?id=11614109 (sorryiamdrunk & masterofthepit)
https://entgaming.net/findstats.php?id=11614081 (sorryiamdrunk & masterofthepit)

First request: viewtopic.php?f=24&p=535122#p535122

@HazarDous
"in a moment of extreme passion"
- Beastman (2017)

Zeratul

Re: [LTD] second opinion

Postby Zeratul » Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:15 pm

No idea how that ended up denied - According to broud3r (aka the map developer):

however while i try my best to reduce any kinds of possible abuse, trying to successfully "clog" might still result in a ban as its covered by the general rule:
Code: Select all

Do not purposely glitch or exploit the game.

So clogging can still occur, and it is bannable since you are exploiting a game mechanic

GreenLikeHerbs
Aura Tree

Postby GreenLikeHerbs » Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:33 pm

Playing is exploiting game mechanic guys you are so DRAMA !! Clog is now less than 50% win if u oppenents are dumb, where it was 90% win before, u cant considère that as a major glitch.

Every things in this game are exploiting game mechanics that why it make this game cool so much way to go so much way to play, noone is crying when ygg hold 7 isnt it exploiting game mechanics ? Noone cry when someone go suicide or when enginer push hard 5 OMG its exploiting game mechanics to, Lets push hard to outsend ! EXPLOITING GAME MECHANICS !!!! We need 120g corner delay ! EXPLOIIIIIIIIIIIITING GAME MECHANICS !!!!!!!!!! and i'm not speaking about Cross EXPLOITING GAME MECHANICS or anti-SUCK on mega who is nearly like a cheat code for noobs.

U ask for opinion i give u mine, now i think u should stop create drama bro that kinda ridiculous.

KiwiLeKiller
Treant Protector

Postby KiwiLeKiller » Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:46 pm

GreenLikeHerbs wrote:Playing is exploiting game mechanic guys you are so DRAMA !! Clog is now less than 50% win if u oppenents are dumb, where it was 90% win before, u cant considère that as a major glitch.

Every things in this game are exploiting game mechanics that why it make this game cool so much way to go so much way to play, noone is crying when ygg hold 7 isnt it exploiting game mechanics ? Noone cry when someone go suicide or when enginer push hard 5 OMG its exploiting game mechanics to, Lets push hard to outsend ! EXPLOITING GAME MECHANICS !!!! We need 120g corner delay ! EXPLOIIIIIIIIIIIITING GAME MECHANICS !!!!!!!!!! and i'm not speaking about Cross EXPLOITING GAME MECHANICS or anti-SUCK on mega who is nearly like a cheat code for noobs.

U ask for opinion i give u mine, now i think u should stop create drama bro that kinda ridiculous.

You are 100% wrong, not that it matters though. You explicitly expressed your need to abuse the game mechanics and did not care about the rules either in the past or in the present.
- Beastman (2017)

Augustinus
Treant Protector

Postby Augustinus » Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:51 pm

As I already said:
  • What we did is not an exploit. Hence it is not covered by the cited rule and thus not bannable.
  • We are not even very successfull doing it and everyone who watched replays can testify that this strategy is easy to conter. Thus I do not the negative effects on the gameplay balance
  • You apparently really dislike what we did. I can understand that the whole topic is a red flag for all long time LTD players. But the original disruptive flaw in the game does not exist anymore and you have to acknowledge that a strategy does not have to be liked by everyone to be legit.

In the end I don't think that we should get punished for maximising our win chances. Especially when we are rather inexperienced and playing against stacked teams, it is ridiculous to force us by rules to play a meta whith that we will almost certainly lose.

KiwiLeKiller
Treant Protector

Postby KiwiLeKiller » Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:06 pm

Augustinus wrote:As I already said:
  • What we did is not an exploit. Hence it is not covered by the cited rule and thus not bannable.
  • We are not even very successfull doing it and everyone who watched replays can testify that this strategy is easy to conter. Thus I do not the negative effects on the gameplay balance
  • You apparently really dislike what we did. I can understand that the whole topic is a red flag for all long time LTD players. But the original disruptive flaw in the game does not exist anymore and you have to acknowledge that a strategy does not have to be liked by everyone to be legit.

In the end I don't think that we should get punished for maximising our win chances. Especially when we are rather inexperienced and playing against stacked teams, it is ridiculous to force us by rules to play a meta whith that we will almost certainly lose.

Your reasoning is flawed. You first say that you almost always lose with it, but that you don't want to play a meta where you will lose... Coherence? Also, not being successful at something doesn't make it more acceptable, it is against the rules. You don't get to chose what is allowed or not. Clog has always been considered as abusive and bannable. It is still bannable, I don't know why it would not... clogging on race levels has been fixed, but only some features has been implemented to counter early clogging, but it is still abusive, hence bannable. It's the same as if you were pushing and
juggling hardcore to stall time for lumber...

If you do not want to follow the rules, either go play elsewhere or stop playing this game.
- Beastman (2017)

Augustinus
Treant Protector

Postby Augustinus » Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:18 pm

It is in my opinion 90% chance to lose vs 55% chance to lose. I would pick the 55% chance.

I really don't see the abuse in what we are doing. A lot of teams choose to create suiciders in order to outsend and the leak time is of cardinal importance when playing like this. Why should a different rule set apply to doing this early game?

Quetra
Protector of Nature

Postby Quetra » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:50 pm

Clogging was removed from the rules since it's not an issue anymore. You can leak lots of units to delay the game but it's not like the old clogging, this is not bannable.

Denied.

Return to “Processed Requests”