h3rmit Lanaya picking to crash

Approved or denied ban requests are archived here.

Moderator: ENT Staff

Yorichi
Resource Storage

h3rmit Lanaya picking to crash

Postby Yorichi » Wed May 10, 2023 3:42 pm

Replay Link: https://entgaming.net/findstats.php?id=12164958
Game Name: [ENT] DotA apem us/ca #79
Your Warcraft III Username: Sexy.Mission
Violator's Warcraft III Username: H3rmit
Violated Rule(s): Picking Lanaya causing the game to desync and crash

mmx
Aura Tree

Re: h3rmit Lanaya picking to crash

Postby mmx » Wed May 10, 2023 3:56 pm

After fixing the PL bug, h3rmit is trying to fix Lanaya bug as well this was discussed in the lobby.

This Lanaya bug has been a major setback for many games (Both in terms of being one of ruiners favourites, random picks and not being able to play it all these games...) we talked about testing Lanaya in the lobby as well as we couldn't reproduce the bug with only 2-3 players.
These users thanked the author mmx for the post:
h3rmit (Wed May 10, 2023 4:27 pm)

h3rmit
Resource Storage

Postby h3rmit » Wed May 10, 2023 4:05 pm

Hello.

As you all know, the Lanaya bug in DotA 6.83d has been known for quite a while in version 1.30.1 of Warcraft III.

I recently updated the map to improve the crash prevention for Phantom Lancer's Doppelganger, as a few cases were reported to be still be causing a crash. Noticing this update, several people asked about Lanaya. I decided to reinitiate the investigation of Lanaya, with the intention to eventually fix it as well. Problem is that it wasn't possible to reproduce it so far with 1, 2 or 3 players in test games (thanks kobz and Mush- for volunteering!).

In the game mentioned, I was having a long discussion with players in the lobby about it, and at the very beginning of the game I informed players that picking Lanaya in a game of 10 players was the only easy way to find out if, how and when the desync happens, willing to play Lanaya normally for the whole game if the bug couldn't be reproduced.

Several valuable clues were gathered thanks to this game, and only a few minutes were invested for a long-standing and yet unresolvable bug that's been there for years.

I thank all you players that participated in this game for your time, and apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. It was for the greater good :)

P.S.: I'm looking for several volunteers to help me reproduce the bug in private test games and test beta candidate versions of the map that may resolve this bug.

Unitil
Oversight Staff

Postby Unitil » Wed May 10, 2023 4:29 pm

Denied.

As noted h3rmit is attempting to assist with finding the root cause of the desync issues involving Lanaya.
h3rmit also has already put in a few revisions of the map to fix PL.

Though public bot is probably not the best spot for this, I believe most of the other users were aware of the test.
Unfortunately you had joined at the very end and had missed what was said prior.

Lobby chat available at the following link
http://storage.entgaming.net/replay/dow ... 164958.txt

Processing.

Return to “Processed Requests”