(2.4 MiB) Downloaded 137 times

0107a Changelog:
  • Demonologist is now selectable again.

0107 Download:
Island Defense 4.0.0.0107 Beta OU9.w3x
Official release.
(2.4 MiB) Downloaded 69 times

0107 Changelog:
  • Voltron's nuke is now similar to normal bounce nukes.
  • Voltron's windwalk now lasts less, but gives extra damage against buildings on the initial hit while windwalked. The duration and damage increases with Voltron's level.
  • Voltron's scouting ability now summons lightning orbs similar to how his heal used to work. These orbs have True Sight but are uncontrollable. The amount of orbs and the range increases with Voltron's level.
  • Voltron's Heal is now just a reskinned version of Lucidious'. This is temporary until a more unique heal is added.
  • Voltron's unique has not been changed, but will be in the future.
  • Voltron's ultimate now has a small, uncancellable casting delay. After blinking, Voltron gets a 60% movement speed reduction but gains 80% increased attack speed for 3 seconds.
  • Voltron's Minions have a visual projectile to show the targets acquired by their cone nuke.
  • Voltron's Minions now have a reduced windwalk delay (down to 40 seconds, from 3 minutes).
  • Other minor changes from 0106c/0106d (minor bug / tooltip fixes).

A lot of the ideas for changes to Voltron came from Remixer's topic here. Many thanks to him!

This is the first release with a new editing set up (required due to Blizzard's 1.28 changes), so please tell me if something doesn't work for you! Thanks.
Former Editor of Island Defense - ENTID Rules

Lynx
Donator

Re: [0107] Voltron Changes

Postby Lynx » Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:37 pm

Nice to see that you haven't given up on Island Defense. Got any plans for future updates?

Remixer
Forest Walker

Postby Remixer » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:35 pm

I like to see you made some actions. I have free time for a week at least so perhaps we could have a chat.

On topic, I wonder what made you keep the unique ability unchanged (for now). Also, I do hope the wind walk also has reduced cooldown, that is not mentioned.

Also, it seems the images on my post you refer to are outdated, do you have the images somewhere, or did you go by the memory?

@Lynx, what made you think he had? The lack of updates is most likely because Blizzard broke the NewGen editor and along with it pretty much everything.

Neco
Treant Protector

Postby Neco » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:35 am

I wasn't really satisfied with the unique ability, so decided to revisit it and release this version because I feel that it already addresses a lot of the main issues with Voltron. Yes the windwalk has a shorter cooldown.

The images are broken because of ENT, and are easy to recover if you remove all of the "imageproxy" junk.

Please don't feed the trolls :).

Remixer
Forest Walker

Postby Remixer » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:41 am

"I wasn't really satisfied with the unique ability, so decided to revisit it and release this version because I feel that it already addresses a lot of the main issues with Voltron. Yes the windwalk has a shorter cooldown."

I see, have you given any thought on other possibilities? I personally did like the Unique Passive on the kit (because it had so much connection to electricity and lightning). A new idea just popped to my head, what about giving him 2 Unique Abilities to choose from? Same could be used on all titans, so it would actually be "Unique" Ability?

Burn
Protector of Nature

Postby Burn » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:06 am

Haven't played this version yet, but here are my thoughts:

I like the minion changes, 40 second CD WW would be cool on minions.

Not sure why the heal was changed, that was the best thing about Voltron.

The nuke was the worst part of Voltron, glad to see it is being changed. Interesting to see that the minion nuke is still unchanged though. Maybe make it an instant lightning AoE cone similar to granit minion nukes?

Scout change is nice as long as it provided enough flying vision to nuke workers.

Doesn't seem like the remaining changes matter too much, except to make the titan more interesting. Seems like an overall buff, which Voltron desperately needs.

-Burn

Neco
Treant Protector

Postby Neco » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:55 am

Burn wrote:Maybe make [the minion nuke] an instant lightning AoE cone similar to granit minion nukes?

This is how it's worked for a while now, I just added a projectile as a replacement for lightning effects as they cause desyncs sometimes.

Remixer
Forest Walker

Postby Remixer » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:13 pm

"Not sure why the heal was changed, that was the best thing about Voltron. "

Well the healing will be changed as well, so perhaps you'll like the new heal better. Also, I never personally understood what was so good about Voltron's heal, at least back then it did not fit his kit (which was non-existent).

Maybe another Titan get similar healing.

bookbk
Basic Tree

Postby bookbk » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:11 am

Could you plz make Island Defense for Dota2?

Neco
Treant Protector

Re: [Latest][0107a] Voltron Changes

Postby Neco » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:20 am

Added 0107a, with a fix for Demonologist. I only just learned today that it was broken... Please keep reporting bugs guys.

PixelNA
Basic Tree

Postby PixelNA » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:26 pm

Hey, quick question is there anyway or anyone who you guys know that still play island defence? First time playing warcraft 3 in like 7 years. I would love to get back into it

TimmyTheTauren
Donator

Postby TimmyTheTauren » Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:22 am

PixelNA wrote:Hey, quick question is there anyway or anyone who you guys know that still play island defence? First time playing warcraft 3 in like 7 years. I would love to get back into it

/whois ent.60

You can also click the games tab found below the site header. The game is a lot different, I suggest watching a few replays to get the hang of gameplay before diving in. You will be flamed for poor play.
Spoiler!

Return to “Island Defense”